No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't you ask for less hours and ended up with more? Is part time even possible?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Home. Hooray.

No word from our social worker (not unexpected, but still, sigh).

Re: the job thing. Yes, I did think this project was going to be better. The problem wasn't the project, but the fact that my old boss wasn't able to get rid of my other projects, so I was doing two jobs at once. I'm now pretty much out of that project...and I have a new boss. So, it's possible that things could be better. The new boss has already relieved me of some new projects. There are good and bad things.

Good - old job:
      * Keep my years of service and continue to accrue for my pension
      * Higher salary ($10-$20k per year)
      * Work from home; paid mileage when I do go to Santa Fe
      * Paid cell phone and office phone
      * Familiarity with what I do

Cons - old job:
      * Can they really let me go part time?
      * Some days, I can't stand a lot of the people I work with
      * Administrative crap that comes with a large corporation
      * If I don't take the new job, it's gonna be hard to find anything else locally

Pros - possible new job
      * Part time
      * Easier
      * More limited scope
      * Less bureacratic "stuff"
      * Flexibility

Cons
      * Have to commute to SF one day a week
      * No reimbursement for cell phone, etc.
      * Not always sure I support their position
      * Potential funding issues (i.e., can they keep me on board)
      * Lower salary

More later. Very tired. Class tonight.
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Well, you have good lists and analysis. Glad to"see" ya. You have been missed.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• glad you are home safely!

Re: old job and part time...can you refuse new projects that will take you away from home too much, or even in general, so in other words can you pick and choose your projects? And is the higher salary at equal time, such that you would get 10k to 20K more even if you are doing it part time? Would your hubby make a good house husband if you end up being away as much as you have been?
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So sad. Apparently, some key people are out. No meeting on the boys until early/mid February
            -- Ruth

Comment

• grrrr, so very sorry, how frustrating.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Oh bugger!!!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                Karin

Comment

• Lots of lovely stuff in the journals to keep me smiling.

I'm only planning to work 3-4 hours today, think some on the job, and get caught up on my teaching job. And, maybe yet another nap (I've been sleeping so much, it's not even funny). Eating is getting better. Not where I want it (still too many sugar cravings), but so, so, so much better than it has been for the last two months. I'm finally starting to feel better. Today or tomorrow, plan to start walking with my dogs.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• that will make the dogs happy!! How is your weather? have you escaped the bitter cold the rest of us are dealing with?
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• It's in the 30s and maybe 40s. Not so cold in relative terms, but still cold
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Ok. Sewing questions (I still have no fabric or thread!!!

Are curtains something a novice could make? Nothing fancy - just plain ol' curtains.

What type of material is good for making cloth napkins?

Where's a good place to buy fabric? Walmart?
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• A novice can easily handle curtains.

100% cotton is good for napkins. NO poly/cotton or polyester!

A fabric store would be better. Wal-Mart quality would work for curtains, but the greige/thread count of their stuff would not be pleasant to wipe your mouth on. Joann's or the like would have better quality, but if you really want to treat your mouth to some softness, look for a quilting store for the napkin material. Be prepared, though, the prices reflect the quality!

Comment

• yeah for the resting!! So you put your notice in??

I can not help with sewing.. fabric is not my medium.
                            Karin

Comment

• Yup. Acting, Singing, Teaching. I got you covered. Crafting not so much.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I'm not so sure I can craft, either. But, I'm giving it a go [And, I know I can't act or sing. I'm not convinced I can teach, either]
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X