No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm finding that I only 2 weeks in a 4 week cycle of losses, regardless of what I try. More than anything, it is mentally taxing. I probably need to give it 2 more weeks to see if losses start again.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• So, what was your start weight (on JUDDD) and what was your weight this morning? I feel like you might be focusing on the micro and need to step back.

Maybe since your body seems to fall into a routine very easily, maybe you need to not do every other day, but do an up day, a down day, a moderate day, a down day, an up day-not necessarily do a dd every other day though. You know mix it up so that your weekly average is in the 1300 calorie range (or what ever you need it to be to lose weight).

Does your body react poorly even to greens? Is it all carbs or can you do ones from non-starchy veggies?
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ok, I was looking for some guidance on the Johnson's JUDDD webpage and found this quote..."Also, the goal of Up Days is to feel satiated without intentionally overeating. Individuals on the Johnson UpDayDownDay Diet™ have found that, despite restricting their calories on Down Days, they are no hungrier on Up Days than they would be if they were not on the diet, and in some cases they are less hungry. If you're not as hungry on Up Days, it's okay to eat less than your regular daily allowance. "

I think I am making a SF Lemon curd tonight to put on top of a MIM. Not sure what I will do for the boys, since I made them pasta last night.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• ^^ Interesting quote and am breathing a sigh of relief!

lemon curd?? Do tell??
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• FBS - 88? Huh????????????????? Mom still thinks it's totally fine (anything under a 100 dear), but for me, this is CRAZY. The only thing different - way high protein yesterday (89 g) (and 23 carb g). Interesting.

I think I'm suffering from "diet fatigue". I ended 2011 (not a typo) at around 160. Got down to 155 in 2012, then up to 170, then ended at 160. Now, I'm bouncing all around 160. I've not been trying to maintain - I've spent most of the time "dieting". I've tried low cal, high cal, low fat, high fat, combos of the two. And NOTHING is making a lasting difference. I'm tired.

With that said, I'm thinking of a 1 week "maintenance" break. This is NOT a Ruth goes to town and eats everything and anything. This is Ruth attempting to stay around 160, but feel like I'm trying to be working at going lower and stressing because I can't get there... I travel for the next 2 days (Thursday and Friday), with Friday being brutal (not getting home until 10 pm, assuming no delays, yeah, right!). Then, (in theory, cross your fingers) I'm supposed to be OFF for an entire week, and DH is going to be away on business (leaving me, mom, and the animals). I just want to chill.

After my diet break, I will get right back on the horse. I'm thinking another 4 weeks of UD/DD.

Also, still not sleeping well. Waking up at 2 am now (this is better, but not optimal) and trouble falling back asleep. The dog was having some digestive issues as well, so up 2 more times between 2 and 6 (after which point I decided trying to sleep any more was a waste). I know that the consistent lack of sleep is both impacting my weight loss efforts and my ability to "chill" and go with the flow. Another good reason to take a break
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Forgot to add, had a ton of cauliflower yesterday. Ugh. My stomach is a percolating beast! It is NOT happy.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• I think a shift in focus to improving your sleep would be a welcome change. Also, figuring out a way to minimize your stress from travel and your job would be helpful as well. so that while you would be taking a break from dieting you would still be keeping your focus on improving your health. Which should help keep you from falling into nuts or some other trigger.

I doubt it makes you feel any better, but I weighed 267 on my Primal start date in August 2011, and weighed 271 this morning (and was damn happy about it too after an ud!). We are all just searching for the answer.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Hang in there. I have to agree with Chris. Nail the sleep thing and everything else will seem easier (weight loss, job etc.)

WHOOP! for a week of vacation! Waking up at 2 is not fun. I am still waking up but SO FAR have been able to get back to sleep. I swear its the aromatherapy I put in my pillow. lol
                  Karin

Comment

• I use a lavender spray on my pillow before bed and use one of those oil/reed containers that is lavender in my bedroom as well.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Lavender is one I use but alone does nothing for me. I add sandlewood, neroli and jasmine.
                      Karin

Comment

• I will remember to ask you for the "formula" should I start to get sleep issues that are not created by a snoring husband!
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Had a very lovely maintenance day. At (mostly) in my "window", which is something I like (limits my mindless eating!) (my divergence was sampling - just a few bites - of food I was making for DH while I'm gone - totally livable). We went to visit a few ladies from our church at the nursing home. That's a very dreary life and it's amazing how just a few minutes and a small Easter bag really makes their whole day.

I LOVE sandlewood. Not sure the AT is helping my sleep, but I'm going to keep up with it and see if next week I can turn a corner.

Making a brine to put my beef heart in while I'm gone (corned beef heart). Hopefully I don't ruin it...but no return without a little risk!

It's both reassuring and not that we are all in this same boat. For a group of smart, smart, women, can't figure out why this is so elusive. However, I remain ever optimistic that we will find our answers. My birthday is on Friday -- weight about the same as last year. Okay, next year it will be less. That's all there is to it
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• What is AT?

Your birhday coming up? That explains a lot. I often get conflicted about how far and not far i have and have not come whenever my birthday comes close.

Seriously. Focus on getting sleep and optimizing your health and minimizing your stress for this next week. I am totally willing to bet that will make your down ward trend pick up speed.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Happy birthday for Friday (If I don't say it now I'm bound to forget lol). Better to have maintained than to have put on 10lb so you should view your as a positive outcome.

Comment

• Thats right, yours and Lily's birthdays are a day apart. Head up, I agree with ^^^ in a year things could have been worse.

Your right also being this being so hard. It should not be hard. I will tell you what doesn't help are those people who say, all you have to do is...xyz. Psh..I want to slap those people.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X