No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you put the recipe in the LCHF recipe group, so I can find it when I need it please? Even though it is not high fat, it is very low carb, thanks.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yes, I'll put the recipe over there. May also put it on Pinterest (it's where I find everything).
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
        Yes, I'll put the recipe over there. May also put it on Pinterest (it's where I find everything).
        yep, me too if I can remember what board I put it on! Wish it was easier to move pins from one board to another!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• If you go to edit, you can change which board it goes on. I just discovered that, because sometimes I get it on the wrong board.
          -- Ruth

Comment

• yep, but I am wanting to move multiple pins since I added some boards, and at least on my computer it is infuriatingly slow!

So have you made any decisions on how you will proceed from here or is a longer maintenance break in order?
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• No, I'm not sure where to go. I posted on your journal that we are starting the foster care/adoption process and so I have been thinking about everything besides my weight for a few days now...which is not necessarily a bad thing!!! I didn't eat many veggies over the last few days and I feel better. Still coming back down from my carb attempts.

I did realize that *something* happened after my 4-6 week bout of the cold from the underworld. That's when my stomach started hurting from veggies and my sleep got messed up. Not sure what, but that's about when I can pinpoint my troubles. Not sure what it means in terms of fixing things, however...
              -- Ruth

Comment

• mmm, yes, it isn't like you took a bunch of meds and you can stop them.

For what it is worth, I am finding the 5:2 astronomically easier than the 4:3 because I can change the fasting day on the fly and not mess up my week. I have let myself a little too much freedom with carbs the past couple of days, which I will need to rein in a bit because they make me feel bloated and puffy. But I like feeling hunger and knowing it will pass and I won't!
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Yes, 5:2 might be more workable. What I find is that I can't, without eating a lot of stuff that doesn't leave me feeling good, get up to my UD calories, which both makes DDs hard and doesn't create the nice spread. But, 2 days/week seems manageable. Right now, I would just like to feel better
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• I am not reaching my ud calories at the moment, but it is too early in the process to know if this will slow or stop the fat loss. I like what I did this past week and will keep it up for a while...

I start my work days the same. So a cup of green tea with 1/2T of half and half, then a cup of coffee with 2.5T of half and half in the morning. Then while I am at work I drink my 2 - 50oz ACV waters and if needed a cup of tea or bouillon. Once I get home I made a snack of 4oz greek yogurt, 1/2C blueberries, 1T raw walnuts and liquid stevia. Then I made dinner. For dinner on the fast days I just made a low cal meal for me and added starch for the boys (basically a nice piece of fish or chicken on a bed of salad very lightly dressed). On non-fast work days I used higher fat options like beef cooked in oil with a sauce.

The non-fast work days ended up being a moderate amount of calories. Interestingly on my 2 non-fast non-work days my calories have not reached my upper limit-weird cause yesterday I made pizza with homemade crust, and cookies.

I am going to generally limit carbs though, I feel better without them, I just need to increase the fat on my non-work non-fasting days. Maybe throw the MCT into my morning smoohtie again.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• One of my problems has been planning -- not having the right stuff available. Also, I didn't have any quick/easy options for mom/DH on DDs and then I would get tempted in the cooking process (I'm not strong like Sabine). And when I don't plan, I'm like, well, now what can I eat? Not particularly helpful
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• That is why I really liked the way I did it this week. Up until 4:30 I had less than 100 calories. Which left me with 400 for once I got home. So I could use 100 calories for a snack and then eat the protein and a huge salad for dinner. The snack when I walk in the door turned out to be essential to be able to cook without munching. Having 4 days that were that low until 4:30 also left me some flexibility in case I slipped. The snack was yogurt and blueberries. I usually pan fry the protein, either chicken thighs or fish filets or pork chops, high fat stuff in its own fat. Then a huge plate of mixed greens with a T of olive oil, vinegar, salt and spices (dry homemade ranch mix). Usually roast another veggie or make some carb for the boys. Super easy. I get fancier on my up days. On the work days that are not fasting, I eat the extra veggies with butter or sauce, make a sauce for the meat, have a bit of chocolate at the end of the night and go ahead and add half and half or cream to my teas, to get my calories up.

On my non-work non-fasting days, I go ahead and drink my morning smoothie and also go ahead and have lunch, but no snack.

What I like is being able to decide at the last minute whether or not a day is a fast day, as long as I make sure I keep 2 of them I am good.

I am also finding my up days are pretty low, without really trying.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Ate everything and anything yesterday...typical long trip rebound eating. I think I don't eat enough or the right stuff and so when I get home, I'm searching. Finally determined that I probably needed some fat, but it was pretty late by the time I had ferreted out what my body needed nutritionally.

We got the initial adoption application completed and will send it today. Still a lot more work to do... We have some kiddos we would like to know more about, but they cannot tell us anything until the home study is complete. Trying not to get my hopes up...when the right situation is available, things will fall into place.

Sick last night. Probably from the junk that went in my mouth. Partial vacation week...meaning that I need to work, but will do so when I feel like...and I'll skip all of the conference calls that I do not!
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• It is very hard when you are so excited about something to be patient. And this is so big it isn't like you will be able to keep your mind off of it!

I cannot tell you how many days I have done like that in the past. Where after stuffing myself with some of everything in an effort to figure out what I am looking for I finally figure it out, but I am too full and too tired to care anymore. I need to learn to slow down and figure it out before I start stuffing things into my face!

Oh man, working when I feel like it would be dangerous for me!
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Wow, that is exciting! Something really special to wait for.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Nothing exciting to report. The scale is not being kind, but I can't bring myself to really care (too much). My body is deficient in something, but I can't figure out what. My carb cravings are crazy. Some emotional eating. The good news? I'm getting some good sleep! Pray that I can break this 2 am/3 am wakeup/can't go back to sleep cycle...
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X