Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
    If we take more time to plan, then I think we can make it more affordable Actually, if we pick a destination and watch prices, it would be great. I'll have enough points for anywhere we want to stay...and possible enough airline points (though I end up using these faster) that I could perhaps helps with a leg of someone's journey. Can't say I'm not disappointed, because I would LOVE a few days with some of my favorite gals...but, having something to look forward to next year with be awesome as well!
    I totally agree. If we could make plans early on to get cheaper rates and lock in our dates that would be a plus too. I am disappointed about this summer as well but I think more planning for next summer will be best. Might I suggest we start making arrangements in March/April for cheaper flights and rates?

Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
    I think no matter what, you & Karin can probably drive. I know I have to fly and probably Paula, too, since we're each on the ends

DH took this pic without me knowing it. It's very typical of me in the morning on vacation -- my bottle of peligrino, my book (kindle), messy hair, and glasses He put it in instagram and made it black and white. I liked it. This is weird, I know, but I think I have fat fingers. The first I said when he showed me the picture was "wow, my hands look thin!". So, oddly enough, that's one of the reasons I like the picture.
    Love the picture! Its beautiful!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Exciting parenting news! I like the new icon picture. You look like an intellectual lady of mystery.

Comment

• Husbands can be a real pain in the a$$ sometimes. I could scream at mine today. Erg!!!!! End rant. Off to bed soon.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• A good night's sleep cures many ills.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yeah, probably so. Another stressful 2 days, then things should be a bit better. DH does not handle change well, and I don't handle him not handling well...especially when I'm already tired and stressed. Grrr.

I'm frustrated at the weight loss. In my mind, it should happen a lot faster
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
              Husbands can be a real pain in the a$$ sometimes. I could scream at mine today. Erg!!!!! End rant. Off to bed soon.
              That was oh so restrained. You are a much better woman than I.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• wait, are you losing again? sweet.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• No. Not losing. Sigh.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• P - I was too tired to write more last night. And, I was on my phone. To hard to type much :-) I had lots on my mind...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Rats, have you at least taken measurements lately so we have a few possible measures? At least the waist as well as the scale.

Wish we could find a way to reduce your stress, you have a lot of things piled up right now, and that cannot be good for weight loss, even if you aren't eating more, it messes with your hormones.

Maybe breathing exercises would help? (for you, or him, or both?)
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• What a week. I am exhausted. I got home Wednesday to stress with the husband. Thursday was supposed to be our 2nd home study. I got up at 5 am to get everything ready...only to have her call and decide that we needed to wait until after our first parenting class. While I think she was probably right, the last minute nature of the cancellation was almost enough to send me over the edge...especially since I rearranged my entire schedule to make it work. Grrrr.

Yesterday was my adoption physical. I went to a PA that I haven't seen before. She seems pretty decent. She's going to run a whole slew of blood tests, including all of the female hormones, some of the male hormones, vit D, and CBC.

Today, mom and I took a 4 mile walk. We're wanting to walk a local half marathon in October...we have a lot of work to do. 4 miles wears me out

Off to Austin tomorrow. Another long week of travel.
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• Chris - I haven't taken measurements, but I tried on some pants that are now too tight. Those pants are my test of progress

And, yeah, stress will remain extremely high through July. Not much I can do about it until afterward.
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• hang in there girl..the adoption process wont last forever
                            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• well, to me it seems obvious that dieting is another stress and it is one you can control. Stay off the scale, and just take 0 to 4 days a week where you are under about 700 calories and just eat for hunger the rest. No schedule, no guilt, just do what you can do easily and without stress. The problem with doing nothing, of course, is that it is likely more stressful to feel like you are gaining weight.

But, doing a limited number of low calorie days should keep you at current weight and probably even allow you to lose. But the key is to not limit yourself on what you eat except for leaving out what causes you physical pain. I fear that the biggest problem for you in this kind of plan is that your eating is so restricted that your up days don't feel like a respite. So to the extent that it is possible, try to make it so that they are.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Thinking of you. Just keep swimming...
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X