No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me, too. What I want to work on is stopping after each episode. As Chris says, if you get a speeding ticket, do you just keep on speeding, figuring what's another one? No, not usually. So, if it's a face fall into cookies, it can end at that point.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• I read a quote recently that basically said the sunrise is the promise of a new start. I like that. I think the point is that I need to learn from my mistakes. What have I done that worked (not much), and what has not worked (lots). So I try to remember that Thomas Edison said...I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work...yep me too!

my new motto is nurture is sustainable. So I think you, especially with your stressful life, should be thinking along those lines.

I also want to remind you that although I don't actually think that calories in/calories out is an exact equation, that there are MANY MANY more things that factor in, however... loosely I think it does come close. Having said that, conventional wisdom is such that 3,500 calories is about a pound. Are you telling me that you ate 14,000 extra calories in the past 2 days? I doubt it.

Chug a bunch of fluids, nourish yourself in any/all ways that you can today, and know that we are here for you.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I'm trying to imagine what I would have to eat to get 14,000 extra calories. Cheesecake is figuring largely. Quick search: Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake(and you know those pieces are HUGE): 707 calories.

Wow! I would need to eat 20 pieces!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
          I'm trying to imagine what I would have to eat to get 14,000 extra calories. Cheesecake is figuring largely. Quick search: Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake(and you know those pieces are HUGE): 707 calories.

Wow! I would need to eat 20 pieces!
          swoon... give me a week, I could do it!
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• my point exactly, no way you could do it in 2 days right?
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• found this post for you:

Ok, so my savory gelatin experiment turned out pretty well, IMO. It's what I was going for. I'm avoiding dairy, so this is a good way for me to use gelatin and satisfy some cheezy cravings.

Cheezy Gelatin

2 TBSP (refined) coconut oil
              14g Great Lakes gelatin (red container) (2 TBSP by volume)
              34g nutritional yeast (1/2 cup by volume)
              66g brewer's yeast (1/2 cup by volume)
              28g tapioca starch (1/4 cup by volume)
              1/2 cup light coconut milk
              1.5 cups water
              1.5 tsp salt
              Pinch of mustard powder, optional

Add everything to a saucepan on low-heat. Whisk until it starts to thicken; immediately transfer to bowl or mold of choice. Allow to cool for 20-30 minutes, then refrigerate for at least a few hours.

10 servings | 83 calories, 3.4g fat, 5g carbs, 6.3g protein per serving

It's chewy and cheesy and it melts like Velveeta, lol. I'll have to experiment with making it a bit firmer. I like it because I like nutritional yeast. I'll probably use it on potatoes, in soups/broths, etc., but it's tasty on its own too. I don't know if it can be done without the starch, sorry!
              Karin

Comment

• My cousins husband passed away. Prayers for her family, please. On my way to Austin.
                -- Ruth

Comment

• oh so sorry to hear. Prayers for family and safe travel.
                  Karin

Comment

• I'm so sorry, Ruth. Praying for you all.

Comment

• oh so very sorry.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Very sorry for your loss.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Home. It was a long week - Austin, to Amarillo, to Santa Fe, to home.
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• will you have time to recharge at home now, or is it right back out again?
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• I'm home until Thursday afternoon - yay! Lots to do, though. I want to try and make some freezer meals for DH, laundry, sleep, get caught up at work, etc. Rest being about the most important on that list!

In 7 days, while on vacation, I gained over 10 pounds. I think it's going to take 5-7 to drop that weight. Mathematically, doesn't make sense, but it is what it is. My focus this week is on eating good, nourishing, food.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Oh, so glad you have some time home.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X