No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billionaire pie?? I'm not a big pie fan but this sounds intriguing.

I've had more success by not chasing the outcome/scale measure. I do best by paying attention to my choices. Also, by realizing, to the core of my being, I am SO much more than my size/weight/ outside appearance.

Comment

• hmmm here is a paleo-ized version of Billionaire pie
      Banana-less Banoffee Pie, or Multi-Billionaire’s Shortbread – You Decide. | Happiness Stan Lives Here

original millionaire pie

http://crazyhorsesghost.hubpages.com...illionaire-Pie
      Last edited by athomeontherange; 02-23-2014, 07:35 PM.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I love the idea of pie on pi day! Personally I would probably make a regular pie with a little custard cup for myself without crust, unless the above recipe for crust from marcadav worked.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ah, such a great weekend. Better than I can remember in so long. DH, mom, and I all loved it. We're exhausted, though. Getting the house ready has been lots of work. Ugh. We may not get to see the boys midweek due to their appointments It's going to be a long week, except we still have lots of work to do!!!

I need to get back to my fast 5 this week! I'm thinking steak for lunch. Yum!!!
          -- Ruth

Comment

• So glad to hear all went well with the boys. They sound awesome! Totally excited for you guys.

Comment

• I am working my way toward a fast 5, the only hang up is that I put cream and coconut milk in my morning coffee and tea, so I get about 150 outside the 5 hour window. And I haven't been doing this on my days off, but plan to start it, well today (again except for the 150 calories of coconut milk and cream). I will still be doing my 4:3 or at least 5:2.

p.s. I was just thinking that I have a pie crust recipe that you mix in the pie pan that uses oil instead of shortening. If you had a good gluten free flour it would be a good one.

You use 1.5 C flour, 1 TB sugar (or honey or molasses it helps with the color and texture), 1/2tsp salt, 1/2C oil of your choice (I have used nut oils and even a mild olive oil), up to 3T of milk (any kind will do it, I usually use coconut). Put it all in the pan, mix, then press it all out. This is very good and crazy easy. Works for sweet or savory.
              Last edited by demuralist; 02-24-2014, 12:08 PM.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Now, that crust totally sounds like something I can do!!!!!

Fast 5....yeah, not so much yesterday. I'm finding when I'm tired, I don't do as well. And, well, we're pretty exhausted from all of this. I'm going to need a vacation when the boys are finally here.

You guys have got to be so tired about hearing about the boys It is, however, almost the only thing I can think of these days. My DH is SO cute. I took millions of photos this weekend. DH printed printed one of each of the guys and tacked it to his wall above his desk. As much as he can irritate me, I know I married a most awesome guy.

If I can get permission, I want to take the boys to a hotel in town for a night. I have a certificate that expires in a week and I hate not to use it. Do you think they'd enjoy it? They've never been to a nice hotel that has a pool and stuff. Figured we'd (okay, they) would swim, we'd play basketball, go to the movies, watch cable, etc. I know it's weird in town, but I also thought it could be fun.
                -- Ruth

Comment

• Neat idea! My kids love hotel pools.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Aw, you are expecting and triplets at that! You should be gushing about your boys!
                    Thx for sharing your excitement!
                    I have kids of all ages and they all love going to a hotel.
                    I think it would be a great family experience!

Comment

• Kids ARE exciting!!

Comment

• LOVE hearing about the boys and your adventures with them, so nice to have something positive for you to focus on!

I think the in-town hotel is a fantastic idea! Even if you don't spend the night (tight quarters for 5 right?) being able to use the pool and facilities would be an adventure.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Approved to go to the hotel. Hopefully the boys enjoy it

Ugh. Emotional eating yesterday and today. I know that it is worry over the boys and work avoidance. I've named it, now I need to tame it. Trying to make sure that if I am going to eat, it's meat and veggies.
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• I have been wondering about your work situation, what are you up to with all that?
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• It's okay. I'm still working full time, but I have basically stopped traveling (turned down several trips) and won't work nights or weekend. I feel like a major slacker

The environmental group will call me this week or next probably to make an offer. My place said they are willing to do part time. If the last few months are any indication, I actually think my boss is serious about making it work. I'm inclined to stay here and keep my pension, 401k match, etc. My boss and I talked about me going part time either March 16 or April 1, depending on when the boys come.

It's been hard to continue to work full time (mentally, but not really), but I know that the extra money is going to be needed with all of our upfront expenses.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• not to mention college right? It seems as though part time could work. I would think you would want to be home most of the time the boys are home and have one day home alone (where no one is there), if that can work out and keep your benefits with no travel/nights/weekends seems like a good idea.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X