No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ate dinner...but I'm not proud of it. I wasn't really hungry, but the ham was SO good (no sugar). I also ate too many carbs -- sampled the cookies I made for mom & DH and the mashed potatoes. I don't like the guilt and don't like that I ate that stuff. Since I ate those carbs, I've been "cravey" all day. Well, tomorrow is another day!!!!
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Ah let it go, guilt over what you ate is a useless emotion. Learning from it and trying to figure what you were feeling when you started would be more helpful. Were you hungry for the carbs, feeling deprived that they could but you couldnt, felt you deserved it cause you have been so good, did you just taste without thinking about it them figured wth, or was it not so specific. I suspect you will physically feel the ramifications since you tend not to tolerate thise things well so no point in making yourself bad emotionally as well.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I agree forget the guilt & start anew. I fell into the cream last night so you are not the only one. This weight thing is so hard!!

Comment

• Okay, yesterday's eating did not serve me well. I was physically exhausted, bloated, gassy, my joints hurt, and I had a headache. Eek.

Both weight & FBS are up today. 159.8 (almost + 1 lb) and FBS is 80 (very high for me!).

I have a good DD planned. I think I need it after yesterday. My ankles and fingers hurt - sure sign that I need some ACV!

I have determined that I cannot do JUDDDD (as prescribed), 1 meal/day, and NK all at the same time. Since this is the 4th week of my JUDDD trial, that should be my main priority (though carbs WILL stay low -- those don't make me feel good; protein will continue to be moderate). I'll see where I go from here...
          -- Ruth

Comment

• I agree, my main focus is JUDDD, then low carb, then NK in that order. I currently don't really have an interest in 1 meal a day, so thats easy. I will obviously not be giving up the real whole foods, and no plans to add back grains, and given yesterday's foray into sugar, I am hoping I can keep away from that for a while. It may be an issue as DH's birthday is Saturday, and I will make him a Boston Creme Pie.

Today's plan includes lots of fluids to try and flush that stuff out of the system!
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• A few more notes: I think sunbutter causes a small spike in my FBS. I will have to explore that more in the future. Also, while I say NK is not my priority, I know that upping my fat over previous levels was very helpful. So, my fat will stay relatively high, just not super high (no fat for the sake of fat). To the extent I'm able, I also want to try to have an eating window (I think this will help for when I get into maintenance and can hopefully do 1 meal/day).
              -- Ruth

Comment

• I think in the dd's, obviously, fat for fat's sake is not possible. On ud's I think cooking with it and using sauces are what I consider the best ways to get it in without doing a bunch of BP coffees or teas with lots of cream.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Exactly. And, yes, I think cooking with it is good. Also, I will still choose fattier cuts of meat, when appropriate (things like my pate are NOT going anywhere!).
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Oh, my. I feel like I'm hungover...only I had no alcohol yesterday. Sheesh. It's Monday....................
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• me too, so glad I actually have Monday's off of work. I just had to get up at 5:30 for DS.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                        I agree, my main focus is JUDDD, then low carb, then NK in that order. I currently don't really have an interest in 1 meal a day, so thats easy. I will obviously not be giving up the real whole foods, and no plans to add back grains, and given yesterday's foray into sugar, I am hoping I can keep away from that for a while. It may be an issue as DH's birthday is Saturday, and I will make him a Boston Creme Pie.

Today's plan includes lots of fluids to try and flush that stuff out of the system!
                        I agree that priorities need to be in place. I am also of the JUDDD, low carb, and then NK. I have a feeling I will NEVER get to NK though.. this is a tough road to hoe.

Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                        A few more notes: I think sunbutter causes a small spike in my FBS. I will have to explore that more in the future. Also, while I say NK is not my priority, I know that upping my fat over previous levels was very helpful. So, my fat will stay relatively high, just not super high (no fat for the sake of fat). To the extent I'm able, I also want to try to have an eating window (I think this will help for when I get into maintenance and can hopefully do 1 meal/day).
                        Oh my gosh.. sunbutter is like crack to me.. as well as sunflower seeds. I need to stay away and keep it out of the house.

Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                        Exactly. And, yes, I think cooking with it is good. Also, I will still choose fattier cuts of meat, when appropriate (things like my pate are NOT going anywhere!).
                        This.. I think adding fat for fats sake was not all that helpful in losing. I mean, it helped not being hungry but other than that, I am not so sure. I agree with the fattier meats etc. though.
                        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                          I agree that priorities need to be in place. I am also of the JUDDD, low carb, and then NK. I have a feeling I will NEVER get to NK though.. this is a tough road to hoe.

My Kansas girl. I know you are t from there but some of it should have rubbed off on you... It is "row to hoe" farm style. �� But yes I wonder if I will ever hit NK.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• hahahahahahahah!!! Farm girl I am not. I always wondered why you would want to hoe a road unless you were a hooker! LMAO
                            Karin

Comment

• DD is a challenge today, though if you want to be honest, it's mostly in the brain. I'm tired, don't want to work (can you say procrastination), and feel like I have a hangover. And, I'm supposed to be off next week, and want to be off NOW!

Hehe, I don't know if I'd have know it was "row to hoe" either
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• you got this Ruth. I am trying not to think about it. I had a cup of cofffee this morning, and its 10:20. I can not say I am hungry but some bone broth sounds good. I am not quite ready for tuna and celery now.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X