No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious happy dance for the scale number!!!

I just switched up my macro targets to allow a little more fat and a little less protein, I think I will be switching back and forth. I had been doing salmon for lunch, high protein low fat, but I was having trouble visiting the pantry around 3 hours later, so I switched to steak ums, higher fat lower protein, and am good to go for a fairly late dinner.

That calorie count does seem low, the coconut should help with the fat number, but adding a bit of fattier meat or maybe a nice sauce to the lean one, could be helpful. Last night I took some frozen chicken breasts (boneless skinless=easy to find and cheap) and sauteed them in a mix of coconut oil and butter, added about a 1/3C of canned coconut milk to the mix, sprinkled with curry and some grated lemon with a splash of the lemon juice and voila, my lean meat now has a reasonable amount of fat in it. Made rice for the boys (I don't really care for grains, I just ate them cause I was supposed to). added veggies and yum!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• yeah for the lower number!! WHOOP!!

I would not worry about lower calories being met if your not hungry. Jeff said that it is not a big issue. Your doing great girlie!!
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Awesome Job! And while on the road. Impressive.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• 162. I'm sure, in the words of Karin, I'll see the bounce back up in a few days. However, for today, it is good. I'm supposed to be off (burning off my vacation), and we shall see if that really happens. I was exhausted yesterday and got very little done besides napping.
          -- Ruth

Comment

• Sleep is essential to weight loss, so you got a lot done! Congrats on the loss!
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 162.5. up .5. That's okay, because I knew it would happen. One, my weight does the bob and weave, so lots of ups and downs, but an overall down trend. I get the message now Two, I did a short, but intense kettlebell workout. I can feel it all over, especially in the legs (oh, my hamstrings!).

Have to drive to Santa Fe in the snow, yuck. I'm burnt out of work and can hardly wait until my vacation. Counting down the days.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• I think if we are going to do a daily weigh in, we just cannot allow the numbers to affect our mood no matter what direction they go in. You have a good attitude about that. Did I read somewhere that after a lifting workout the muscles tend to hold fluids?
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                  I think if we are going to do a daily weigh in, we just cannot allow the numbers to affect our mood no matter what direction they go in. You have a good attitude about that. Did I read somewhere that after a lifting workout the muscles tend to hold fluids?
                  +1 and yes I have heard that about working out.
                  Karin

Comment

• I don't know if it holds fluid or not, but I have historically seen a gain when I first start lifting. If I have DOMS, then I usually have a gain. I am SO sore...it will be here tomorrow. Sheesh, and that was only my light KB. Guess it really has been a long time since I picked it up
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• 161.5 (-1 from yesterday; -10 overall). Really? Based on my patterns, I expected it to be up. I'm sure it will be later in the week (probably my "official" weigh in day), but that's okay...I sorta get the pattern. Still, let's just say that I'm EXCITED today (and I just can't hide it...).

No off-site travel today, so I can focus on my liquids (and veggies). My legs are still sore from the KB workout, but I'm going to try and convince the husband that we need another short session today in order to work out the soreness.

My vacation is so very close...
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• yeah for the loss!! You go girl!! When does your vacation start?
                        Karin

Comment

• Hurray! It's okay to be excited.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Vacation starts Friday (actually, I plan to leave early on Thursday)
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• yeah for the loss! I always end up losing while on vacation, not sure why, but am excited because we will be gone for a week starting Sunday!
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I do too. For me, it tends to be: (i) I'm not stressed (lots of play); (ii) we tend to do a lot of walking (instead of sitting on my rear in front of a computer); and (iii) I often have time to cook good, healthy food (it's relaxing for me and I enjoy it - not a chore when I'm not tired).
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X