Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And lots of sleep usually!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yes. Sometimes my family worries - I can sleep A LOT during vacation. It's like as the stess flows out, m body can let go and sleep a ton.
      -- Ruth

Comment

• when I was putting myself through college, (working full time, school full time) I would usually be sick my first day home then sleep for some unGodly number of hours straight, and be over it by the next day. My mom said I kept checking to make sure you were still alive.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Today was a good day, though I was HUNGRY all day. Had some extra steak at dinner to help fill me up. Rms123's Food Diary | MyFitnessPal.com I'm not trying to fast, so no point in making myself miserable or setting myself up for a binge.

I so did not want to work today...as evidenced by the amount of time I spent on here One more day of work and then I'm free.

Did not get our KB workout in, will have to aim for tomorrow.

I don't have any pants that fit. That's a good thing, except when you need some at the moment. I don't mind around the house, but like it less when I go out for work. I don't really want to buy much, unless it's cheap, because I don't plan to be in them for very long (got my Chris vibes & positive thinking going on here). Need another trip to the thrift store!
          -- Ruth

Comment

• When in doubt, drink drink drink!

I was just rereading SPEED and was reminded that they said that science shows that alternating a high day and a low day is a very successful way to lose weight. So if you are particularly hungry one day maybe that is your high day, go for some extra protein, then plan a low day where you use things like fish or chicken for your protein source.

I luckily lost into 3 pair of pants, was up to where I was wearing only skirts and jackets, and the jackets were snug, now the skirts are too long and the pants fit (just in time for the cold weather!). Unfortunately I am still a little too large to find things at the thrift stores, fortunately I have had a very positive attitude in the past when shopping, but not been as successful at getting into the clothes, so I have a wardrobe in most of the sizes on the way down, at least until I get to where I can do thrifts!
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• 162.5. +1. I knew the ball was going to go back up. I understand it, but doesn't mean I like it!

Last day of work before vacation. I can barely contain myself. I'm like one of Paula's students today I need to get to the market and get some beef and then eat my veggies. Still planning my Christmas menu (for sure a rib roast and lots of veggies). DH is off today, so it will be hard to work once he's done checking a few emails.

I had given away most of my clothes from this size. At one point, I was pretty sure I'd never get anywhere close to a 10/12 again and gave most away. I did keep some quality suits and dresses (Ann Taylor, etc.), which I'm glad, because I generally need either lounging things or professional dress. Pants are a hard fit. I'm somewhat short, but not always short enough for petite or short. One thing about losing weight, however, is that my short or petite pants actually fit right in the length once I dropped a few pounds

Tomorrow I will have done Primal with the structure of SPEED for 1 month. Can't believe how fast time goes. It was a very successful month and I'm happy with my results. Will post measurements tomorrow.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Right now, I feel like one of my students. lol When will the school day end?

That means my one month anniversary is Saturday. I will have a loss, but it has not been a wholly successful enterprise. The fault is not with the program.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Funny thing is that I have never been a pant wearer, I have always had a very small waist in comparison to hips and thighs on top of which I have a long torso, so there was always much riding up into the nether regions if you know what I mean. Anyway, my body composition is different than it has ever been in the past, I still have an hourglass figure, but it is more balanced now. So the pants actually fit pretty well. I tried on a dress last night that DD had talked me into when I was 20 pounds lighter than I am now. (that is when I decided to go vegetarian to lose weight and gained 50+ pounds), anyway, it was snug when I bought it. Well it is still a tad snug but not as much as when I bought it, it is actually wearable, except that it is the wrong season, but in a couple of months I will be wearing it!

I started SPEED on October 10th (I think), but because of the whole dropping the diuretic thing, my weight loss has pretty much occurred in the past month, but my official measurements are on the first, it will be the 2nd before I am back though-so my monthly weigh in will be the day back from vaca!
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Paula, don't be too hard on yourself. You've had a lot of tough things to go through.

Chris, you are going to have great numbers after vacation!
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• I am not going to do my official first month measurements until the first Saturday in January (actually 6 weeks). Maybe I will get a handle on things by then.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• ok Paula, PMA!!!! You know you will get a handle on things by then, I really think wearing your GWF will help, cause I would bet big money your issue is almost totally related to sleep. Whatever the reason for the sleep issues, I think they are what cause your other issues to enlarge.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Hang in there girl.. we are kinda in the same boat.
                          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Kitchen is closed for the night. Think I did okay today. I do better not to have eggs in the morning (I'm usually starving pretty early), but didn't have anything else. I've not been to the meat market, so that problem is solved. Rms123's Food Diary | MyFitnessPal.com

I feel like I'm trying to fight off a cold. Lots of tea and then early to bed (again) for me. Mr. Grumpy Pants (the scale) is likely to be up a bit tomorrow (my "official" weigh in day), darn it, though I know it's the overall trend that matters.

It's officially vacation. I can't seem to relax. I need to stay off my work email on my iPhone. That's one of my biggest goals for the remainder of the year.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Today marks 1 month of Primal + the structure of S.P.E.E.D. 162.5. That means I've lost 9 pounds (10 if take Wednesday's weight). Lost inches, which is more important than the scale (posted in our SPEED support group). I used to be 240 lb. Now, I'm almost 160. It's good to remind myself where I came from.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• WOWOW!!! congrats, hey BTW, the low weight is the one you really are! So glad you joined our little group!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X