Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ Thanks. I will check it out.

Well, scratch that on the vacation weight. It's all back...and I've been eating well. Sigh. I swear I'm about to give up. I'm apparently meant to be fat for the rest of my life. Shoot, I can't even maintain, let alone lose.

Off to Santa Fe today. Will attempt a down day, though I can tell you that my heart is not in it.

Lots of travel scheduled for the next several weeks. Denver, Amarillo, Minnesota, Austin. We also have our homestudy interviews coming up. I'm somewhat nervous about those!

It's hot already, but I'm enjoying it. I'm a summer girl
    -- Ruth

Comment

• I can tell you are frustrated. What if you just worked on maintaining while traveling??

I hear you about just not being "into" a dd.. I am having one as well.

Are you all going through state adoption or private adoption? My dad and stepmom went through a private adoption agency. They still had hoops though but the birth mother was given a choice and chose them to give her kids to.

Summer has arrived here and is somewhat mild so far.. THAT I enjoy. Kansas summers can be brutal!
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Ok, lets get serious here. I know that you can do this and that it will work. So, I am going to be a pain in your A$$ and ask you to please use your MFP account and start tracking every thing you eat. Don't try to change it just yet, but give me a week of what you are typically eating right now. NO guilt, no recriminations, this is a learning experience and we are going to figure this out. (you should have the MFP app available for your phone, so travel should not cause an issue) If it is just too much of a pain to track it then post it as notes at the bottom of the page in MFP, or add it here in MDA. We can't help if we don't know what you are eating.

Also, would you go here...IIFYM.com TDEE Calculator...and post the answer, so we can see what is going on?

We will figure this out, I promise. Do not despair!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So... you want a regular week.. no UD/DD yet?
          Karin

Comment

• well, whatever she has been doing for the past few weeks.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• This is why I post here. I love you guys.

I get 1634 on the calculator. Now what?

And, yeah, I'll start tracking tomorrow. Today, I'm too frazzled. My employee took a job in our Denver office and now I have to go through the hassle of hiring. Ugh! Who wants a job in Amarillo?

We are doing state adoption. Private might be in our future someday, but we felt like going this way for now. Someday I'll have to post some of the goofy requirements. A lot of them are good and need, but some. And, the state is beyond unorganized. That drives my brain crazy.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
              -- Ruth

Comment

• So for the next 3 weeks, pick 2 days a week in which you come as close as is reasonable to 400 calories, the other 5 days go as close as is reasonable to the 1634 number. Track it or write it down here. Don't try to go lower, or add any exercise that isn't meant to be anything more than stress reduction (ie, a nice stroll with the dogs and hubs on a nice evening=good, forcing a long walk=bad).

no tweeks to the numbers. Eat what feels right or makes you feel good. And lets see how it all goes.

p.s. for both you and Karin, and anyone else interested....the free 5:2 forum has a fantastic progress tracker in which you can enter your weight and waist measurements and it will give you progress reports, graphs, and lets you know your TDEE. You do have to register, and really once you get the hang of it, there isn't much need to follow the forum, but the webmaster over there is great and the progress tracker is a wonderful feature. http://www.52fastdiet.co.uk/index.php
                Last edited by demuralist; 06-05-2013, 11:44 AM.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Very nice job yesterday!

Are you a tea drinker? Can you take caffeine (from tea) late in the day? I find that a large cup of chocolate tea (I usually brew one bag in a 16oz mug) with just a tsp (weighed) of half and half, and a few drops of stevia is a nice way to end a meal for very few calories. Relaxing and filling. It also allows my stomach to realize I ate and see if I need more or not.

I can see where you are going to have an issue because of quantity, as my bulk comes from veggies and the meats take up a lot of calories without a lot of bulk.

Can you do the konjac noodles?
                  Last edited by demuralist; 06-06-2013, 09:42 AM.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I drink s ton of tea...I love it. I can barely handle any caffeine, though, unfortunately

I'm slowly adding back in veggies. Yesterday was just, well, a rough day on many levels.

-- Ruth

Comment

• I have not tried the noodles, but was thinking my mom would like them...

-- Ruth

Comment

• they are a great way to get bulk with no calories. I like them in Oriental type dishes, (peanut sauce, or for you almond butter sauce I guess.) not so much as a pasta replacement though. I also put them on top of a salad, then put shrimp or baked fish on top of that.

I thought yesterday looked great. Now today you can do an up day.

Republic of Tea has Red Velvet Chocolate, which is decaf. Good hot or cold.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Where do you get the noodles?

I use sunbutter. Dh has a peanut allergy.

-- Ruth

Comment

• I keep forgetting about the noodles. That would have added a little something extra to my salad today.

Ruth- how do you do with salad greens? I am finally able to eat the greens I have been growing and they are so light and tasty.
                            Karin

Comment

• I order the noodles online, get a case at a time...Konjac Foods - Pure Fiber Zero Calories Pasta...I found the ones in the store are almost all soy or tofu, easier just to order them.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I order mine too. Its made from a plant root.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X