No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow..sounds like progress. So any ideas on a time frame.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• You know the state, I no longer try to estimate timing.... I'll let you know on Tuesday what the next step, if anything, is.
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Reading all you have gone through really drives home the point of why so many kids never get adopted. Someone with a room temperature IQ and a bottle of cheap liquor can knock up his off-and-on-again girl friend and become a 'father' where as smart, deserving folks like you have to act as if you are negotiating world peace to bring a better life to children. Frankly, I am impressed you haven't just said 'F' it.' Hell, I don't even have the patience to adopt a cat. Rock on with your awesome self.

Comment

• Correct me if the laws are different in NM, but in CO, kids past 12 yrs sign off on their adoption, so a group of teen boys can choose their parents or choose to not get adopted at all. These are important parenting issues, so they are smart to bring these questions early. You really just need to meet the boys and send some time with each other. Valentines Day is a great day to fall in love

Comment

• Oh agreed..would be a great week to meet the boys

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
            Karin

Comment

• +1 to canio. Keep hanging in there girl. Good things are coming.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• It has been a long go - almost a year. Seriously, if things don't work out with the boys, I wonder how hard we'll pursue another placement. We probably will, but it is tiring.

Yes, the boys have a say, which actually makes me glad. I don't mind their questions at all (these boys put a lot of thought into things)...but the delay in between things while coordinating with the state is frustrating.

We're fairly persistent (although I try to balance things - the social workers are slammed and are down about 3/4 of their staff on a regular basis - my social worker looks exhausted, poor thing), I don't know how you get anywhere if not. You also need the patience of a saint, neither of which I have/am

Sigh, I do not want to work tomorrow. I just want to get my house ready, which is a really slow process. Went through some boxes from my grandparents (yeah, a couple of years later). What do I do with some of this stuff? I have my grandpa's high school diploma, Navy WW2 dog tags, menus from the war when he was on the ship, etc. Sigh. I also have a bunch of magazines from the Kennedy assassination. Then I found the cards from their funeral (those about made me cry). They also had every single thing from me -- every time I was in the paper, every letter I ever sent them, etc. Ugh. Papers. I shredded a ton. Some stuff (mostly my grandpa's stuff) I don't know what to do with. I also have tons and tons and tons of old pictures...they are probably relatives, but of course they aren't labeled, and there is no one left who knows who these people Bigger sigh. They would be cool to keep if I had any blasted idea of who they were!!!!!!!!!!!
                -- Ruth

Comment

• I would scan and make 2 digital copies of everything paper, then probably get rid of most of the originals. Oddly there is actually a market for old photos, they sell like crazy at estate sales. I would probably keep the dog tags, and other things, after digitizing might be donatable (magazines and menus).
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• we have a little museum (open like twice a month) in our small town. Families from the area have donated war memorabilia to it. You might see if there is a museum where your grandparents came from. Sometimes they appreciate items "on loan" and in remembrance of people from the area.
                    Karin

Comment

• if there are church related items, most denominations have archives (ours is DOC, and I know that the Presbyterians have one in PA)
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ugh. DH and I are both sick. Congested chest, cough, horribly aching body.

On the bright side, the social worker is supposed to call. We shall see............
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• oh no.. yuck! Sorry you are sick! Feel better soon!
                          Karin

Comment

• Bleh, sorry to hear you and your husband are sick. Best of luck with getting well and with the social worker.

Comment

• Get well soon.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Oh man. Bad enough when one gets it but both? Sorry. Hope your head clears in time to chat with the social worker.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X