No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruth, I have been meaning to tell you (or maybe I already did?) that I had read that topically applied green tea is very effective in reducing acne. I had been adding the tiniest pinch (the green tea powder) to my morning moisturizer to get rid of a touch that I had on my chin. It worked but was too drying. So last night I read about a "tincture" of thyme being more effective than antibiotics and/or benzyl peroxide. So I looked it up (DH has acne as well that the dermatologist cannot seem to get rid of, and his face tends to be on the red side of the color chart all the time). Anyway, here is a link to explanation and recipeUse thyme as a natural cure for acne It is inexpensive at least, and backed by recent science. Worth a shot? I am going to try to talk him into trying it. But since it isn't from his doctor I don't hold out much hope, although he may be desperate enough and tired of the docs on this one-he has been battling it since college, it is obviously hereditary and he doesn't want the skin on his face to end up like his mom or brother. He even did 2 courses of Acutane.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I'm willing to try a lot. Since I never had acne (even when I was a teenager), I find this confounding

Last day of vacation It was a lovely break. Lots of testimony to write when I get back and well as respond to discovery. I HATE discovery.

Sleep was better last night...though maybe it was because I was finally exhausted enough. I woke up at my usual 3 am but went back to sleep quickly - maybe within 15 minutes. Woke up at 5:30 am - wish my body would have let me sleep later. I will take a nap, provided my body will sleep (sometimes, too wound up and can't nap...or, I drink to much water and have to pee too much). Oh, yes, and it's TOM. Joy. I'm already wishing for menopause

The weight is SLOWLY coming back down from my recent carb up. At some point here soon, I hope I can make some progress and lose NEW weight.
      -- Ruth

Comment

• If only I could remember this each day...

156537_10151630369016554_1122930755_n.jpg
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
          If only I could remember this each day...

[ATTACH]11253[/ATTACH]
          <3 this !!!
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Mentally struggling today. I'm trying to catalog things for our next Goodwill donation. I went into my book room...an ongoing process I have every single Agatha Christie book...none of which I have touched in 15 years...except to move from house to house. I need to donate them (we need all the donations we can get for our taxes these days!)...I am not reading them...but it pains me to let them go. You know, some day, in like 30 years, I might want to read them...
            -- Ruth

Comment

• LOL!! Kindle!! I have parted with many books due to necessity and lack of space. I figure if I REALLY love the book, I will buy it in kindle version. I actually have done that for a few books but most I don't need to read again.. so many NEW books to read!
              Karin

Comment

• I rarely buy books anymore. Has to be my one of my favorite authors to do so. But, still hard to let go of the ones I have bought. I love my kindle, but sometimes I still love my physical books. Oh, well. They have departed the book room and are now downstairs.
                -- Ruth

Comment

• Now that the house is paid off we do donations every other year, so we can insure that we can take the deduction. This is our donation year-good timing with regard to DS going off to school this fall, it will be a lot easier to let go of stuff in the basement after he has moved out.

You know you can check books out of the library for your kindles right? I do it for the nook all the time.

One of the good things about my more creative less analytical mind is that I do not remember numbers well, so new weight old weight whatever, weight coming off is weight coming off, and I celebrate it!
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                    One of the good things about my more creative less analytical mind is that I do not remember numbers well, so new weight old weight whatever, weight coming off is weight coming off, and I celebrate it!
                    Chris, I love ya! I, unfortunately, remember numbers fairly well. Although, this morning, I was really disappointed (because the carb weight is not coming off that fast), because I *thought* there was no change from yesterday...come to find out, I was down a pound when I looked at my spreadsheet. Then I was really happy

Yes, I check out Kindle books all of the time from the library. In fact, I REALLY have to love a book to buy it anymore.
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• heehee, but on the negative side if I am not putting the numbers from the scale down somewhere I will very easily let them creep up.

I usually now will only buy a book if I consider it a reference type book. Something I will go back to often and for years.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• I seldom buy books I get a lot free though. I am seeing the value of tracking weights. You are right, it helps you from packing back on.
                        Karin

Comment

• I don't always want to see the number, but I'm happy to have the data. When you get enough data, you can start to see patterns and trends (well, sometimes). And, yes, it's good to have it so that you don't say, "well, that's just a pound", which is okay, until it's 20 pounds.
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• exactly, or in my case it was 50 and getting close to the next century that snapped me out of my self induced delusion.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• I didn't have a scale and hadn't gone to the doctor in YEARS. I knew I was overweight, but I didn't know how bad. When I went and saw 240...well, I nearly had a heart attack. I don't know if I can always maintain at my goal weight (once I get there), but I'm going to do my best not to get back to where I was.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• If you haven't seen it, pretty interesting.

Video: Eat, Fast and Live Longer with Michael Mosley | Watch Michael Mosley Online | PBS Video

Michael Mosley is an enjoyable fellow, so it's a good watch.
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X