No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so blasted tired today and have to prepare for that hearing all weekend. Sigh.

Good news. Got someone for my position that I've been trying to hire for months. I hope he turns out to be good...

The scale was as BAD as I feared. But, like I said yesterday, I'm trying to work on it. I can only do so much with all of this travel and these big events (hearings). I'm trying to manage my stress better (i.e., not ignore it). Seems to be working somewhat.

Talking about sleep (carry over from Chris's journal). I was reading about an adrenal tonic for people who consistently wake up at 3 am and can't go back to sleep. I started drinking it (although I was hesitant because it has juice, and I don't generally drink juice, as it's pure sugar) and have been going right back to sleep after I go to the bathroom at 3 am. I don't know if it's the combo of vacation/being exhausted, but I'm going to keep drinking it until it doesn't seem like it doesn't work Now if I could just get into a deep sleep. I feel like my brain gets ahold of something (can even be something silly - like a knitting patter I"m considering) and circles around the subject all night long, round and round and round and round.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• I feel like this is sometimes my story.

"You feel alone. You feel hungry. You feel like your problems aren’t real, so you don’t fix them. Then, you feel full. Like, so fucking full. Then you hate yourself. Then you hate yourself for hating yourself. Then you eat. Then you feel sick. Like, so fucking sick. Then you start planning your next healthy meal to make up for the sickness. Then you think, well I already fucked up today, how about one last huge meal? Actually, it’s Friday. One more huge weekend! Like, so fucking huge. Then Monday happens. Ready to get back on track, but now you have a headache from sugar withdrawal. It’s like Trainspotting, but with carbs. You feel dumb again. Like, so fucking dumb."
      -- Ruth

Comment

• when my brain won't let go, I make it do something hard but senseless...usually say a prayer backwards. I force myself to keep to the task and it eliminates the ability to think about anything else and I fall asleep from boredom.

What is the tonic?

Oh, I so get that..and thank goodness, but doing versions of 5:2 seems to be keeping me off of that gerbil wheel. I think the trick is to find that combination of foods and calories that allow you to stick to your plan easily.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Finished another ruffle scarf. Pretty soon, I'm going to need to give them away. Who needs a ruffle scarf?
          -- Ruth

Comment

• and you have reached the dilemma of knitting, what to do with all of the projects! I don't make clothes generally because they are too hard to fit and they tend to stretch horribly when you wear them, so lots of scarves, baby blankets, and felted purses and teddy bears. We have a huge collection of scarves, only so many of our friends are having babies at our age, and my new washing machine doesn't like to felt (I have a front loader and it is not violent enough to get a good felt going).
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• pic of the scarf?? They sound fun and pretty!

I agree with previous sentiments.. been there. I just ride it out since I have not found how best to deal with it.
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                But for me weighing daily is less stressful than not weighing it makes the numbers meaningless.
                ^This^
                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I am not a knitter but I do crochet. I have been making hats and scarves for the homeless shelters. It allows me to crochet, uses down my yarn stash and does something good for someone else.
                  Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• what about donating them to womens shelters?
                    Karin

Comment

• Karin, she posted pics on pinterest, very cute!

I do the same thing, donate to various charities, usually through church. We do a Room in the Inn, which is for men, and I leave a dozen or so there a year for them to take if they need them. We are also affiliated with a place called Magdalene House, for women who are pulling themselves up from the trenches. They gather, and now grow, Thistle (a weed here) and use it to make various things...skin care-lotions and soaps, stationary, crafts, etc. Anyway I leave scarves and hats and felted purses for them. I have also done baby hats for premies. And tried to do helmet inserts for soldiers, but there are very precise materials/colors/and dimensions and I am not a good enough knitter to hit the dimensions right so I had to give up on that (but got a very dear friend of mine started on it, she said her family didn't want any more sweaters and she needed projects).
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• I was thinking the same thing - donate, donate, donate. ( although everyone might get a rifle scarf in the mail from me :-) :-))

hearing today and then hopefully I can spend more time with you guys :-) Austin mid week.
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• you send me a scarf I will send you one right back!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• I love scarves!
                            Karin

Comment

• ok, Chris, that's a deal :-)

Karin, one for you, Lily, and mom :-)
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• I am into making cowls now instead of scarves, I like wearing them much better, very trendy too.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X