• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whoohooo!!! They will love them
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I did not get to finish today we had to switch witness order, so I'm up tomorrow, sigh. My attorneys say I'm doing well, so I have to believe that:-)

Eating, well, let's not discuss. Unfortunately, the vacation right gain is not going to be so easy to lose at this rate. Sigh. What y'all have lost, I have found. Oh, well. Tomorrow is a new day and another chance to start yet again...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
      -- Ruth

Comment

• I will tell, yet again, my smoking story...smoked since I was in 8th grade, upon high school graduation or there a bouts, I tried to quit...every single day. I tried everything I could think of, until finally at 30 it worked. Dieting, same thing only harder, because ya gotta eat eventually. Restart every single day, some days it works and others not so much. Just keep trying.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I can not imagine the stress. Hopefully its almost over though.
          Karin

Comment

• Whew, guys, it was a day. I was on the stand being grilled (er, cross-examined?) for 5 hours. It was hard. My attorneys said I did great, but I feel insecure. $30 some-odd million is a lot of money to our company, and that's what rides in my testimony. I had more cross than anyone else, including my boss. I joked that I wasn't popular in high school, but I was very popular today. I may get recalled, perhaps Friday after I get back.

I then "lost" my cell phone and had meetings until 6, after dealing with emails and such since 6 am. It took over an hour to get home. [DH "found" my cell phone in my bag. Sigh. I had a lot of drama about my lost phone...]

Tomorrow...meetings, meetings, meetings, off to Austin.

This is also the 2 year anniversary week of losing both my grandparents (my grandpa first, then my grandma the night of my grandpa's funeral). I miss them so much everyday. I'll post some pictures soon on FB.
            -- Ruth

Comment

• my heart aches for your loss.

done the "lost" cell phone drama myself. It was also "found" the same day (one of the kids had the idea to call it, duh)
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• so sorry. It is heartbreaking to lose loved ones and care givers.
                Karin

Comment

• Hugs.

Next...unasked for advice, but I'm going to give it anyway. Ignore if you want, of course, but here it is.

Every time I come to your journal, I find myself thinking there is no way for Ruth to lose weight while she has all this stress in her life. And, I know you are excited about having kids join your family, but that will be another stress. Hopefully, HAPPY stress, but life stress all the same. I would suggest no weight loss attempts/or weighing, just trying to eat whatever is healthy for you, Tastes good, and as much as you want, when you want it. So what if you need new clothes? I think you should try to make food a comfort to you at this point in your life, and not another thing to worry about.

End schpiel.

Comment

• yep, sorry, but what she said. Serious focus on what makes you feel healthy and nourished, food wise. You are still young enough that you may be able to put off illness from all this stress, but lordy it cannot be good for the system.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Sending Hugs too. I would not survive your job. Yikes. 5 hours on the stand?

+1 to Sabine's post.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                        Yikes. 5 hours on the stand?
                        I am now imagining Ruth doing a Jack Nicholson: "You can't handle the truth!" You know, but cuter.

Comment

• yep, and in an awesome pair of pumps, strutting up to the stand!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• duck on a runway in Dallas. rain prohibits our takeoff. Sigh. business travel sinks
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Hey! Just while you were stuck at the airport, I was feeling the same rain!

Comment

• omg you need a new job girly
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X