No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The class today was REALLY good. The lady has fostered over 100 kids, adopted 3 (all of whom had attachment/other issues), and is a counselor who works with adoption families.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Awesome. It sounds like you are enjoying the classes.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• So very glad you have found this woman, she will become a fantastic resource!!!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I did my first DD yesterday. I survived, lol. It took me a week to get my diet in shape enough to survive.

I'm going to give ADF a month. I pray it work. Here's my plan:

1. Sleep! Actually, I always make sleep a priority...I just can't always stay sleep (NO problem going to sleep). I wake up at 4 am, regardless of what time I went to bed and usually can't fall back asleep.
          2. Eat real food. Focus on animal products, eat enough greens/other veggies for vitamin supplementation. When time permits, make more bone broth and start eating some liver (pate). My not-so-primal foods: miracle noodles; stevia. I'm not particularly worried about carbs UNLESS they start to override my health (I get to the point where my sugar cravings are unbearable and all I want is carbs. That's when I know I'm in trouble.)
          3. ADF. Do the best I can. My numbers are 1842/368, but if I need 1600/500, that's okay.

Things to work on: stress and traveling. Externally, I handle stress really well. Internally, I start to fall apart Gotta learn to manage this.
          -- Ruth

Comment

• DD's for me are getting fairly easy as long as I decide which days are DD's and plan the food ahead of time. And MD's are very easy. I actually have a harder time with UD's. It is that mentality that I can have whatever I want when it should be whatever I need. I do 3 in a row and they get progressively worse. Something to work on.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I think that's why I didn't do well with 5:2. Well, 5:2 was either super high, 2 low or 5 sorta low (1,000) and 2 struggles (700). 4:3 might be workable, and if ADF works, but doesn't work with my life, I might try that (3 DDs; 2 UDs; 1 MD). We'll see. NO tweaking on my end for awhile!!! (I know, you're all laughing).
              -- Ruth

Comment

• I definitely need to decide ahead of time what type of day today will be. ie. if it is a DD I need to stick to it and not decide I can do a MD and do a DD tomorrow. I have to take a little of the flexibility that I have been allowing myself out of the equation. It is still flexible in that I can decide ahead, (trouble I had with ADF) but not so flexible that I can decide on the fly.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• I thinking planning ahead is key, especially when taking into account schedules that are wack-a-doodle. I am thinking on this for when school starts back up.
                  Karin

Comment

• p.s. we all may be the queens of tweaking!
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• ^^agreed
                      Karin

Comment

• Planning, especially on DDs, really helps me. Tonight, I will plan what I will have tomorrow. I also needs quick options and on-the-go options to be successful
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• Today was an UD for you?

Hmmm DD easy peasy..

1. bacon and eggs is my go-to
                          2. Salad with some protein like Chris does

Do you ever pre-cook and have already made hamburgers, hamburger crumbles or chicken in the fridge? If so, Throw some veggies with it, heat and eat and BOOM.. done!

edit: on the go? Salmon and tuna packs? They need not be refrigerated..oh my fav is sunbutter on a banana for a snack or meal. Pretty easy for on the go too
                          Karin

Comment

• Traveling the rest of the week. Have today's DD planned. Should be good to go -- I get in too late to have to worry about dinner with anyone. Tomorrow, I scheduled dinners on my UD Friday will be the hardest -- I will undoubtedly be hungry when I get home...
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• ok.. here is something. Its not exactly Paleo because its canned but 1/2 c canned green beans is only 20 calories. I can eat the cut green beans at room temperature. I know its not fresh and thats best, but in a pinch, the calories are right.
                              Karin

Comment

• DD hunger....celery, I will salt the heck out of it and eat tons of it. For travel, homemade beef jerky is good in smaller quantities and you can dehydrate pounds of zucchini sprinkled with seasoning blends for very few calories. I know you limit fruit, but watermelon (well canteloupe too) has very few calories and fills you up quickly because of all the water, in season now so should be extra good and easy to find. I love the salad and protein thing cause it is really quick, I put the protein source (fish cooks fastest and is the most volume for the least calories) in the pan and while it is sauteing I make the salad (I use pre-washed mixed spring blends), plop the protein on the salad and voila-maybe 10 minutes max.

I honestly have the easiest time with my DD's if I just don't eat till dinner. Once I actually eat something it is like I can't stop. Much easier not to start at all, except of course for the fat in my drinks.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X