No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pity party here (no need to keep reading).

A ton of conference calls. My boys aches so bad. No call from my social worker I'm depressed in general (TOM). Sigh. I hope I have a better attitude tomorrow.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Hang in there. Everything always looks worse than it is when you do not feel well.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Thanks.

I meant to say body, not boys, earlier Man, I'm not doing well!
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Sick, sick, sick. And whine, whine, whine. That's sums up life in our household right now. DH is worse than me. Mom tells us to stay away - she has 4 weeks until she finishes her last quarter of classes. We're the last thing she needs! Do any of you have any broth you can bring me (homemade)? I'm out....
          -- Ruth

Comment

• Sorry you are feeling bad. When you said "my boys" I thought you had acquired your own harem.
            Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-12-2014, 07:44 AM.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Man, I was thinking last night that if I had started the broth when I got back it would be ready by now, I am out as well.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ooo I wish we were closer. I have some in the freezer!!!
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Still pretty sick, but feeling better. DH is very sick. Mom is still healthy. I took the day off of work.

So, in other exciting news..................................
                  * Meeting with the social work and foster parents on Saturday.
                  * Meeting with the boys on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two of the boys are very excited, one is happy where he is, but will go where his brothers go. I've always understood that they might want to come -- they are in a good place. I'm okay with this if it happens -- they are with good people. We will move on and there will be other kiddos for us.
                  * They plan to now move fast. The decisions are very difficult for the boys and causing some ripple effects. We either need to go forward or end things so that the disruptions can end. That's a good plan. It's likely that we'll have visit next week (if the boys want to go forward) and a weekend stay possibly this coming weekend (eeks - my house is NOT ready).

And, in other further news, I won (at least at the judge level) a $12 million issue for my company. Feeling (for a few moments) like a rock star. I was on the witness stand for 5 hours related to this issue.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Well, DH has bronchitis. Pray that I don't get it. Pray that we're better by Sunday.
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Well these are exciting times for you girly!

Winning the judgement and feeling like a rock star? Fantastic!

meeting the social worker and foster parents on Saturday? Amazing!

Meeting with the boys on Sunday? I have no words for this one!

Moving fast now (finally) is probably best for all concerned, congrats. I like your attitude that, as long as the boys end up in a great place for them, you are good with their decision. There are plenty of children who could use your love and care. I know the process is the hard part, and I personally have to remind myself that, essentially, the process is life.

Hang in there, and hope you get to feeling better soon.

*we cross posted* Boo tends to get bronchitis whenever he gets a cold (he doesn't cough much, and I think that keeps the bad stuff in his lungs), but it has never spread to the rest of us.
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Now if I just hadn't gained like 30 pounds over the last few months. Ugh. I feel horrible and hate that absolutely nothing fits. Oh, well, some day I will get it all together at once.
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• things will turn around, being sick makes everything feel a little bit worse too.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Ok, friends with teenage boys (or former teenage boys). What would be a fun (but not super duper costly) activity to do with teenage boys? I thought about indoor rock climbing (except that I'm woefully out of shape) or Go Karting (I would not find this fun). Miniature golf (they could all laugh at me)?
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Or bowling (I'm equally bad at that...).
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Bowling or mini golf
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X