No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually would be sad if I had to give up my veggies, especially now that summer is coming on. But you have to do what the body dictates. Funny, I was about to say that if they made me sick I would stop eating them, but that hasn't stopped me from putting the occasional bit of sugary/floury thing in my mouth.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I had to do the same thing with gluten and dairy. I had to "prove" that I really couldn't handle them. Afterward, it just became life. So, we shall see I will be sad, but it won't be the end of the world. Just a bit more...challenging.
      -- Ruth

Comment

• I wonder what it is that actually makes the body decide not to accept a previously acceptable food? It seems that, according to that blog I sent you the link to, she thinks some of it is going without and then adding it back in and the body needs to re-establish the ability to digest by increasing the necessary types of enzymes. My memory is that she added back little bits of the previously offensive food.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I'm not really sure. I suspect at some point a version of GAPS may be in order, but I'm not mentally up to it now.

The carb experiment is not going well. My cravings are out of control and I'm not eating well. Yesterday's DD was an UD, but I have absolutely no clue what I ate. Odd for me. While my stomach doesn't really hurt, it doesn't feel good. I'm up 7 pounds in 3 days. Enough of this. I will work on carbs at some later point.

Today, I'll be in Santa Fe most of the day. I'm going to focus on meat and fat today and try to clear the stomach out a bit. I'm also thinking I might take a maintenance break until after I come back from NY. Yes, I want to lose weight so badly it's killing me. But, I feel like the diet and all of these permutations are taking over my life and not in a good way. Maybe a break is really what I need. When I come back, my travel should slow down and I can focus on what I want to do. [I say this and then watch me decide I need to hop right back into UD/DD But not today.]
          -- Ruth

Comment

• I think maintenance sounds like a good idea. Trying to lose while vacationing is not fun. Enjoy the vacation, rest, relax and just try and maintain.
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• The NY trip is still a month off, but I'm already ready for it
              -- Ruth

Comment

• ooo a month.. in a month, school will almost be out! This I can not wait for!
                Karin

Comment

• So, regarding your maintenance break. A month of a basically animal diet? Tracking but not controlling? Concentrating on feeling good?
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I'm completely lost. i seem to be reading conflicting things from your posts. (Or maybe I'm just an idiot!) Are you still doing JUDDD?

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                      Ruth's Green Chile Jerky

2 Lb Extra Lean Ground Beef [the leaner the better in the dehydrator]
                      5 T (or so) Chopped Green Chile [frozen is fine (defrosted), but I cannot vouch for the canned stuff]
                      2 t sea salt
                      .5 t paprika
                      .5 t onion powder
                      .5 t garlic powder
                      .5 t black pepper

Mix together. Roll out [like a crust] and then cut into slices. Dehydrate until you reach desired doneness [I just have a dehydrator that turns on and off, so don't know about temp if you have a fancy one!]

[These spice measurements are all estimated -- I usually just throw some in]
                      making now
                      Karin

Comment

• Hope things are going well for you today.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• traveling... hope to catch up tomorrow.
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• I will never make another kind of jerky other than this last batch!!! omg..yum!!!
                            Karin

Comment

• I'm glad you liked it. My family eats it so fast, it's not funny.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• The fact that it tastes good is the main plus. Additional bonus would be that its even cheaper and easier to make then buying roasts (which go super fast with less yield).
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X