No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To me, Nepali food is a lot like Indian food. Lots of curries, lots of spices, lots of flavors.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Ah, well, I can see where that would win out over soup. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
        Yes, I know I should ask google, but since you are far more interesting and delightful I'll ask you...what is generally eaten in Nepal?

and Karin, that looks like a great recipe. K would love it so consider it stolen
        I stole it myself Let me know how it turns out.
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Come over soon. I make pretty decent Nepali food, if I do say so myself
          -- Ruth

Comment

• I have never been much of a soup person. Now living in a climate where it gets cold I am starting to warm up to it :roll eyes: I like it if it goes with food, but not as a meal replacement. So a mug of smooth soup with a good grilled cheese, or a stew and salad meal. But even the chunkiest of stews doesn't substitute for dinner.

I rarely eat Indian food, because I just don't know anything about it, so don't know what to make or what to order if in a restaurant. OOO, an invitation
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Have you ever visited Nepal with you husband?

How did you guys meet?

Sorry, being nosey today.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• ok, well now that she asked
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Same here with Indian food.. never had it. Not sure what its flavors are like.

ooooo story time!! Although I think it starts in college if I remember correctly..
                  Karin

Comment

• Yep, I've been to Nepal, but just once. It was a blast. Because we didn't do a whole lot of tourist stuff, spent most of our time where the natives live, I got A LOT of stares. I swear, some of the kids had never seen a white girl. It was hysterical.

We met in college in Wyoming. Our pastor set us up. He wanted to marry me within the first year. I was convinced I wasn't getting married until I was in my 30s... I didn't eat Nepali food until about 5 years into our marriage. His family hated me for about the first 10-12 years of our marriage (and 3 years of dating). When we got engaged, his dad actually flew out from Nepal to talk us out of getting married. When I first met his mom, she told me I should bow down to DH. You can imagine how well that went over (especially when I started laughing...).

DSCF1013.jpg
                    Attached Files
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• LOVE those pictures!!!

So when did the inlaws warm up and sheesh.. how long have you been married and who let you marry at 12?
                      Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                        LOVE those pictures!!!
                        me too!

Comment

• Lovely pictures! Thank you for sharing.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• I think the in-laws finally decided I wasn't going anywhere? Actually, I say (only half jokingly) that it was when I took my MIL to get a mani/pedit that she finally decided I was okay. They don't understand me, because I am not a "typical" or "traditional" wife. Of course, I contend they don't understand DH, because he wants me, with all the craziness that I am. Although inexplicable, I am who he wants/what makes him happy. They should be happy about that.

We married at 22 (a week after I graduated from college). We dated 3 years, been married for 15.5 years.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Such a great story. I have to say again, I love those RICH and striking colors in the photos!
                              Karin

Comment

• Awww, now I feel all warm and fuzzy. Thanks.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X