Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would love that
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• My DD yesterday was a mental struggle. I was tired and cranky and well, cranky. I wanted to eat. I'm glad it was a DD and I was forced to remind myself that food is not the answer to my problems. SO glad it is Friday. And an UD. Did I mention that it's an UD? Woo hoo.

Now if I can just not kill any of the idiots I work with, life will be good...
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Yea for Friday and yeah for an ud. Hang in there. Hope today goes fast.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• ud for me as well!

Quiet at work for me, 3 people are out of town, so only 3 of us here today-well and DS.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ADF Week 3

This week was HARD. The scale jumped up 5 pounds, nearly giving me a heart attack. I expected a bounce, and was going to be okay with it, but 5 pounds was a LOT (for me). And, it wasn't going back down, either. My DDs were good, my UDs were within the limits. And, still, this crazy scale action. In addition, I was feeling tired, didn't want to work (burnout), and my acne is worse than it's been in months (after virtually clearing up for 3 glorious weeks).

My MDA friends were rather supportive and I kept on. Things are looking better, though I'm not back down to my lowest low. In fact, I'm bouncing around my recent setpoint, where I've basically been since mid-May. However, I committed to one full month, NO tweaks, and I will finish out the upcoming week with NO tweaks. I'm fairly certain that I need at least another month of this to see if there are patterns, but I will re-evaluate after this coming week.

I have both good DDs and really, really, really hard DDs. Although I tend to do fairly well on them, I hate them. Really hate them. They are more tolerable when DH does them with me...it becomes more like a game, a fun competition to show that we CAN do this.

UDs are lovely. I like primal food. But, by golly, I want to eat the occasional parsnip or potato without gaining 5 pounds (which then takes an act of Congress to drop). At Christmas, I really want some mincemeat pie...which I haven't made for years, because I keep waiting until I "get there". If this works, no matter how slowly, but just works, then I will tolerate DDs for the joys of UDs.

On UDs, I still have a few mental issues. I'm STARVING in the AM and eat about 600 calories. I feel almost a little frantic until I get enough fat in me (fat cravings...and don't stop eating until I have enough fat...I'm trying now to just start with the fat). It's crazy. Then a normal lunch. Dinner - maybe (although I try to get my calories in, or my DDs are VERY hard). I feel a bit sad at the end of an UD and worry a little bit if I ate enough/had enough nutrition to get me through A DD. The "worry" is easing.

On DDs, I've learned that hunger comes in waves. It passes. Sometimes in the evening, I can really feel it, but I'm strong them, knowing that morning is not that far away. I have also learned that I don't drink enough, generally. I drink a TON on DDs.
            -- Ruth

Comment

• DH 5:2 Week 2

DH completed his second 5:2, dropping another 2 pounds. He wants to drop about 4-5 more. His loss rate is great, especially considering he's not that far from his optimal rate. He is looking good. He is not snoring as much (which helps my sleep as well). His stomach/digestion seems to be good. He doesn't love DDs, but seems to do okay with 3, 200 calorie meals (and some carbonated water...which also helps me). He says he has fun when we do DDs together. Crazy man. I don't know what to say about him
              -- Ruth

Comment

• you may need to stay off the scale for the second month, the stress it causes is just adding to your already huge stress load.

I don't really have the worry/dread for dd's, but I do feel a little happy in the morning when I realize it is an ud! I drink a ton on work days, not so good on my days off.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• cross post...your DH makes me smile.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I can't wait to introduce DH to my internet friends. He thinks I'm goofy
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• He is very nice
                      Karin

Comment

• I am truthfully going to have to make something up when y'all come. I am pretty sure DH would be appalled that I have friends I met on the internet. I basically say that y'all are diet buddies form my Weight Watcher days. Which is close but stretching it slightly, because I was doing WW, just before I started on the LC that brought me to this site. I tell him I have known you for years, true, and that we are now separated by very long distances, also true. And although he is a curious person, he doesn't delve too deeply into this.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• LOL, Chris Well, I for one also did WW (I'm a lifetime member, not that it's done me much good). So, there you go. [And, at this point, we have known each other for years!). [DH is at times nervous as well. He felt better after he met Karin in person, but he was a bit wigged out when we first met...]
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• He freaked one day cause he thought I was in a chat room. No idea what those really are or how I would even find one if I wanted to go to one. I just told him it was my diet support group.

p.s. seriously, who hasn't done WW?
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Hey, I made a batch of the green tea moisturizer for my DD this morning. I used about 2/3C of the coconut oil, 1/4tsp @ pure Vitamin E oil and Rose Hip Oil (which is Vitamin A), and 1T of the matcha green tea powder. I totally made up the proportions. I whipped the oils together first then slowly whipped in the tea powder. Then I put it in a sterilized mason jar and put it in the fridge to firm back up. I just tested it and it feels really nice. To use it you just rub your 2 index fingers over it for a second, it takes minuscule amounts, I mean really minuscule, just a slick on your finger tips. I imagine you could add even more of the green tea, but it started to smell a bit earthy and I was afraid DD wouldn't use it then. Of course now that it hardened back up it has an extremely faint coconut smell, so I could easily have at least doubled the green tea at least.

It is hard to describe how it feels on the skin. Incredibly smooth and silky, not oily at all.

The coconut oil is supposed to have anti-bacterial properties, the E is an anti-oxidant, and the A helps healing. The green tea has been shown to combat acne. If it were for me, and I was having trouble with acne. I would put as much of the matcha powder as I thought the coconut oil would hold. I feel sure it would go at least to 4T if not as high as equal amounts of tea to coconut oil. I like the idea of using something that is pure enough to eat (would taste horrible, but pure).

p.s. I did it in a stand mixer with the whip attachment on a pretty high speed for less than a minute or so, till there were no blobs of coconut oil before I added the powder then till it was pretty smooth, another 2 minutes or so.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                                I am truthfully going to have to make something up when y'all come. I am pretty sure DH would be appalled that I have friends I met on the internet. I basically say that y'all are diet buddies form my Weight Watcher days. Which is close but stretching it slightly, because I was doing WW, just before I started on the LC that brought me to this site. I tell him I have known you for years, true, and that we are now separated by very long distances, also true. And although he is a curious person, he doesn't delve too deeply into this.
                                I can so be this. LOL!!

Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                                LOL, Chris Well, I for one also did WW (I'm a lifetime member, not that it's done me much good). So, there you go. [And, at this point, we have known each other for years!). [DH is at times nervous as well. He felt better after he met Karin in person, but he was a bit wigged out when we first met...]
                                LOL I remember you telling me this.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X