No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I once stayed up until 12:01 for some ice cream, but then decided I would just go to bed and have it the next day if I still wanted it. I was pretty proud of myself!

Comment

• Not much gets in the way of me and sleep. Not even food, which I love
      -- Ruth

Comment

• I may re-watch that as it was very motivating when I first saw it. Although I am doing well now, so maybe I should save it for when I start to slip!

For my DH to lose he just has to give up extra ice cream, in other words keep it to once a week. He was a chubby kid though, and even our first year together he gained like 30 pounds because he hurt his knee and stopped running as well as us eating out every single night. We shared meals in the first 6 months or so, but he refused to try anything new, so then we started each having our own entree. Funny thing is that I "only" gained 10 pounds in our first year together. Then another 10 the second year, then I got pregnant....

Once I am in bed, then I would not get up to do anything except escape fire or burglar, but I can flat out stay up all night! I rarely eat after 8 though.
        Last edited by demuralist; 07-27-2013, 02:12 PM. Reason: oops we cross posted
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• It is so easy for DH to drop a few pounds. He could stop eating rice, give up a beer or two, etc. One or two "low" days will essentially allow him to have what he enjoys the rest of the time. Sigh. Sometimes life just isn't fair.........
          -- Ruth

Comment

• To be fair, my DH is the "exception that proves the rule" (a saying he uses all the time and makes no sense to me!). He spends virtually all of his time sitting, except that he goes to the gym at least 5 days a week and usually 6. He does at least an hour of cardio and alternates his weights such that he lifts for an hour every day as well, and then does a "massive" workout on Saturday morning. So his NEAT is not nearly as good as mine, but his conventional wisdom workouts are exactly what he is "supposed" to do. He has done that for as long as I have known him. The only person I know, or even have ever heard of, who has kept up an exercise regimen without quitting!
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
              I once stayed up until 12:01 for some ice cream, but then decided I would just go to bed and have it the next day if I still wanted it. I was pretty proud of myself!
              lol.. love this I also love the rule I can have it at 12:01 if I REALLY want it. Ummm.. its usually a no I would think

Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
              It is so easy for DH to drop a few pounds. He could stop eating rice, give up a beer or two, etc. One or two "low" days will essentially allow him to have what he enjoys the rest of the time. Sigh. Sometimes life just isn't fair.........
              I would think some of this is his heritage correct?
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Well, a lot of them are rather overweight (well, they are short and small boned, so even 10 pounds makes a huge difference). He was blessed with an amazing metabolism. And, he doesn't have emotional eating issues. He's full, he stops. He's hungry, he eats. End of story.
                -- Ruth

Comment

• My DH as well, except for PB ice cream, and well PB in general! He says he has an extra stomach that is just for those 2 things so no matter how full he is he always has room for those.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                    Well, a lot of them are rather overweight (well, they are short and small boned, so even 10 pounds makes a huge difference). He was blessed with an amazing metabolism. And, he doesn't have emotional eating issues. He's full, he stops. He's hungry, he eats. End of story.
                    see, shows I know NOTHING.. LOL Still, I did not notice 10 extra pounds in MArch.
                    Karin

Comment

• Trolling for recipes, saw this. There you go. Food has, for a long time, been my method of self-soothing. I need something else (but not spending money, drinking, or smoking!).

"...neurologically, eating stimulates the same pleasure points in your brain as sex and money. I eat when I’m stressed or happy, hungry or bored, alone or at a party, depressed or neutral. Food is a constant companion, and ceasing to eat has meant that I have had to face the general duress of life without my choice method of self-soothing."
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• I would choose sex, unfortunately my partner is not cooperative.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• So would my DH. Sigh. Sometimes the darndest things are not on the same schedule.
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• ADF Week 1

Before I started with ADF rotations (again), I did a few days of LCHF (but not tracking) and then primal days. I went from 176.8 to 170 to 172.6 (added some primal carbs back in).

My ADF starting weight was 172.6. Yesterday, after a DD I was at 169 and today (after a lovely UD) I was at 168.4.

A lot of this may be water, but I don't care, because my pants are finally starting to fit again!!!! And, I'm having some carbs (a peach, a tab bit of rice with my curry, etc.).

I'm not doing any mental calculation like "if I lose a pound a week between now and Christmas I'll weigh ____ lb". Therein lies madness. My body is not linear and will never be. I do not lose weight fast (what I have lost up to this point is likely water -- these 8 pounds came on very quickly...the next 10-12 will likely be harder). I have to contend with business travel, wacky sleep patterns, and a fair amount of stress. We're hoping to add 3 teenage boys, who come from the foster care system, to our lives. I will just do the best I can and the weight will hopefully trend downward. However, I'd love to see the lower 160s soon, because I have 2 weeks of hearings coming up and my suits do not fit...and those are too expensive to replace at this point (I can rarely find my size in a nice looking/fitting at the thrift store for those!)

I cannot say that I love DDs. I do not. Maybe some day. For now, I tolerate them. But, for some reason, I'm in the right place to say "I can have it tomorrow". As long as I have solid UDs (I really do have to watch the carbs), the DDs are manageable.

I'm still really wanting to walk a half marathon in October (an absolutely beautiful time of year here...usually). Started walking again this weekend. Mom and I did 4 miles today. I would have liked to have done more, but mom is not yet up to that.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Glad to see you on track and making progress. Excellent news about the pants.. that can be so frustrating!

I also do not enjoy DD's. However, I enjoy what Sabine shares. I can tolerate them better now. Listen to me, I hardly have any under my belt..LOL

I am doing the couch potato to 5K. Well, have not started yet because of the move but thats the goal. Our town has a fall festival and a run. I want to run the mile. Eventually, it would be nice to do do a half marathon (walking or running).
                              Karin

Comment

• Hehehe.

garfield.jpg
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X