No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am very curious about the aminos! I have been feeling better but still dragging and can NOT fall asleep at night. Last night I took an advil PM to help.

So, how long after the homestudy interviews before you know the result? It kind of sounds like you are being fast tracked through the process??

Hooray short week!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Ruth, Which ones are you taking?
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Amino acids. I'm starting with L-Tyrosine (energy!) and Gaba (stress management). I debated on the Gaba...and I hope it doesn't counteract the L-Tyrosine. I'd like to say that I'm cleaning up my diet, but when traveling, I often end of with chicken and iceberg lettuce, so I don't get a lot of nutrition help there. I really need beef...lots of beef...and some green veggies.

Adoption. The state says that the licensing process will take roughly 120 days. I think we got into the cycle at the "right" time. We had just missed the classes, but sent in the application anyway (classes start later this month). So, I think we got the application in before the next wave of applicants and get a "jump start". I don't know this, but I also suspect that because we are interested in 3 teen boys (very hard to adopt, both because of age and sibling group) we may have had a bit of help as well. It's hard to say. I find the entire process a bit convoluted...
        -- Ruth

Comment

• I take L-Tyrosine Morning , Mid AM and Afternoon
          I take GABA in the evening. No conflict.

Wow, you could be a parent by the end of summer? Awesome and scary, I'm sure.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• I think next time I am at an appropriate store I will try to add the L-Tyrosine. From the checklist it is the only thing that really still applies to me.

P, What dosage (ie. how many mg per pill is your tyrosine?)

Ruth, love the new picture, but thinking that is one we have seen? Also, weight loss and fast do not necessarily equate to something good. Maybe shoot first for maintenance. Instead of going full blown EOD, just do 1 down day a week for the next 3 weeks. Then do the best you can to clean it up the rest of the time. Once you have that down, add another dd a week, and see how that goes.

dieting, traveling, moving your mom in, working on adopting 3 teenage boys, and a job you don't love...jeez there are really too many more things that are more stressful than any one of those and you have piled up 4 at once! Go easy on yourself or you are going to end up in a loony bin!
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Chris, I am currently taking 1500 mg L-tyrosine in three 500mg doses.
              Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• ok, cool. I had seen somewhere in my searching that 150mg doses 3x's a day would work, but then when I looked for the pills themselves they only seem to come in 500mg doses, so I was trying to figure out if I just take the 500 once or go with the 3 times. I will start with the 500 x's 3. If I read correctly it should only take a few months to correct itself, right?
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• That is what she said, but I have not dropped any of them yet at 2 months.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• I sort of feel like things are getting better from just doing my version of the 5:2, so feel like I only mildly need the L-tyrosine anyway. I mean who couldn't use more energy right? So I will shoot for the 3 months then taper off and see how it goes. I am terrible about taking pills regularly though, so we shall see.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Me, too. And trying to start when I'm traveling...even worse. I'm only managing 1x/day...before I leave in the morning:-)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• yep, I tend to remember morning and that is it. I once told my doctor that if I thought the side effect of my pills was unexplained energy and unintended weight loss she could bet on me remembering to take them regularly! Other than that, I couldn't even remember to take the pill daily and that was about as important as it gets when you are young and not married!
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Of course, Chris, if we don't consistently take them, how will we know if it is helping things so we remember to keep taking them?

Ugh. It was a LONG week. So glad to be home. Exciting news? The vacation weight it gone. It took almost 2 weeks, but it is what it is. Now, to get rid of the carb reintroduction weight (without dropping my veggie carbs).

I'm trying not to get my hopes up about 5:2 actually working, because, well, it seems too easy. Really, I wasn't counting, but I don't think my DDs were as low as they needed to be. Of course, the vacation weight was surely some water and inflammation, but I still didn't eat all that well on my trip this week. I wish I could wait until dinner everyday to eat, but I don't do that really well when I'm at home (and, it's difficult in the office, because I end up with a lot of business lunches...and I'm not good at watching others eat while I drink water). I'm going to keep praying that this really does work. I don't care if it's SLOW, I just want semi-consistent downward movement (I also don't care about the small daily bounces -- it's the overall downward trend).
                          Last edited by RMS123; 06-01-2013, 05:28 AM. Reason: clarification
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• I have just weighed, and truthfully I was expecting to gain after the Florida trip, and the fact that I couldn't get 2 good fasts out of the last 3 days I was home. When I got on the scale it was 1 pound lower than my month's low. ok, well at least I lost. Then I went to post it in the 5:2 forum's monthly weigh in and realized I was down 3.8 for the month! down 12 in 8.5 weeks when NOTHING else has worked.

Just pick any 2 days out of the next 7, and get the lowest you can calorie wise, and track every day (don't DIET on the other 5 days, but try not to go over say 1600-1800) and see what happens.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• yeah on the vacation weight being gone!! Congrats! 2 weeks really isnt so bad and you are right, losing slow is best in the end. Now onto a new low!!
                              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Hey I just saw a book called "dont panic dinner is in the freezer". And i pinned a blog in which she did it.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X