No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm glad things went well and are progressing.

Comment

• wait, what did you do today?
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I'm thinking green chile stew or carnitas... What do you think? They eat healthy and are good eaters.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• I think either would be good. They might expect some flour or corn tortillas.. it's the SAD after all. Or, you could serve with rice which is a natural staple for the house.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I would vote for carnitas, but that is just me, I love those things. Salad and rice, and maybe some fruit with a dip for dessert -you could do a chocolate fondue and dip strawberries and bananas and pineapples-and even one of your gluten free pound cake type things you have pinned-, and have a sweet sour cream (or creme fraiche) to dip in as well). OOO, it is time for dinner, I am getting hungry.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• If you want to make them brownies for a treat, I just made a downright delicious recipe that uses tapioca and coconut flours. Definitely a keeper!
              Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I wanted to document our meeting with the boys on Sunday, because it was special to us.

We met the boys and their therapist (who has been with them before they came into the system). We started at the park, with frisbee and football. We talked in general about sports, what we all do for fun, movies, comics, food, etc. We then came over to our house, where they met mom, the dogs, and saw what would be their bedrooms. DH ran to get lunch (BBQ!) while I took them on the "grand tour". We then sat outside and had lunch. We talked generally and then a little more specifically about the rules of our house.

All of the boys were of course excited that they would have their own room over here. We all dislike a lot of the rules of the system, that we'd have to live under, at least for 6 months if they want to be adopted. They were surprised at how much they liked the dogs (they don't dislike animals, and they have animals at their foster home, but I don't think they realized they could like them). The youngest guy bonded with our rescue dog. It was the one time we got a smile out of him - when Watson sat right on his lap (60 lb dog).

The boys all agreed that they wanted to come back for dinner midweek and then spend the weekend with us. That's the plan...until it changes or the doesn't get approved by the department.

The boys let me take pictures of them, humoring me

They are all handsome. They eat well (they are eating traditional central/latin American food -- very little junk). They have manners. They are teenage boys

The oldest guy is a charmer. I kid you not, he could convince Paula that she wants it to continue to snow through July He's girl crazy. This is not an understatement. Girl crazy! Smart, but mostly interested in girls.
                The middle guy reminds me of me. He's very serious and is a straight A student. He does not trust easily.
                The youngest guy is struggling. He's angry and I think scared. He's a looker and smart, but struggling to apply himself.

When they left, each one of them gave me a hug. I wasn't going to ask, I was going to shake their hands. It almost made me cry.

We tried to be clear that it would not be Disneyland living here. We also wanted to assure them that there is no guilt if they choose not to come live with us. It was a privilege to meet them and we enjoyed spending time with them.

Like I said, a very lovely day for our memory banks. [I want to remember this, because if they do come live with us, we all know that sparks will fly -- from standard teenage issue to adoption issues.]
                Last edited by RMS123; 02-18-2014, 01:14 PM.
                -- Ruth

Comment

• sweet, you made me tear up
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Oh Wow...
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• It was a lovely day.

I'm thinking carnitas, cilantro lime rice, a huge green salad, assuming that the Thursday dinner gets approved. I also buy these corn tortillas (I know, call the Paleo police) that are corn, water, and lime juice. Sliced fruit with a dip.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• WOW! Sounds like a lovely day! The boys sound fantastic! I can not wait to hear more. I think your dinner choice is PERFECT!!
                        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I would be really shocked if they don't approve Thursday. The weekend also. I would state that to the social worker if not because they want these kids to find their forever home. Transition slowly as needed but you need to see these kids mid-week and on the weekend whenever possible.

BTW, teared up reading about your meeting. It brings back so many memories for me...

Comment

• dinner sounds yummy, wish you lived closer!
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Thanks, guys

Chris, if I lived closer, pretty sure I'd be eating at your house most days
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Oh and Ruth we would have sooooooo much fun!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X