If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
9-Mar 161.2 UD
10-Mar 161.4 DD
11-Mar 162.6 UD 12-Mar 162.4 DD
13-Mar 162.4 UD 14-Mar 162.2 DD
15-Mar 161.4 UD 16-Mar 162.0 DD
17-Mar DNW UD 18-Mar 161.2 DD
19-Mar 160.2 UD 20-Mar 161.0 DD
21-Mar DNW UD 22-Mar DNW DD
23-Mar DNW UD 24-Mar 159.6 DD
* Remembering what "hungry" feels like
* Recognizing that habits are influencing my feelings of "hungry". Also noting cues that make me feel like I should eat -- like being at the airport where everyone seems to be eating.
* Rocking my DDs, even with business lunches AND dinners.
* Loving my UDs. It is wonderful to eat when I feel like. I enjoy slightly higher protein days.
* Still not going crazy on my UDs. I enjoy food, but don't go to town.
* No carb cravings.
* Recognizing that I use food when I want to procrastinate something.
* DDs are mentally (not physically) tough. [Though the beauty of UDs usually makes up for it]
* Feeling very structured with "forcing" the UD/DD cycle.
* Counting calories.
* Liquids. Sitting in meetings all day is NOT conducive to staying hydrated.
* Stomach cramps after eating greens.
Things that me go "hmmmm"
* The acne...of course, it really came back after the cashews, so what do I expect?
* Daily headaches. I don't remember how long I've had them -- weeks for sure. It could be: (i) UDDDD; (ii) sinus infection; and/or (iii) stress. Or, my eyesight, which is terrible, is slipping again I can tell. Will continue to monitor this closely.
* Sleep is no better.
* Waking up hungry on DDs (after a satisfying and filling UD) and not hungry on UDs (after a DD). Go figure.
* Protein. Am I getting enough, too little, or too much? Does it matter that one day is kinda low and the other is kinda high?
* Am I losing muscle mass? Doesn't feel or look like it.....but no real way to tell.
Re: headaches. I very much think the weather is contributing. Warm/cold/warm/cold. March winds and a lot of dirt. Stress as well. I can tell I'm clenching my teeth.
I have not yet tried AT for sleep. Something to consider.
Re: DD hunger. I start with a BIG glass of water (I'm usually parched anyway) and then some tea. If I'm busy, it goes away (it's a lot mental). After I have my early lunch, I'm usually fine. Sometimes feel like I need a small snack around 4, but not always. Again - so much of it is mental. I'm used to eating at set times.
On my down days i have my morning tea as iced so it is larger. Today, and when i am home, I have it with a cup of homemade coconut milk that way I can put off lunch. This allows me to cut into the witching hour with the lunch and not have to worry about snacking. Truly most of the time the hunger subsides.
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."