Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• agree with Paula on the activity!

WOW!! I am super excited to hear the meetings are all pending so quickly!! YEAH!!! I will so look forward to your breakdown of the visits! So thrilled for you!

As for the sickies.. yuck yuck yuck.. I hope they go away very soon. Get on that bone broth girl!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Laser tag is a very fun one, or if they have any historical interest you might find something of interest in that arena. Is there anything unique to the area they may not have gotten a chance to see?

Benefit of mini golf or bowling is the ability to actually interact with each other
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Roller Skating
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Good idea I wanted to go ice skating, but there's usually too many little kids, which tends to decrease the enjoyment.
          -- Ruth

Comment

• If they spend the night you might consider a campout in the back yard. The school where you are teaching may have a recreation department where you can borrow tents, and a fire pit. My kids love the whole fire thing, hotdogs and smores and all. And that would loosen up the need to have the rooms ready.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Good idea (though my school is so small, they have nothing of the sort). I love the idea of roasted hotdogs and smores - will need to think on something like that...

Feeling better, though still sick. But, going to be well enough for the weekend, which is what we're really hoping for.

Many moons ago, DH proposed to me on V Day. I'm not particularly sentimental, but it is a special day in that regard. But, DH knows better than to waste money buying me (overpriced) flowers, chocolate I don't need, or other gifts I don't want. This year, we gave each other the gift of a cold I will make up for it this weekend by cooking him a nice dinner and some type of sweet. Of course, meeting the boys is a great gift to us both.

Happy Valentine's Day MDA friends!
              -- Ruth

Comment

• At least Valentine's Day has a real meaning for you guys!

Can't wait to hear what adventures you have this weekend.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• How you are feeling better the meeting today goes smooth.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                  Karin

Comment

• Spent 3 hours with the foster parents today. This is pretty atypical. They love these boys so, so much. The world of kids in care is filled with hard decisions. Had a nice talk with the therapist - I was wondering if we were doing the boys more harm than good. She says she thinks we are still in their best interests. The therapist is awesome - she not only has a ton of training, but she was a foster & adopted kiddo and she fostered and adopted kids. We will pray. If it's meant to be it will be, and if not, I know they are well-loved. Very emotional day.

We have 3 hours scheduled with them tomorrow, which might include a visit to our house. Of course, my house is "under construction" as we're still trying to get things ready. I'm nervous. It's like going on a first date
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Praying for you and hope that knowing that the outcome is what is meant to be and that there is some reason for the experience you are going through. And hope that you get to find out what the reason is.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Oh sounds like some very tough decisions are ahead. Hugs and prayers for you all.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I hope today goes well with the boys. Perhaps after meeting them and they in return meet you it might become a little clearer.

Karin

Comment

• It was an AWESOME visit. Love these boys. [But, I'm not blinded to the fact that these are teenage boys with teenage boy issues!]. They will come for dinner on Thursday and then spend the weekend.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• egad, I can hardly stand it, so very exciting.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• WOW WOW WOW!!! So glad today went well! So, what is on the menu for Thusday?

Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X