No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh hey.. regarding parenting.. you might check out love and logic. They have a website but they are excellant sources. In fact they have a email newsletter with tips you could start collecting if you were so inclined. Always good to have a nicely stocked tool belt. I use LL for school as well as home.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I personally credit the L&L style for me being able to keep my sanity while raising 2 very intelligent and strong willed children, helping them to learn to properly direct their energies and understand that there are consequences (some good some bad) to every single decision you make. I very strongly recommend Love and Logic.

Traveling is not good for you in many ways, obviously minimizing it is likely your best bet.

I often order burgers with a salad, most restaurants will throw a burger instead of a chicken breast on your salad. Maybe you could make and carry jerky from your sources at home and at least get enough protein. You could also take veggies that agree with you, that you dehydrate at home. I also use my freezer a lot. So there is always at least 1 protein source and 1 bag of frozen veggies in there, so that when we get home I can make a decent dinner before I have a chance to go shopping. Also, eggs can sit in the fridge for a pretty long time, and make a very quick nutritious dinner scrambled with a bag of frozen veggies.

I think if you sit down after your nap, you will be able to work out a few simple solutions.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• This was on the JUDDD forum. Heeheehee.

evil_scale-238x300_zps911009f1.jpg
        -- Ruth

Comment

• 😄 Feel like that pretty often!
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
            This was on the JUDDD forum. Heeheehee.

[ATTACH]12345[/ATTACH]
            To be fair, the gun probably adds two pounds. >.>

best of luck with everything. I have no idea how you deal with all the stress to be honest. Hopefully some time away from work will help.

Comment

• I agree with Canio, the stress is over the top.

Ok, another suggestion is to use Binaural Beats to relax/reduce stress. There are many free ones that you can download to an MP3 player, and you can get them for relaxing, sleeping, and energy. Maybe if you listened to one of those every day it would help your body manage the stress. You can choose the length anywhere from a few minutes to 30 minutes. I listen to one to go to sleep. The Paul McKenna one that came with the book is good for afternoon, I seem to remember you have that one. And he used to have an Overnight success one, not sure if you can still download it free but it is the one I use at night. Also Jon Gabriel has one that is nice for bedtime (there may be a password in his book for this one though). Or you can just google Binaural Beats. 15 to 20 minutes a day of meditation could do wonders, and couldn't hurt.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I have an app for my kindle that has resting sounds, you can also add the binaural beats to those as well. I love it. I need to actually start using it again.
                Karin

Comment

• that is cool what is it called?
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Its called relax melodies. Some of the options you can choose or combine are:
                    river, music box, flute, wind, zen, melody, urban rain, cave water, wind chimes so many many options (2 pages worth) and then on top you can get the beats that are hardly noticeable. It kinda handy because you can alter the volume on each sound individually so you can have something relaxing waaaaay int he back ground of your initial white noise (which is also an option). Its kinda cool.
                    Karin

Comment

• sweet I am going to see if there is something like that for my phone.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• if you have an android phone you should be able to get it because I think its an android app.
                        Karin

Comment

• Will have to look for that.

Today - Day 2/4 of parenting classes. This one is taught by a university prof, so I hope that at least the presentation (if not the substance) is better It will be a long day!

Lots to write...maybe tomorrow. Happy Saturday!!!
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• there are a bunch of them (free) for the iPhone as well. I just went to the app store and searched "Relaxed Melodies-free", I think 27 came up. Fun stuff, thanks Karin!
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• The one I use says to get the beats I have to wear earphones and sometimes I need them, sometimes I don't. It also has a timer to turn off when you are sure you should be asleep by.
                              Karin

Comment

• I downloaded too. Hope the parenting class went well.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X