No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gosh a neon sign would make things easier. Yeah for sleep!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I forget to tell you that last night I made DH the broccoli cheese soup recipe that is in the book that came with my Vita mix. It was fantastic! I put the container on my scale and measure the ingredients right into it. The only clean up was the container (which I put a little soap and water in and ran it on the blender base) and the mug he drank it in. Made a sandwich with leftover pulled pork, small plate to the dishwasher. Easy fast day meal that pretty much kept me out of the kitchen.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• oh wow.. I have GOT to get better sleep.. for a minute I read your DH made the broccoli soup for you. I was like huh?? I thought he just made beer Kinda cool about the easy cleanup in the kitchen though!
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• He made dinner for me, once. Pot roast with veggies and a salad. That was after we had been dating for a very short period of time. At the time the only thing I ever cooked was pasta (macaroni) with butter and parm from the green can. By the time we were dating for 3 months we ate out 14 meals a week and I drank coffee for breakfast, he ate out for breakfast as well! Did that until I graduated 2 years later. Then I started to learn to cook.
          Last edited by demuralist; 11-16-2013, 08:33 PM.
          Chris
          Unknown

Comment

• Sigh. DH does not like soup...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Rats.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Rats indeed! I posted an awesome soup on FB.
                Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                  Sigh. DH does not like soup...
                  Is it the texture he objects to or what? I ask because I do not like soup. That is, I do not like the crap 90% of the world tries to tell me is soup and can be found in cans in grocery stores. However, I love a well made soup (as long as it does not have the word 'tomato' in the title.) Yet, for the longest time I didn't make soup, order soup, or learn how to cook soup because "I don't like soup."

so long story short...would he eat a good soup or is he anti-soup all together?

btw...as a side not I dislike the word 'stoup' with an ungodly passion (no offense intended if anyone used it here and I missed it). A chunky soup is still soup. A liquidy stew is still stew (though crappy) do not try to be clever and combine the two. I get way too bent out of shape about these little things...oh well, stressing over stupid sh*t is primal right? >.>

Comment

• He does not like soup at all -- not my homemade soup and certainly not canned soup. It's funny to me, though, because he likes his food with a lot of sauce/liquid. Guess it's a matter of the way they eat in Nepal.
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Well, fair enough. Who am I to argue with the cuisine of Nepal?

Comment

• Zuppa Toscana (better than Olive Garden!)

1 lb. Italian sausages (use spicy to get that signature Olive Garden flavor)
                        4-6 russet potatoes, chopped
                        1 onion, chopped
                        1/4 c. REAL bacon pieces (optional)
                        2 Tbsp minced garlic (about 3-4 cloves)
                        32 oz. chicken broth
                        1 c. kale or Swiss chard, chopped
                        1 c. heavy whipping cream
                        2 Tbsp flour

1. Brown sausage links in a sauté pan.
                        2. Cut links in half lengthwise, then cut slices.
                        3. Place sausage, chicken broth, garlic, potatoes and onion in slow cooker. Add just enough water to cover the vegetables and meat.
                        4. Cook on high 3-4 hours (low 5-6 hours) until potatoes are soft.

30 minutes before serving:
                        5. Mix flour into cream removing lumps.
                        6. Add cream and kale to the crock pot, stir.
                        7. Cook on high 30 minutes or until broth thickens slightly.
                        8. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.

skip the flour..
                        Karin

Comment

• Personally, I am not a "soup" person. I like CHUNKY soup or more of a stew. Just soup?? pass.
                          Karin

Comment

• Poor guy, too. I make Nepali food, but not near as often as I probably should. I could eat steak 5 days a week
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• I should clarify, he does like my green chili stew. There is one exception

I like soup, but not the canned stuff. It has to be my own.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                                Poor guy, too. I make Nepali food, but not near as often as I probably should. I could eat steak 5 days a week
                                Yes, I know I should ask google, but since you are far more interesting and delightful I'll ask you...what is generally eaten in Nepal?

and Karin, that looks like a great recipe. K would love it so consider it stolen

Comment

Working...
                                X