Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forgot about the teaching

PT is going to be a better option - DH is a worrier and losing the entirety of my income makes him nervous. We also know that I'd have a pretty good chance of going full time if DH lost his job for some reason. There will be a bit of travel, but they understand I won't do very much of it.

No days home alone - DH works from home and mom will be studying for the nursing boards...for an introvert, that's a hard thing. But, I suspect that I need to work part time -- the boys need me, but not every day, especially while in school...and I'm not a really good housewife (except for cooking) I'm not good like Chris or Sabine...
    -- Ruth

Comment

• thanks, but it isn't really about the housekeeping bit, it is amazing how much driving around is needed, depending on how far away schools are and if they are in different ones, and what after school activities they are into, etc. If DH and mom have flexible schedules you should be covered, especially since you are such an organized person. Gonna have to work out your introvert alone time though. But certainly at their ages, PT is fine, I mean obviously many many moms work full time and their kids do just as well, of course your kids are a little different. Can you take a sabbatical for a couple of months or maybe summer?
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yes, I can take (unpaid) family medical leave. I'm considering some time this summer. I'm playing it by ear - seeing how much the boys needs. Luckily, there are 3 of us to share the chauffeuring The youngest's school is just over a mile (just enough for the school bus - yay!) and the two older guys go to the same school (10 min drive away). While in foster care, we are very limited in terms of where they can go. Basically, I can't have anyone else drive them...so we will be the chauffeurs!

Can I just say, DH and I are SO excited and ready to be parents. It feels like it is the right time. Remind me of this in a few months, when I want to pull my hair out..............
        -- Ruth

Comment

• the rewards out weigh the frustrations, eventually at least. I would say that time spent together is super important, I would like to suggest something we did with ours which was to do an overnight (the whole family) for their birthdays that included something that interests the birthday child (ie. civil war sites, horseback riding B&B, overnight in a shark aquarium, swimming with dolphins, etc). We didn't do gifts, but certainly you could add a little something related so that they would remember both better.
          Last edited by demuralist; 02-27-2014, 07:18 AM.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ^This is a great idea.^
            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Thanks. They went through a couple of years where they thought they would prefer a gift, but now really appreciate the experiences. Now we usually give them one big (read that expensive) gift a year and that is their Christmas and birthday and (when appropriate) graduation, etc. I still try to do something special with them for their birthdays, but now that they are away at college that is not usually an overnight event.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I REALLY like that idea as well. My guys have never been out of the state, so I think experiences will be an awesome thing You're such a good mom, Chris!
                -- Ruth

Comment

• One of the things we've had to do is clean out 3 rooms, including my office. DH and I are now going to share an office -- mom moved into my office. Can you say STUFF? My goodness. How can 3 people have so much STUFF? [BTW, my mom and DH's mom think our house is a bit bare...and all I can see is stuff and clutter] We are slowly getting things done. It's going to be good when it's done!

Yikes. The last 3 days were emotional eating days. I'm trying to get back on track today.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Don't know how close you are to Disneyland, but we got a year's pass one year and went for each of our birthdays. If you go to the office on Main Street (I am guessing it is the same as at Disney World where we went) and you tell them it is your birthday, they give you a big button that says it is your birthday and then all sorts of very special things start to happen as the characters and staff see the button, very memorable and one of the kids favorites still. We got to stay on Boo's favorite ride until he wanted to get off (Buzz Lightyear for almost an hour!) while the people in line every time we went past were like, hey they aren't getting off, to which staff proudly announced that it was for a birthday boy.

Oh, I am working on getting back on track as well. Not sure why my emotions don't also tell me that "hey, when you were on track you were feeling great and losing weight lets do that again!"

p.s. as to being a good mom, thanks I really tried and I had lots of help and that was before Pinterest, wow the things I would have done had I gotten into that one earlier, assuming I wouldn't have just spent an inordinate amount of time on it.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• How cool! I'll ask the boys about Disney. For the most part, they just want to go out of state. I also heard mention of the beach!

I waste a lot of time on Pinterest, but I've found some cool ideas. In terms of kids, though, so much of it seems to be for little kids....
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Beaches are usually pretty easy because they tend to have an abundance of house rentals of different sizes and prices. Plus,well, it is the beach. My favorite places on earth in any season.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Last night was AWESOME. I cannot wait until these boys are here with us full time. I wish I could post pictures...they are handsome.

They loved dinner. They ate the entire bowl of salad and all of the pico. All of them, but especially the middle guy, LOVE fresh veggies. They will keep me on my toes to have enough always on hand.

Tonight, ribs with a muffaletta salad.

It's going to be a LONG day.
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• yum, oh my goodness. (you can do a CSA, I usually end up with too many veggies that way, I also always have some in the freezer which can be roasted and be almost as good as fresh)

So glad you all are having so much fun.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• It's very likely that the boys will move in on the 10th. Squealing with excitement over here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't have very good CSAs, but I might take a look again. You'll see me pinning all kinds of different salad recipes for the guys.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• oo, yum, love salads (hate to make them though, odd that)

ok, beyond excited about the move in. Is it for sure now?
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X