Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
    I am right now at the point where if I am going to do a treat I just do it and take the sugar/grain hit. It is rare enough. And for me coconut flour or almond flour doesn't seem any more primal that any thing else. Not an every day thing or even weekly but just a rare treat. And then I just get on with life.
    Totally agree. I laugh when people call things a "paleo" cupcake. Um, I'm guessing no. Eating too many treats, whether they are made with nuts and "natural" sweeteners does most of us no good! But, I'm glad these flours exist for those of us with gluten and dairy issues

IDK, Karin, I wouldn't mind a nut allergy. It would keep me out of the blasted things. I eat them like potato chips. Junk food is junk food, "natural" or not. Sigh.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• What if you just work on treats that don't use ingredients you cant use. Cant think of any off the top of my head of course.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• It's pretty dog-gone hard to find something that is both gluten and dairy free! Luckily, I don't have treats that often. Actually, I prefer (mostly) crunchy/salty to sweet. It's almost ice cream season. Homemade coconut milk ice cream is so nice.... [hmmm, maybe tomorrow]
        -- Ruth

Comment

• ok.. I am trying to figure out how to check out books on my kindle.. I have a library card, somewhere.. no idea where. Is there another way?
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• That's about the only way I know how to. You can share books (some, anyway), but someone you know has to own it...and in the case, the publisher has made it unlendable.

Not all libraries have a good kindle selection. Ours is decent (but some days frustrating).
            -- Ruth

Comment

• BUT if I ever get to the point where I am not binging, I would rather have a gluten free treat, because the weight gain for wheat flour is double that for other flours.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thinking coconut macaroons or similar. Also, i pinned a site that included flourless treats. Good starting off point any way. A nice simple one would be a chia pudding. Can you do heavy cream?

Karin, once I logged in with my number I didn't
                need the card again. Maybe if you call they can look the number up for you. You could do the Gutenberg Project but it wont get you new titles. Is great for old classics.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• yum..macaroons!! I am going to try and find that pin Chris. Paula has a point with flour and weight gain..it sucks.

Custard is easy too.. gluten free, primal and all that jazz

Thanks Chris.. heading to the library Monday.
                  Karin

Comment

• Chris has a great pin with recipes that I re pinned

I was super duper productive yesterday! My mom has been living with us for 3 years. We talked about her just staying, even after she finishes nursing school. With that, we've started integrating her stuff into the house. I've moved things around to make room for it.
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• nice!! I say if it works, great!
                      Karin

Comment

• This house is big enough for that to happen. Our last one...not so much
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• Our house is going to feel very big after mid-August. When we bought it we had planned on parents staying for a while and besides the 3 bedrooms we each use there is a mini master upstairs. It has been useful but not used as planned.

My experience with desserts has been that I dont make them often enough to get good with the flour substitutions. So it works better to make things that dont use it at all. I just do pies without crust. Stopped cakes for the most part. Things like that.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• pies are good sans crust. I am wondering about a cobbler though with a gluten free crunch.. what do you think Ruth?
                            Karin

Comment

• I did something like that with sweet potatoes. I took almond flour, nuts, a little coconut sugar (basically like brown sugar), and butter. It was DIVINE!
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Well, it took 1 week to gain 5 pounds...and it's probably going to take between 3-5 weeks for it to go away. Sigh. I suppose if I were more disciplined and did EOD rotations, it might come off fast. Of course, with my week in TX, especially what we have going on this week, it's not going to happen! I wish it would come off, though. My pants don't fit and it's uncomfortable...

Had a lovely 3 day weekend, but am sorry to see it go. Off to TX today. I'm driving for this trip. Not sure if that's better or worse.

I am starting a few select amino acids today. I hope it helps. I find myself exhausted. As in, I can't think, feel so sleepy all the time -- like I need a good nap. But, if I so lay down for a nap, can't sleep (sleeping fine at night, at least for me).

We have our homestudy interviews scheduled for next week and the following week. All of references got their packets in the mail. Need to schedule our physicals.

On the bright side, it is a short work week. Hooray!
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X