No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All advice is good, and I certainly appreciate it. I had come to a similar conclusion. However, I must get these 6 pounds off. First, I haven't weight over 170 (give or take a pound or two) in over 3 years. I will not "settle" here and let things creep up. It's exactly how I got to 240...by not taking care of things. So, I hate not losing any new weight (and even at 170, I'm 10 pounds heavier than when I started the year), but I can't go above my "set" point. Additionally, I feel horrible here. It's a major mental thing. And, while I don't care about buying new "around the house" stuff, because I can pick up stuff at the thrift store, it's a major problem for my professional attire, especially suits. I can find nice pieces at the thrift store, but haven't found quality suits in my size. But, as much as I believe in ADF, it's too stressful for my body, so I'm doing what I can. I've gotten some of the vacation bloat off. I'll know tomorrow. I think I'm halfway there. Once the vacation weight is off, I'll work on getting back to maintenance and health. It's a bummer to not be losing weight, but nothing wrong with working a maintenance break...need to practice that part of life as well.

As far as the job, yes, I need a new one... I'm waiting, but for a couple of reasons. First, I'm still working on what I want to do. I think (but still researching and praying) that I want to be a hospital chaplain. The job is very hard to get, requires a masters (one of those "60 hour" masters), and a "certification" (not the right word, but I'm tired) by your church. The masters programs are all expensive (like $50k) and even on one income (and 3 kiddos), we would not qualify for financial aid (and, I won't take out loans when we have worked so hard to get out of debt and the job prospects are hard). So, before I can quit, I need our savings to be high enough, be able to add a bathroom (this is for mom when the kiddos come), and to pay for school. We have our savings where I want it and are working toward the bathroom. I figure, if no major catastrophe happens, we have about another year to year and a half for me to get where we need to be.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• you could write a travel book!! LOL
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• there ya go! turn your journal into a book!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• My book would be boring -- I go to the same places (Amarillo, Austin, Denver) and don't do anything besides work. Nice thought, though. I wish I was an entertaining writer, however. I think that my dramas could be amusing

Nothing much planned for today. Rest, grocery shopping, laundry, knitting (can't wait to post my last project -- it's WAY cute), church, maybe a few chores. Will try to cook for DH -- he misses my cooking when I'm gone and he's out of freezer meals.
          -- Ruth

Comment

• knitting is such a fun hobby, easy to transport (though I have not personally tried it, I have had many fellow knitters say that they carry their projects complete with needles-though not the scissors- onto the plane), stress release if you don't choose things that are too hard.

I am currently reading a book about a guy who is a writer, and his biography was picked up as a movie project, but it turns out the actual book is too boring for a movie, so they rewrite. But in the process he decides to live his life as a story. Very good. He is Donald Miller, the book is "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years"
            Last edited by demuralist; 09-21-2013, 08:34 AM.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• My step-cousin's husband (42) has pancreatic cancer and they've just called hospice. They have a 3 year old little girl. My heart aches for them. This is terrible, but I have always envied her. She's beautiful, kind, loving, has a deep faith, and married the man of her dreams. Sometimes, my concerns seem so small and petty, when considering what others are facing.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• this breaks my heart.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• So sad. I just found out that a friend's 4 yr old son has leukemia. It made me feel so petty and whiney.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I'm trying to stay out of the kitchen. I'm not hungry, but I'm so sad and upset and who knows what else thinking about my cousin.

I want to keep this somewhere, because I like it and want to practice it more:

“Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.”
                    ― Mahatma Gandhi
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• that is very nice.

truthfully, you probably just need to go somewhere in your house nice and private, and cry it out. That is what I would do anyway.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• I think maybe a title for the book could be: The wandering adventures of A Paleo woman. I would read it!!! You would have helpful tips too, travel and food.

I just posted some FRICKIN CUTE socks on fb I would love someone to knit. They are sharks.lol

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                        Karin

Comment

• I am so sorry to hear about your family and Paulas as well. You are right P, it makes my gripes about parenting sound petty.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                          Karin

Comment

• Just pinned the baby cocoon and hat I knitted for my boss. think it's pretty good for a novice :-)
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Well, yesterday turned into a major emotional eating day. I recognized what I was doing (a good start...) but kept on going. So, yesterday I was up 2 lb from my low of the week and today another 2. Sigh. Oh, well. It's over and today is a new day. I'm planning for it to be a GREAT one
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Emotional eating is totally understandable in these circumstances. Great that you recognize it as that.

I love that we can try again with every new day. I often hear my inner Scarlett "After all, tomorrow is another day." Sometimes I want to smack her, but other times the thought is comforting.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X