No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um, yeah. That sounds so very awesome.......................
    -- Ruth

Comment

• My parents are from the Pittsburgh area, and one of the local diners is apparently famous for putting this on a piece of homemade bread and serving it as an open face sandwich. I drop the bread though, but have been known to throw on stuffing if there is any leftover, but no matter how much I make there is never any leftover! But yes, for some reason that combo is particularly yummy! I actually usually cut the "fries" myself so that I can make them thick enough. Then I toss them in oil and roast them in the oven (frying is too messy for me) so that they are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, that definitely takes this dish over the top.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• One of my favorite post-Thanksgiving meals is a sandwich made with sourdough bread spread with cream cheese, and then layered with turkey, stuffing, and cranberries. Yum, yum, yum!

Comment

• I am making fried chicken for Thanksgiving. Just feeling it for turkey this year.
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I do turkey once a year. I dont care for it and DD doesnt eat it. But the boys look forward to it and most especially the leftovers! So I just get the smallest one Whole Foods sells.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
              I do turkey once a year. I dont care for it and DD doesnt eat it. But the boys look forward to it and most especially the leftovers! So I just get the smallest one Whole Foods sells.
              Dude, I am going to make turkey every week just to put it over french fries. That idea was culinary gold.

Comment

• I do not mind turkey. We do turkey breasts frequently in the crock pot. I just want my good fried chicken!!
                Karin

Comment

• I'm living on ground turkey breast in order to get my protein count up at breakfast. Not sure if I will be in the mood for turkey on the big day.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I don't love turkey that much, but once a year, I'm all into it. Plus, this notion of leftovers over the french fries...swooning....
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• So I am guessing that is how that place got so famous. My memory is the place is called Primanti Bros. in Pittsburgh, and they serve all sorts of sandwiches with french fries on them, but the turkey with cranberry sauce and gravy is the best.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• snip.. fixed it

Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                        turkey and cranberry sauce on sweet potato fries with gravy. So good.
                        Karin

Comment

• hahaha, I looked at that and thought, what? did I put sweet potato? I meant white potato. It would be good on either, but Pittsburgh tradition calls for thick cut french fries from white potatoes. Actually there are quite a few restaurants in that area that serve a variety of sandwiches with french fries inside of them!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• sweet potato would be more primal
                            Karin

Comment

• I consider white potatoes primal...but in sure I'm missing something integral to the science

Teaching demo in a few. I haven't really prepared...too busy with work. Wish me luck :-)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• wow, excited for you, know you will do well, surprised that your organizational self lis going in without a prep, of course you were ready to teach it at the interview, so all should be great! Break a leg (or don't they say that for Prof's)
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X