No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love hearing the 'how we met' stories. That is some glorious fabric. You need to wear that stuff all the time!

Comment

• thanks, great story and great photos! I am sure that part of what draws your hubby to you is the very fact that you are so different than what they expected. That and your personality, your smile, your warmth...well you get it.

My MIL never did get to liking me I think, but she tolerated me cause I had her only "real" grandchildren (DH's brother adopted his wife's daughter and that didn't "count"), even though she had major issues with the way I was raising them.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
        My MIL never did get to liking me I think, but she tolerated me cause I had her only "real" grandchildren (DH's brother adopted his wife's daughter and that didn't "count"), even though she had major issues with the way I was raising them.
        She sounds like a lovely woman. /s

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
          She sounds like a lovely woman. /s
          was thinking the same thing.. wow.
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• She has passed now, but I was never good enough, I always thought no one would be good enough for her boys, but she really liked my BIL's new wife, so it turns out it was just me She adored my kids though, and they right back so it was ok, she was never openly confrontational, just hints and snide remarks and since I am a big girl I just ignored her because it just wasn't important enough to work it out. They lived a 3 day drive away
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I will never be good enough for my MIL, and once my BIL and his (soon to be) wife have "real" kids (as opposed to our adopted kids), it will become more obvious. However, as they live on the other side of the world, I don't have to worry about it too often. I worry more about the slight to my kids, but will have to manage that when the time comes.

So, another twist in the crazy soap opera that is my life. I had applied awhile ago for an adjunct econ teaching job, thinking it would be nice extra money for when we had the kids (and I quit my job). It wouldn't pay a ton, but it would keep me in the job market and give just a little extra, without being too stressful or demanding. Anyway, I never heard from them. You had to take a personality test and a skills test (algebra, english). I figured I failed the personality test (I was honest) and didn't get through enough of the skills test (ahem, my algebra is a bit rusty). Lo and behold, got a call last night. Assuming that they can verify my credentials and I don't scare them away with my teaching demonstration (tomorrow), I suspect they want to hire me to start teaching 12/9. Sigh. Not sure what to do with this latest turn................
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Oh my, your whirlwind never stops. Good Luck.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• now see, I think of a teaching/research position exactly the kind of thing you would love. Why the heck would it start 12/9, wouldn't that be mid-semester? And how can they expect you to have anything regarding lecture plans ready for that. Maybe you can push off the start date to next semester? This would seem to me to be the kind of thing you would want to do with kids. sorry, hope I am not making the matter more confusing. You do seem to figure out ways to keep things hopping in your life

p.s. since I was the one with the "real" kids, I obviously didn't feel the slight. But I was the only one she specifically named in her will (not even her DH or her kids!) because she wanted my kids to get the silver. And I was the one who went through her things (mostly jewelry and china and crystal) and decided where they went, since she had not specified, and I made sure that there was good distribution, which is I am sure why I was the one who had to do it.
                  Last edited by demuralist; 11-19-2013, 10:16 AM.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                    I will never be good enough for my MIL, and once my BIL and his (soon to be) wife have "real" kids (as opposed to our adopted kids), it will become more obvious. However, as they live on the other side of the world, I don't have to worry about it too often. I worry more about the slight to my kids, but will have to manage that when the time comes.

So, another twist in the crazy soap opera that is my life. I had applied awhile ago for an adjunct econ teaching job, thinking it would be nice extra money for when we had the kids (and I quit my job). It wouldn't pay a ton, but it would keep me in the job market and give just a little extra, without being too stressful or demanding. Anyway, I never heard from them. You had to take a personality test and a skills test (algebra, english). I figured I failed the personality test (I was honest) and didn't get through enough of the skills test (ahem, my algebra is a bit rusty). Lo and behold, got a call last night. Assuming that they can verify my credentials and I don't scare them away with my teaching demonstration (tomorrow), I suspect they want to hire me to start teaching 12/9. Sigh. Not sure what to do with this latest turn................
                    Doors opening...

Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                    now see, I think of a teaching/research position exactly the kind of thing you would love. .
                    totally agree.
                    Karin

Comment

• What I really need is only a few doors to open at once...not everything in the universe...

Busy day at work, then off the Amarillo. Cold here, cold there. Supposed to be snow. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Will probably end up leaving late, which I hate, because I don't drive well in the dark.

Teaching interview today. I think (but didn't ask clearly, sigh) that there is also a demo today as well. I went ahead and prepared for it. I'll be giving a short lesson on basic economic theories, how stores use these theories to induce black friday madness, and how being aware of these theories can lead to "smarter" shopping. We shall see. I tend to like to apply economic theories so that students can see the relevance, so this fits in with my style. Of course, one can only do so much in 15 minutes and they didn't give me a lot of direction.......

As to starting, they are on a quarter system. It's decidedly odd to me, but the next quarter starts 12/9. And, yeah, they didn't leave a lot of time to interview, background/credential check, and prep. It's only one class, and I've basically taught it before (though it's been awhile, and no doubt they use a different book), so it wouldn't be too bad (though I put a ton of effort into my lesson prep).
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Good luck! Not that you need it. Sounds like you will smack the interview around and make it call you ma'am.

Comment

• ^what he said (he has such a great way with words!)

I for one would love to sit in on that lecture!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• awesome! Let us know how it goes. Sounds like a great lesson.
                            Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                              ...Sounds like you will smack the interview around and make it call you ma'am.
                              I am now picturing Ruth in the place of Lucy Liu in the geek-dominatrix scene in 'Charlie's Angels'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                                I am now picturing Ruth in the place of Lucy Liu in the geek-dominatrix scene in 'Charlie's Angels'.
                                I wasn't, but now you put it that way....*thoughtful pause*

Comment

Working...
                                X