Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh sweetie, it is really too much.

My DH and I went more than a few rounds regarding me working so I get it. But I feel like you need to stand your ground and do what you feel you need to for your health and your sanity. Of course for me that was just doing what made DH happy in this case.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Well, I can not offer any advice requiring a spouse however, sanity is worth something. If you are teaching for this job, can you just ease off the work a bit? I mean if the presidents are willing to do ANYTHING to help you stay, tell them exactly what it will take. After all, what do you have to lose?
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Yeah what she said.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• As my world turns...

SPEED sisters, you're so lucky I only have cell number for one of you. I would so be texting you!

Got a call from our social worker. Turns out, the 3 older boys ARE interested in knowing more about us. They do not want to move out if state (duh, even we knew that). Our worker did not want to get our hopes up (scratching my head). They live 2 miles from us. The boys, because of their age, have an attorney to represent them. I raced home from Amarillo to sign a release for their attorney to review our file. Then, their atty will talk to the boys. If they are interested, then we will review their file. So, more waiting. And praying (we can use your prayers....).

If I survive the rest if this year without gaining 50 lb, having a nervous breakdown, or otherwise losing my mind, I will consider myself well blessed.

Santa Fe in the am and then off to Austin. Forgive the one-sided (self-centered) conversation for the next 3 weeks. Finalizing my $80m case amidst our adoption stuff (oh, yeah, and teaching). Can't wait to resolve many issues in the new year, including work!
          -- Ruth

Comment

• You are always welcome to call or text Sounds like things might be coming together...praying for a speeding outcome.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
            Karin

Comment

• Ugh. Dog gone winter weather. Dallas is a mess. Rerouting through Phoenix. Hopefully I make it home. It was downright cold in Austin. Of course, not like -30 like where I'm from in Wyoming, so I should be happy :-)

No word on the kids, but I'm hopeful that they talk this weekend...assuming my social worker let their GAL know.

Hooray for Friday :-)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
              -- Ruth

Comment

• omg, hope you make it home safely! Weather here is getting worse, the boss actually told us to knock off no later than 3 and to keep an eye on the weather in case we have to leave earlier.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• brrrr.. have a safe trip and hope you make it home tonight. Have you had a chance to meet the kids?
                  Karin

Comment

• Phoenix flight looks to be on time, so it's all good.

You don't meet the kids until you say "I do". You take it on faith :-)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• just like with birthin em, you gotta take it on faith.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• like an arranged marriage.. LOL!
                        Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                          like an arranged marriage.. LOL!
                          That's how I've described most adoption set ups. It is also why I think some fail. Too much stress all at once. Most relationships grow slowly. If you truly find that you all don't fit, though, keep trying but allow the kids an out. Sometimes knowing you don't have to makes it easier to keep trying. Exciting times!

Comment

• Ok seriously, what the heck is up with you girl?
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• +1 Worry Wart
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Hey chicka..

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X