No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh, thanks so much, I will watch it when I am home this weekend.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• You should also watch this one. Very good. Video: The Truth About Exercise with Michael Mosley | Watch Michael Mosley Online | PBS Video
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Here's a summary of the part I found interesting. 3 minutes of High Intensity exercise a week significantly improved insulin sensitivity. Michael's improved something like 15% after just 4 weeks. That, to me, is flat out amazing.
        BBC News - Can three minutes of exercise a week help make you fit?
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Ok what did he do for 3 minutes
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Just high intensity intervals. 3x20secx3x/week. Couple minutes rest in between. He did it on a bike, but I think anything can work.
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
              So more motivated to get at least 10,000 steps a day and to do tabata once a week as it is 4 minutes of hit at least it is high intensity for me.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Yes. I'm encouraged to get off my rear more often now (again). Took the dogs for a 4 mile walk today.
                -- Ruth

Comment

• He is quite good. I am also more motivated to hold to the fast. And off we go!
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Today's weather is lovely. Mom and I have already taken the dogs out for a 4 mile walk. I am a bit sore from yesterday's walk...kinda sad. But, I'm excited to start again. We will be hiking soon and I need to start attempting to be get in shape for that. If nothing else, at least my feet will be ready to handle it Mom and I also want to walk a half marathon in October, which is about the absolute best month here.

DH comes back today. It will be good. I very much enjoyed my time alone and am now ready to resume family life I need to change the sheets, make the bed, clean the bathroom, and dust his office. I also want to get some of my green chile jerky in the dehydrator, but we shall see...
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• speak to me of this green chili jerky.. yum!
                      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Ruth's Green Chile Jerky

2 Lb Extra Lean Ground Beef [the leaner the better in the dehydrator]
                        5 T (or so) Chopped Green Chile [frozen is fine (defrosted), but I cannot vouch for the canned stuff]
                        2 t sea salt
                        .5 t paprika
                        .5 t onion powder
                        .5 t garlic powder
                        .5 t black pepper

Mix together. Roll out [like a crust] and then cut into slices. Dehydrate until you reach desired doneness [I just have a dehydrator that turns on and off, so don't know about temp if you have a fancy one!]

[These spice measurements are all estimated -- I usually just throw some in]
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• Okay, just did intervals for the first time in, um, like 6 months? Holy jello legs, batman!

Today, I'm transitioning out of my maintenance week and into 4:3. It was a good mental break - something I really needed. I expect to see a small jump (sigh) as I do two UDs in a row (plus an MD or low UD yesterday) and move into my new pattern, but I also think I need these UDs to make my DDs a success.
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• I am planning for today to be a moderate day and tomorrow to be up, but we shall see what happens at the party tonight. The daughter of the host is a pro level baker and it is his birthday.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Transitions....

Over the past two days, I have "gained" 4 pounds. For once, I'm not yet worried. Here's why. I've gone from maintenance to 4:3, which includes two UDs. I've added back in serious walking (4 miles per day), hill sprints (boy can I feel these), and LHT (eeks, I have gotten weak). I have also gone from literally almost zero carb to "high" carb (still under 100 g/day). I have discovered that fiber almost instantly makes my stomach hurt. Still testing other carbs.

Re: carbs. As an initial matter, I don't believe they are necessary. If you eat offal, as well as muscle meat, you can get all of your essential nutrients and amino acids. However, I don't know if I'm ready to go there if I don't have to...because of the way my family eats (decent amount of veggies) and my business travel. I may well have to go there (I didn't necessarily want to give up gluten or dairy either!), but I want to give it one more chance and see if I can stabilize my body and start to lose weight again. For the last 6 week, I have basically gained and lost the same 4 pounds -- all revolving around "carb" episodes (most perfectly primal/paleo carbs). At this point, I either need to adapt to carbs or dump them completely and see whether or not UD/DD is going to work. So, here I go. Carb adaption week.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• hmmm interested in your progress and experiment with carbs.
                                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X