No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh. Holy bloat, batman. I feel like there is a lead ball hanging out in my internal organs. I don't know if it's the extra protein, extra carbs (hello, cauliflower), or a combo of both. I'm talking so bad that the skirt I was planning for tomorrow will not work if this continues (I brought a spare skirt just in case). Crazy. And uncomfortable. Sigh. It's going to be that kind of travel day as uncomfortable as I'm feeling.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Rather graphic advice on dealing with gas- YOU ARE WARNED

This could be a TooMuchInformation post for some people. If you are one of those types of people, just scroll down quickly.

RMS- Here's a funny(I think) way of encouraging abdominal gas to move through quickly. Do it in the privacy of your room with no one around, first because you should do it pantless, second, because it often works, and you don't want your SO to be felled by a stink bomb. Rub your belly in a counter-clockwise motion (counter-clockwise if you were looking at your belly from another person's perspective, that is. Right side down, across bottom to left side, left side up, across top to right side.) Now squat, and crab walk across the room a couple of times, hanging onto furniture if needed. Repeat two or three times.

Comment

• ^^LOL I am keeping this in mind the next time I have gassy bloat.
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I think Sabine made that up to see if you would actually do it!!!! She does have a point though, as that is the direction the intestines work in. ACV water and lots of it works for me.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ACV and dandelion tea work great too. Are you traveling with your acv?
            Karin

Comment

• Ruth - Let us know how it comes out.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I'm sitting in the airport reading this. I almost died laughing...all these people looking at me! No acv or much water. Traveling is a bear.
                -- Ruth

Comment

• well, not literally..LOL!!
                  Karin

Comment

• you really want attention.. try Sabines way in the airport! LOL!
                    Karin

Comment

• should you get bored in the airport and want a good read and a hearty chuckle:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread16440.html

I am curious as to how similar your symptoms are.
                      Karin

Comment

• omg! hilarious thread

When we were in college, we went to my grandfather's funeral. We stayed at my Aunt's home and one of her sister's cam and took care of us, cooked and ironed our clothes. Well my brother ate so much that when we went to the airport he looked like he had hidden a basketball under his shirt his stomach was soo distended. He was a basketball player (At Ottawa in Kansas) and tall and very thin so it was super obvious. He was so worried as he got on the plane! He said that as soon as they pressurized the cabin that the need to let loose became beyond painful. He tried slowly letting the air out, but ended up having to go to the bathroom to do a total release. Needless to say the smell followed him back to his seat. He felt like everyone looked at him the whole flight (I doubt it, but him telling the story was hilarious!).
                        Last edited by demuralist; 04-04-2013, 09:29 AM.
                        Chris
                        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• hahahahahah
                          Karin

Comment

• Hey, for once my journal is fun

Dallas love field is an evil airport. Not that I could (or would) eat one, but the Cinnabon smell as you come off the plane...makes me want one!!
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• you can make yourself a primal one when you get home, it will be much better and not leave you physically distressed!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Cinnabon would do nothing but add to your gastric distress..
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X