No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If all the thoughts in my head could just pop out on the screen without me thinking or typing....

Anyway, here's my life.
    Job. The other place is still verifying funding. I totally appreciate that...but, makes me nervous. Not sure why it didn't occur to me that a non-profit might not be totally stable in terms of funding? My current job also still wants me. I'm probably going to have to wait another month or two to make my final decision. It's not a bad thing to be courted by two places -- just a pain with the intermediate uncertainty. I've certainly gotten better about saying "no" to work-related stuff and have been cutting WAY back. Feels nice.

my car My car is a 2001 explorer with well north of 100k miles. The transmission went out. DH doesn't want to fix it (we've already replaced it once, and it's past that warranty). I think we can live with one car (which is misleading - mom also has a car...). DH think we should be buy a new one. Bickering has ensued.

food Cutting out the processed crap was not enough. This week, I started low carb to knock the sugar out of my system. It's working!!!! I'm also finally eating an amount that is more consistent with maintenance/loss. Next week, I will kick this into high gear. Then, I'll evaluate and decide my next steps (is it time for ADF? or, do I just focus on nutrition until we get the kids?). I'm still not weighing. Right now, my clothes tell me everything I need to know. I'm not obsessing (when I weigh, I sometimes get on the scale 4x/day) and I'm not hiding my head in the sand. Not weighing, but being aware of where my weight is, is helping with the stress. At any rate, I feel better.

hormones Totally off. Does cleaning up ones diet have that big of an impact? Hello TOM 7 days early...

sleep Last week, I was sleeping 10-12 hours a day. This week, with TOM, it's been choppy. Oh, well. Things really are getting better.

acne Much better. I can use the ProActive 1x/week (1x/day) and it keeps it all clear. I still don't like the fact that it took chemicals (this was going on for a year -- even when I was eating clean, clean, clean Paleo for months at a time), but I'm grateful something finally worked.

the boys Information meeting end of January. We also had to put together a photo book with information about us for the boys. I have no clue what they wanted to know, but we did our best. This is destined to be a long process....

Not much else going over here in NM. Just trying to recover from the craziness of work and manage my stress
    -- Ruth

Comment

• I love reading your success with food this week. I think you will be ready to ramp things up soon!

As for the acne, I think I read that the oil pulling helps with that as well along with so many other things. Right before getting in the shower (my showers are 10-15 minutes-@ the amount of swish time) you can oil pull. It worked great this morning. Now to remember!!!

My dad and Meg had to put a family book together as well before the adoption. At that time though, the mother was going through the books determining a best fit for her kids- kind of a twisted thing..but ok.

Have you been listening to those beat things (sorry Chris, I can't remember the name)? When my sleep is wonky, I listen to the beat things and soothing sounds. I have a great app on my kindle that I can also set a timer with that has it.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Binaural

And my two cents...you will need a car when you get the boys and it will need to be big enough to carry them plus friends. I miss my van
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Lots of good things in that post. Keep up the good work.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Very exciting about your adoption meeting. I'm happy for you.

Comment

• Holy cow. Tired and sore. Working on one of the kiddo rooms. That's mean a lot of undoing, moving, more moving (because I didn't like the way things looked), up the stairs, down the stairs. Yep, I'm very much out of shape. Will probably take most of tomorrow to put DH's office back together, but I'm feeling better because we have one room almost empty. Yay And, we're both liking the new look to DH's office.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Agreement is always lovely.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Sounds very productive!!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                  Karin

Comment

• Ok, you guys are too quiet! I'm so tired, I need you all to chat away and help me keep me awake......

We continue to work on the house, cleaning stuff out. Always a good feeling.

Why is it so hard to give books away, even if I literally haven't opened them in years and years and years?
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Because books are meant to be kept FOREVER!!!!

Comment

• Books are my downfall, but I also really enjoy a downsized life. Less "stuff" just makes me feel...more free? Not sure how to explain it. Wish I could convert everything I bought to a digital copy!
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• I slowly let my daughter take our books to a used bookseller and she trades them in for reference books for school. My downfall is shoes. I cannot let them go, and I cannot seem to stop buying them. With books now, I only buy reference books, everything else is from the library either in digital or paper form. Of course I can't go into a bookstore anymore. For Dudla's birthday we are going to Asheville so that she can go to the bookstore that has a champagne bar (she turns 21 this year), chances that we walk out empty handed are about zero!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• ahhh books. I get into a war with myself.. clutter (excess books) or digital. Digital wins every time. Still, I have more books and no place to put them.
                            Karin

Comment

• We have the same issue with books! Last year I put an end to the Barnes & Noble free for alls. Family fun with a coffee treat and books for all. Now we restrict ourselves to the library as much as possible. I love reading on my ipad. The lighting is always good, the angle is not finicky etc.

I want to put a two story book wall in our living room as we have a full bedroom just for books, plus book cases through out the house. Someday!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
                                ...I want to put a two story book wall in our living room ...
                                Oooh! Yes, yes, yes!

Comment

Working...
                                X