Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
    Paula - my name is Ruth. I had always meant to make one of those signature blocks, but haven't gotten to it yet If I can post a picture of myself, I can surely share my name!

Today 160.5. So, since I've started, lost 11 pounds. I'm finally starting to feel better.

Busy day of meetings at work, but hopefully I can get my afternoon walk in...I did not get it yesterday.

I feel like my eating has been technically "clean", but not great - I do better with a lot more veggies. I think the stomach can handle them again, so will get to the store this weekend and begin introducing them back.

Hooray for Friday!
    11 pounds is awesome!! So glad you are feeling better and honey!!! We have all felt older than we are from time to time.. LOL Its the nature of women. Love the name Ruth

Hang in there- eating clean is paying big dividends!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
      That is funny, as I have always felt like I was in my mid 30's. When I was young I felt much older than my years, but now that I am in my 50's I feel much younger. Actually had someone the other day who said she thought we were the same age (she is in her early 40's) and my very first thought was "I am not as old as she is", but then remembered to thank her for thinking I was so young.
      People never think I am as old as I am.. I know thats a good thing but still throws me LOL
      Karin

Comment

• 160.5. I'm stuck. At least it's not up. It's not a bad weight. And, I need to remind myself how far I've come. This is not, nor will it ever be, a linear journey. I started at 240. I wore a size 22/24. I'm at 160.5. I wear a solid size 12 (sometimes a 14, very rarely a 10). I've lost 11 pounds in the past 6 weeks. That's all good progress. Deep breath. This too shall pass!

Walked with the dogs and husband yesterday. Yay. That means I walked almost every day this week. I didn't sprint or LHT, but that will happen this week!

Not sure what the plans are for the weekend. Husband still wants to organize/de-clutter. I do too...except that we are at the "hard" stuff. The stuff I don't know what to do with. Which is why we haven't done anything with it
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Ruth, Not sure you were part of our group when we had this discussion but my memory (which is notoriously bad) is that after about every 10 pounds of loss (or when you are near that number and the scale seems to stick) it may be time to refigure your numbers (calories and macros). Unfortunately it has been so long since I had to do this I can't remember the details of when you should do it. But it might be worth a shot?

p.s. 160 is basically my goal weight, so yeah, huge progress.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• walked the husband... bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

I agree with Chris.. did you adjust your calories and percents of fat, protein and carbs??? It makes a difference.
            Karin

Comment

• Karin you crack me up!
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Re: being stuck. Email conversation with Matt. Very helpful. Took an honest look at my journal. Rms123's Food Diary | MyFitnessPal.com Eating in calorie guideline (I have actually figured out my new calorie ranges from now until my ultimate goal weight. How's that for some positive mental attitude)? Check. Eating nutritiously? Err...not as good. My body needs a fair amount of protein & veggies, with enough fat. It was all out of whack this week. That, and I was still recovering from the stomach bug. This is going to be a week to get through it.

Walked the dogs (and the husband). Did dog sprints in the park. Want to do some EMs if I can get the husband to do them with me!

Planned meals for the week...now need to get to the store and get the fixings.

Maybe a nap here shortly...
                -- Ruth

Comment

• I think that the email conversations with Matt generally tend to be pretty darn helpful, often catches something I totally miss.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                    I think that the email conversations with Matt generally tend to be pretty darn helpful, often catches something I totally miss.
                    +1 although he has not gotten back to me
                    Karin

Comment

• 161 (+.5). Hardly surprising. Yesterday: sprints (sometime cause a little inflammation), too much sodium, and a lot of fiber that hasn't made its way through my system. Oh, well. Really. I had a good day. Ate well. Enjoyed time with my family. Accomplished some of my weekend goals. The number will move down when it's time.

One thing about myself. I'm very goal oriented. That's okay. It helps me accomplish things. The downside, however, is that I'm so busy focusing on the future, I don't stop to enjoy the present. That's something I'm working on this year. It's okay (and probably good) to plan for the future, but I need to stop and enjoy what I have now.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Very healthy attitude regarding the scale.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• I agree with Chris.. great scale attitude. I also like the resolution
                          Karin

Comment

• 160 today. Yay. Walked the dogs yesterday. Almost talked myself out of it because the husband didn't feel good and didn't want to go. I don't know why...I always enjoy it when I'm outside.

Have to run to the dentist. I hate the dentist. I'd rather have my annual exam! Will write more later and check in on everyone.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• I hate the dentist too, but my checkups since I went Primal have been good. Hope it went well.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• 159. It's probably my weekly low - I decided to add in a day of fasting again to see if that helps. Walked the dogs - it was late and cold, but did it. Yay. Walking is getting to be a habit again

Have any of you read this free e-book on fasting? Intermittent Fasting | John Berardi Intermittent Fasting Free E-book Dr. Berardi (not primal, but pretty darn close) did a great self experiment. I like the book for tons of reasons:
                                * He outlines the several different fasting methods you see out there. When I first started thinking about IF, it would have been nice to have the entire universe of thought in one concise place.
                                * He does a great self-experimentation. I like how he lays it out. Give it two weeks. If it's working, you don't need to change anything. If it's not working, change one small thing at a time. I tend to want to change many things at one time. Then, of course, I don't know what is working and what isn't.
                                * IF isn't for everyone and he really cautions that. There are also several really nice places where he, and one of the co-authors, note things to watch out for, etc.
                                * He notes that these are his results...you can't necessarily extrapolate them to others. It's important for me to remember that.
                                * He suggests that most people should try to fast at least 1 time. I found these reasons to be true (and he had a few others that really rang with me)
                                -- hunger isn't an emergency (yep - used to be for me)
                                -- physical vs psych hunger (um, yes, IF helped me learned to figure out true, real hunger...now if I could just know when I'm satisfied but not stuffed!)
                                -- eating as a privilege (this really hit me).
                                -- eating as a responsibility (I want to take more time to think about this. Certainly a different, but very true thought).
                                -- food marketing/manipulation.

As he's wrapping up his experiment (and I like how he develops a good set of take-aways), he says this about daily weighing:

"Some people use the scale as a judge of their past decisions, which is why they’re intimidated by it, and why it causes such crises of self-esteem. I don’t use my scale that way. In fact, I loved weighing in every day during these experiments because my scale doesn’t judge my past actions. Instead, it informs my future ones.

Every day my scale gives me important information about what to do next. That’s why I’ll keep weighing in every day. Body weight measures help me make key decisions about my food intake and training.

(Note: the scale works for me because body weight manipulation is an important goal of mine right now. Over time, body weight is a reflection of energy balance. However, if your goals are different from mine, you should choose different measures that better reflect what you want to accomplish.)"

This is what I strive for (but, honestly, don't always see) with my daily weights. I'm going to try and look at things more as an experiment. I'm somewhat scientifically inclined, so we shall see if that helps my mental attitude.

Anyway, about time to get to work. I'd much rather be on here all day...but, am working on my financial goals so can't quit my day job yet
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X