No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, Chris. The support of our little group, especially the keep positive attitude, has been extremely helpful.

162.5. Again. Not bad, I know, but I'm impatient and want to see movement down everyday (and yes, I know that's very unrealistic!). C'est la vie. It's Christmas Eve and I have more important things to worry about than an arbitrary number thrown out by Mr. Grumpy Pants.

Sleep was not so good last night. I dreamt of my grandparents. It's been harder than I thought it was going to be. I miss them so much!

I'm going to make some sweets for the family and attempt some oven beef jerky so that I will have something to take to Arizona.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• WOW! I am so thrilled about your progress! It is hard not to be impatient.. this I know let me know how your jerky turns out. I am wanting to make some myself but have not got the nerve up to do so. Perhaps over the break
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I made a batch using the Alton Brown method, and this recipe...Box-Fan Beef Jerky | Antihousewife

The problem was that the jerky stuck to the filters. So I got some of those pizza grates (like this one...Stephen T. Wilson: Make the Perfect Pizzato put the jerky between and then bungie between the filters and onto the fan. So the jerky would not directly touch the filters, which would make them reusable.

Anyway, the taste was fantastic, and very nice texture, not at all like store bought. Highly recommend this.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I didn't get the jerky made. I actually forgot about it

I didn't do as well as I might have liked, but it wasn't a terrible free-for-all, either. I had too many carbs and WAY too much salt. Good thing we're going on vacation Monday and I won't be able to see what Mr. Grumpypants thinks of things

Christmas blessings...
          -- Ruth

Comment

• 162. Have a great breakfast casserole in the crockpot...waiting for the husband to get up so we can eat!!!!!!
            -- Ruth

Comment

• YUM!! What is in your crockpot?? Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!
              Karin

Comment

• Have a great vacation. Are you going anywhere fun? Edit. Just read back. Have fun in Arizona.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• We're about to leave. Yay! I'm hoping for some Vitamin D exposure
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• ooo, Love Arizona! Have a great trip.
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• you got spammed
                      Karin

Comment

• At least this spammer had a purpose.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• must be because she is blond. You know.. they DO have more fun
                          Karin

Comment

• BTW "ados" is NOT the word for friend in French...unless it is the word for a "special" kind of friend.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• We're back. We had a great trip in Arizona. Wish it were longer, but there's also something to be said about being home. I think we bought out Ikea and we have lots of projects now that we are home.

So, 163 today. That's up a hair. I'm okay with that. I've been pretty much eating at or above maintenance calories since Christmas. We ended up eating out a lot. I don't particularly enjoy eating out, but that's the way things sometimes roll on vacation. All I have to say is that the world "way" characterizes the entire week of eating: way too much food; way too many calories; way too much sodium; way too little in the form of beverages; and way too little veggies.

I saw that I was spammed. It still baffles the mind - what do they get out of it????

Crockpot egg casserole - so easy - and lots of potential for variation (kale and bacon; spinach and mushroom; etc.). 1 lb of chorizzo (watch the ingredients) - begin to lightly cook in a pan. Once the fat begins to render, add a diced onion (I would have also done a small red bell pepper if I'd had one). Cook until onion is softened, but don't finish cooking the sausage. Whip together 12 eggs and 1 cup coconut milk. Chop 1 small butternut squash. In crockpot, lightly coat with ghee or something to prevent sticking. Add in squash, sausage, and onion. Pour in eggs. Cook on low 10 hours. Wake up and enjoy breakfast, already cooked! I'm excited to try different variations.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• welcome back!!! Good things to come in 2012!! Happy New Year!
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X