No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, cool. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• you might also bear in mind, they may come with next to no clothes. I have seen foster families not allow them to take the extra's with them.

Goodwill will have furniture. You need to decide is there is room sharing etc. and then you can go from there. There are some great futon-ish bunk beds. I would also let them have a hand in deciding a color or theme for the room. Some family games is good so that you can get to know each other while you play. Baksetball hoop would be a great place to start as well.

you can do this!! All adventures are scary, at first!
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• ^+ what she said, you will be great at this.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Can you ask for a list of their preferences?:
          food likes
          colors
          clothes size & things needed/wanted
          books to read
          games
          favorite teams/players- to decorate room
          favorite music
          movies, etc.

And, most parents ( the good, caring, loving, realistic ones) ask the questions-- What were we thinking? What have we gotten ourselves into? Can we do this?

Comment

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
            Can you ask for a list of their preferences?:
            food likes
            colors
            clothes size & things needed/wanted
            books to read
            games
            favorite teams/players- to decorate room
            favorite music
            movies, etc.

And, most parents ( the good, caring, loving, realistic ones) ask the questions-- What were we thinking? What have we gotten ourselves into? Can we do this?
            Great idea

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
            Karin

Comment

• I love this forum. Everyone is so dog gone helpful. Thanks.

Happy New Year internet friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Ruth!! Happy New Year my fellow chili loving sistah!! This year you are going to have such an amazing year and a HUGE learning curve!! So excited for you!
                Karin

Comment

• What a very exciting year you have ahead, so glad to get to be a part of it! Happy New Year!!!!
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Let shopping for their supplies be a bonding activity. These kids may not have gotten to choose to their preferences very often and this will give you all another bonding/ learning experience (boxers vs. briefs etc.) You can plan and prepare but never be ready. Just take it as it goes and try to avoid the " happy expectations" that always lead to disappointment. The process of putting it all together together ( the way families normally do) is where the magic happens. It takes a long time to learn to trust someone enough to be yourself after having been through so much in their young lives.

Comment

• DH is in a mood today. Sigh. He does not handle change -- even change he wants (like the boys) -- very well. Perhaps I should leave for Amarillo early!!
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Rms,
                        Something to add to your list if it hasn't been mentioned yet, lots of meat!!!!
                        Most teenage boys can eat a lot!!!!!
                        Maybe some GF wraps and gf bread so it's somewhat familiar.
                        Enjoy!!!
                        K

Comment

• So sorry about the mood, guess being out of town this week will actually be a good thing. How do the hubs and your mom handle these sorts of things when you are away?
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Happy New Year! Looks to be an exciting one.

Husbands! (That is the nicest thing that I can say.)
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Easy to be happy with mine today (so far) he is taking a flying test so will be away all day.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Strange turn of events. Went to give my notice abd they offer me part time. What?????? Not sure it would work, but something to think about. Sigh........... is nothing easy or straight forward in my life??????

Case going well. Will take all weekend, but we're going to get there! :-)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X