No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is a lovely day. I can feel the stress start to seep away (too bad reality hits again tomorrow). DH bought me a sewing machine. This doesn't sound very exciting, but not only did I want it, he was hesitant to get it because (ahem) I have (a wee, tiny, tiny) problem with starting crafty things and then picking them back up. Unfortunately, I have no thread or material to try it out Ah, well. Maybe tomorrow -- if I get up super duper early (or, is that when all of the crazy shoppers descend?).
    -- Ruth

Comment

• tear up something in your goodwill pile and resew it into something else. EGAD woman, how can you stand to have a new machine and nothing to do on it. At least search pinterest for some fun things to do on it!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
        tear up something in your goodwill pile and resew it into something else. EGAD woman, how can you stand to have a new machine and nothing to do on it. At least search pinterest for some fun things to do on it!
        This x 100

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• It is driving me crazy!. If i had thread, I'd sacrifice something. DH felt bad he didn't think of thread....
          -- Ruth

Comment

• Oh bummer!!!!!

Karin

Comment

• I can't imagine a house without a spool of thread in it!
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• What can I say?
                -- Ruth

Comment

• And it is exactly this sort of situation that is why I never throw things away (not that you threw away a spool of thread), but because you just never know when you are going to need something. I have a bag of spools of thread from my MIL's house. It is a huge tangled mess, I could not possibly disentangle a spool, but I keep it, because some day I may need one of those colors! Soon you too will have your own bag of tangles threads!

If you have never sewed before I would check out community ed for a beginners class, because there are some shortcuts that are easier learned in class than after you have to rip something out 3 or 4 times (not that I have ever done that)
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I never thought about that.

I did some sewing long ago with my grandma, but it was so long ago, I'm pretty much a beginner (who is inept at anything crafty). I want to make some curtains.

You ladies need to live closer. I need someone to go shopping with me and help me pick out fabric. Well, actually, shopping in general would be fun... I got a gift card to GoodWill. Hooray
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Did you get fabric??? Are you sewing up a storm?

Karin

Comment

• No and no. Having to work

Someday soon, this will be over....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• Oh bummer!! Any idea when you can put in your notice?

Karin

Comment

• Probably not until the first week of January.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• NEWS!!!!!!!!!! The boys' attorneys thought our file looked good. Now we do what is called "Best Interest Placement" where we learn what is going on with the boys currently. Of course, my social worker did not contact us...I was asking about updating our homestudy with my job change. Sigh. Wonder how long we've been sitting on all of this? Grrr. Anyway, she will call next week regarding the BIP and then things will (I think?) start to move. Can I sigh again at the process?? Keep us -- and the boys -- in your prayers.

Anyway, off to Amarillo on Wednesday through Monday. I will give my notice this week. Poor new boss -- rough way to start a first day... Even if the job falls through, I have decided I'm done. DH is nervous, but he's going along with it. I cannot wait. I'm very tired and burnt out. It's time to start the new chapter of my life.

Scale is NOT pretty, but I feel like I cannot do anything beyond "eat primal", if that, for another week or two until my life gets settled.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• so excited for you and the boys. Also, happy that you are letting go of a job that is so stressful, the money cannot be worth what it is doing to your body. When we decided to have kids we actually figured out it was basically a wash as far as whether I went to work and paid for day care/after school programs, etc. or stayed home.

The scale should be put away for a while, till your new job starts. Are you still going with the teaching gig as well? So essentially 2 part time jobs?
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X