No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh! sorry. I wish I knew the answer. The problem is that I keep changing the answer. If you haven't read "Schwarzbein Principle II" and the "Diet Cure" that might be something you could do.

Schwarzbein and Ross believe that we should be eating lots of good cals (Not too far below BMR plus activity) with all four macros well represented. Min. 75g carb spread out over the day. Both say that there is a healing phase which can result in weight gain, but not to give up. Ross is my size and eats close to 3000 cals / day which is what I burn on a heavy workout day. EEEK!

Granted, I have only 2 days in on this so there it is. I did it for a month last year, lost 10 lbs and nearly matched my Primal low.

Love the article you posted in my journal.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• So very sorry. Truly wish there was even a morsel of wisdom I could impart. But one thing I have learned is that this journey is not a straight path and my journey does not necessarily equate to yours. Sorry.

I am here to listen though if that helps at all.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Good job on cooing/prepping all those meals for your freezer. You're fantastic!

Comment

• oh.. this is frustrating I know. I wish I had some wisdom. Weren't you just going to do maintenance for a while?
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Well, trying to maintain hasn't worked worth a darn. I ended March at 158.4. I started May (today) at 168.8 (the highest I've been since about July, I think).

Headed to SF this morning. I'm a cranky bear. The dog was not feeling good and she got me up 2x and I had trouble falling asleep after each one. The good news? She got me up so she could go outside instead of making a mess in the house...just like we trained her...so can't hardly complain
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Our neighbors have a doggy door, of course that is part of the problem with the barking, but I am sure she doesn't wake up to put the dogs out in the middle of the night.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• We've thought about it Both our dogs are pretty big (50-60 lb), so we have some safety concerns about leaving it unlocked at night. But, my other dog, who likes to go in and out all day, would love it!
                -- Ruth

Comment

• They are lockable, but I have heard of racoons and such getting into peoples homes. I think I would rather wake up.

p.s. too bad you can't teach them to use a litter box like kitties do for the night time needs.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Not much time this morning, but a lot I ultimately want to get down. So, back later today or tomorrow.

Weight has FINALLY stabalized. Not where I want it (about 10 pounds too high), but I think it has *finally* gotten used to the carbs again. My digestion is better, although greens are still a little rough. Potatoes and rice seem to do the best. Too much in the way of fiber is still problematic. So, I am going to keep a moderate level of carbs in and then start trying to get these 10 pounds back off.

In some ways, I want to ditch the carbs and let the water and glycogen deplete before my NY trip, but frankly, we're going to eat carbs in NY. My sister-in-law is a phenomenal cook. She'll make everything gluten and dairy free for me, but there will be veggies. There won't be a ton of meat. No use going through all of this again!
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• stable is good. I know the bouncing can make you feel crazy.
                      Karin

Comment

• I think you have a good plan.

We'll have to discuss the possibilities for a meet up.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Ruth, I find that any vegetable in the cabbage family causes bloating and weight gain for me. Sadly that means broccoli, cauliflower and brussel sprouts are not my friend. Consider tracking how you feel after eating them.
                          Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• well potatoes and rice will add some variety at least. Can you do fruit or are you trying not to get back into that? with summer coming you could make some nice salsas and such for some taste variety.

I think it best to find something you can do reliably while traveling with the hubs, and deal with any changes when you get back.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• question: If you reintroducing these carbs are you decreasing fat?
                              Karin

Comment

• I've just been eating. I mean, I was gaining even when watching calories so I decided to just see if I could feel better and help my digestion. Now that I'm stabilized, my intent is to focus on: quality and calories. Maybe try 5:2 now that I'm feeling better. And when I say carbs, except for yesterday, it's usually under 50 g. It's just that before, it was somewhere like 5-15 g...anything more made my stomach hurt like the dickens.

I'm going to be so depressed if I find the same thing HB. My favorite veggies are cauliflower, brussels sprouts, and cabbage. It'll be my luck...

Chris, not too much fruit yet, as it can really cause sugar cravings. With summer, I will see how limited amount of seasonal veggies do. I LOVE watermelon and cherries. Last summer, I don't recall watermelon being a problem, but who knows with the body this year. I'm also slowly trying other veggies, but some of my old favorites, like spinach, do not seem appetizing, so I'm not forcing it right now.
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X