No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my DDs, I totally know hunger. Some of it easy, passing hunger. If I wait long enough, though, my stomach (not my mind) truly tells me I'm hungry. I don't do near good enough listening to my body on UDs...though I'm like you, Chris, in that what I want to eat (usually) tells me if I'm truly hungry. It's all learning and all progress.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• yep, I am totally in this for the long haul, and while the very slow but steady progress on the scale is encouraging, it is the fact that I am actually learning to listen to my body that is most important. I am very hopeful that by the time I am at or near goal weight I will have learned to recognize true physical hunger and be able to respond to it appropriately as well as having learned to react to my triggers in a more appropriate manner than feeding them useless calories.

p.s. even on my down days, I do not really get the cues that I used to think were hunger. I don't get light headed, or grumpy, or nauseous, or weak in the knees, or even (most days) a grumble in the tummy. I kind of just start looking for food.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ok, so just as I say there are no signs, today at 11:05, the tummy grumbled. Guessing I just haven't been paying attention or taking a mental note because I now know it passes pretty quickly and so I just go on with my life.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yesterday was a good day. I rocked my DD at only 200 calories (assuming that the calories for my homemade bone broth were anywhere near accurate). Now, to reign in my UDs to a somewhat more moderate level

The home visit is today. I'm not worried about it...more excited to have some more direction about next steps.

If I could quit my job now, I would. I am burnt out. Majorly. I try to remind myself that $10-$12k that we're going to be saving over the next 2 months is important for all the costs we'll incur for the kidlets, so I try to keep going.

I am SO ready to eat, but trying to wait at least another hour.
          -- Ruth

Comment

• So glad the home study has finally arrived. Have a great day!
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• kids are expensive. Since mine have gone off to college my credit card bill is almost half of what it was this summer! And the food has stayed about the same, now that they are gone I buy better quality stuff.

yeah for good dd's and fingers crossed for a great ud.

So glad you have the home study today.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• yeah, nice DD girl! oh yeah, kids are expensive. I am pricing pressure shirts for my daughter. The cheapest I have found are @ $20 each (if I can get her to wear them) and thats the cheap part. LOL.. Hang in there with the job. You will be glad you did I am sure.
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• hope both your home study and your ud went well.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                    hope both your home study and your ud went well.
                    Update soon when I can get to the computer (it's in DH's office). It's a PITA to type on my iPad or phone.
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Okay, so, home visit. The worker was late (typical, so I was prepared). We are now licensed to be foster/respite/adoptive parents. That's the good news. The not as good news was that she doesn't think the boys want to be adopted; they have turned down several other families. She said the process was likely to be LONG and SLOW...until we get kidlets, then it will be fast and furious.

So, feeling a little unsettled and sad, but knowing that God has a different family in mind for us, and it will happen in perfect timing. Mom and DH took it a lot harder, because they got more attached than I did.

In either case, unless we end up with a foster placement, we will not have an extended family for the holidays. Next year, I'm sure, will be BIG

Now, not sure what to do about the job. I don't have enough money saved to go back to school, no kiddos yet, and I haven't found a job I'm even semi-interested in. DH says he'll support me either way, but he'd love it if I'd hang out through March, when bonuses come (I generally get a very nice bonus). Makes financial sense. We shall see. My interim boss called and told me that the VP job was open and he thought I should apply. I won't, but it was flattering none the less.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• what is your Myers-Briggs and isn't there a list of jobs that are suited to each of the personality types. It might spark an idea you had not thought of yet.

I wish they had not said anything about the boys in the first place, that always seemed dangerous to me, getting emotionally prepared to have it not happen. I know it is hard, but I am sure there is a reason, I am guessing a better/the perfect situation is waiting for you. I am sorry, I know that those words do not adequately express how sad I am and how painful it must be for your family. Did you set a preference for older children or did it just happen that way?

Aren't you ABD? I think that at the level of schooling/experience you are at, that very few degrees will increase your job opportunities. Maybe you could find a volunteer situation that would give you experience in the area you are hoping for. Hard to argue with DH's idea that banking some cash will be very helpful no matter what arises. Maybe you need to plan for a nice spring vacation as your last hurrah from work, and use up some of your vacation time as well as all those points you must be racking up.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Sorry Ruth. The right kids will come along.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I'm an ISTP (Harry Potter). Here are some of my career matches:
                            detective, electrician, engineer, athlete, video game designer, mathematician, computer technician, firefighter, career in extreme sports, stunt, astronaut, software developer, small entrepreneur, automotive technician, industrial engineer, biotechnology, mechanic, systems analyst, computer animator, sketch artist, data analyst, sports journalist, rescue team member, pilot
                            Some of these are funny, because I am so unatheletic and very ungraceful

Oddly enough, this is pretty much spot on:
                            What ISTPs want from a career
                            variety and freedom from routine
                            a flexible environment and boss, or no boss at all
                            working at a careful, steady pace
                            if under a boss, they need specific and realistic directions
                            some fun and spontaneity every once in a while
                            a chance to use their introverted thinking
                            work that is realistic, concrete, and practical, rather than theoretical and abstract probably why I never finished the PhD
                            not being rushed into making decisions or finishing something
                            work that focuses on current issues the here and now, rather than the future although I'm actually a very forward thinker
                            not too much people contact ironically, I'm very good with people, but do better on one on one scenarios
                            action and excitement are welcome
                            hands-on experience
                            a chance to utilize their strong memory to recall facts, details, and people

What ISTPs have to offer
                            excellent ability to apply logic and reason to their immense store of facts
                            usually very good at practical problem solving
                            like to try and learn new things
                            independent and determined
                            act as troubleshooters, rising to meet the needs of the occasion (immediate problems)
                            many ISTPs have a knack for physical skills (sports, operating machines and vehicles) ha, ha, ha
                            cool headed in crisis situations very much so
                            often have an excellent memory for facts and details
                            may have a natural bent in technical areas

One of my issues is that I'm rather over-qualified. As a hiring manager, I get why people don't hire over-qualified people. Honestly, I can not get interviews, even when I know I am more than qualified. Or, I have been flat out told that I'm just too experienced for the position. And, here, not a lot of high level jobs (if that makes sense). That, and I don't know what I want to do I am ABD. What can I say...to much education You are right, though. If I end up staying, I need some serious vacation soon.

On the kiddos. We sorta fell for the boys based on the info we had. Now, I don't think they intentionally fostered our hopes, but I do believe they should have indicated to us that they weren't really wanting to be adopted. However, I truly feel that it means there are another set of kids that are waiting for us. I also wonder if the timing will be even better. So, we'll keep waiting. We're looking for slightly older kiddos, though we aren't going to outrule anything.

I'm happy to have "named" my emotions and then dealt with them without food. I had a wonderful up day, a few too many veggie chips, but well within my calories. I did not finish my dinner, which is usually unheard of when I'm eating my emotions. Overall, very positive.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• So sorry about the boys. Your kids will come though!! As for the job, I have no advice. I wish I had pearls of wisdom though.
                              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• My experience with fostering, was that as soon as one is licensed, kids start arriving. Praying that it all goes well. Maybe the boys are happy with the foster family that they are with; that's hard to leave for an unknown.

Comment

Working...
                                X