Primal Journal (sbhikes)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on the abs!!
    “I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.” ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

Hehe, one pack abs... I'm working for some of those too, but the term makes me giggle anyway. My core strength has always been very poor, I'm looking forward to feeling stronger!
      Depression Lies

Comment

Today's breakfast: Liver and 2 eggs with salsa. Coffee with cream. Since I get raw cream (at $13 a pint!) it doesn't last very long so I have to put quite a bit in there otherwise I end up throwing some of it out.

I rarely mention dinner. Yesterday's dinner was leftover beef stew from a few days ago. I added the rest of the leftover bone broth, some green beans and a parsnip to make it a bigger meal.

I went to the exercise class yesterday. There were no weights. It was just stick your leg out, squat, lunge, hands and knees and stick your leg out kind of stuff. It hurt. I tried to go easy but I have a lot of pain. The instructor said that Thursday's class focuses more on the upper body. I was hoping for just weight lifting but this will help anyway. I feel dumb in a room full of women doing exercise like this. I'm totally uncoordinated. I couldn't figure out how to get my right elbow to touch my left knee. It doesn't feel natural to be indoors. I like to climb mountains. But that's only one type of motion so we'll see if this will help.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I hope it isn't knee pain! Please be careful with lunges and always make sure that your knee points out over your little toe. If it goes straight or slightly in you are much more likely to damage yourself! I hope your instructor told you these things. There are too many young, gung-ho exercise instructors out there damaging too many of their students. Technique is essential.

Hope you feel better soon.
          “I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.” ― Mark Twain

Comment

Not knee pain. Just plain old sore.

I made a paleo pyramid of what I actually eat. I am going to print this on my office door so the pastry queens will stop dropping in to offer me their poisons. I modified a paleo food pyramid I found online to more closely match what I actually eat (plus get rid of the silly Grock character.) It's missing a picture of sweet potatoes and I actually don't eat much in the way of fruits and nuts, but it's pretty close.

Comment

You made that? You should watermark it or leave your name/brand/info on it. I would love to use that in my blog and/or print out for reference.
              Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post

This is great! Let us know if we can use it.

Comment

Finally a way to "dispose" of that awful bone broth I made.
                  LOL. What happened to it? Why so bad?

Not much new to report except that my tape measure measurement of my waist was slightly below the 30" marker for the first time. Not enough to count in my opinion.
                  Yay. Congrats! I got so sick of waiting to drop below the 30 mark, I stopped measuring. I only going to do it once a month now. (scales, photos, tape measure) it's tooooo depressing otherwise!
                  SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
                  “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Comment

You can use my image. I stole it from elsewhere and just changed it a little bit. You can find the original doing a google image search. It has a picture of a cartoon cave man next to it that I erased. If you are really sharp-eyed you can find the other pyramid where I stole a few extra vegetables to put where the nuts and berries were. I'm sure it's bad for me to have copied it but I just wanted it for my own use and to look the way I wanted it to look.

I didn't eat dinner yesterday and went to bed hungry and then I ate too big a breakfast today. Same breakfast as yesterday but with a slab of yam on the side. The liver was huge today. I'm very full now but oddly I sort of feel still hungry and I also feel very crabby.

I went in search of supplements yesterday since I ran out of potassium iodide and potassium. Regular stores in suburban shopping centers are a wasteland for finding anything useful. The only reason regular stores have Vitaman D and Magnesium is because everybody on the SAD has osteoporosis and constipation in their old age. There was no Potassium or potassium iodide anywhere. No kelp, either. How do people even do this way of eating if they live in a typical chain-store suburb? It must be really difficult.

Comment

After my epic huge piece of liver for breakfast yesterday I was not hungry at all all the rest of the day. But I ate dinner anyway just because I wanted to. I probably should have just gone without it. I made some seafood mix with onions and red bell peppers with Mexican spices.

I kinda felt crappy yesterday. Crabby all day and people kept bugging me, too. I really despise all the cheery people who want to come to my door and offer me pastries and stuff from the store and have cake because it's somebody's birthday. Or worse, I hate it that certain people will send an email and then run down the hall to ask me if I got the email and explain everything they sent me. God how I hate that. Why do they do it? I can read. I told that person to not do it and she says she can't because she's a verbal person. Every interruption breaks my thinking and sets me back. I do programming and it requires concentration and I'm stuck in an office of marketing people. I hate marketing people. All they do is socialize and click on buttons. I have to actually think. Anyway, so I ate dinner even though I wasn't hungry because I was crabby. That's bad.

But this morning my waist was down to 29.5 inches.

I was thinking that I probably eat too much, probably eat too much fat, probably am stalled for weight loss, probably ought to buckle down harder, this isn't working, yadda yadda and my waist was smaller. I guess I will stay the course.

Comment

My supervisor (my actual boss is in CA, this is just the leader for the local IT group) is like that with calling me to describe the email he just sent. His emails are generally ...like... this...and it...drives me...nuts...

WHY WHY WHY? Learn to use the fucking ellipsis! You love it, but it does not love you!

Anyway I can't understand his emails half the time due to typos and such, so it makes for him to call, but only half the time. The other half is stuff like "Yes, thanks, I actually asked you to send that screenshot so I can troubleshoot your email problem, BUT YOU DON'T NEED TO CALL ME, I'M 10 FEET AWAY AND I KNOW WHY I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM YOU." I'm sure he's a wonderful programmer and whatnot, but seriously. I know how to do my job and you waste my time.

*ahem* Sorry for ranting in your space ><
                        Depression Lies

Comment

Oh god I hate ellipsis typers. Anybody who has to insert extra things in between sentences, like tildas or whatever. What is the deal with that? Did you not take English classes? Do you have an aversion toward basic punctuation? Do you think with a dot dot dot in between every thought so you feel you have to write that down? I won't read stuff like that. That and text speak. I just don't have the time.

Back to my regular journal.

It's after 9pm. I forgot to eat dinner. I hiked 8 miles this morning. I even bought some delicious berries and was looking forward to a treat. But I forgot to eat them.

Comment

I'm so bummed because it's a beautiful holiday weekend and it's already Sunday night and I pretty much spent the whole evening last night and the entire day today sitting on the couch doing web design for someone. I should not have agreed to it. It's just too much work. I'm overwhelmed. I do not like having people put time pressures on me during my precious time off. I don't really need the money. It's not much money anyway. I do this already 40 hours a week at a full-time job. I'm not a freelancer by trade, I just happen to have a freelance client. I told her last night I was overwhelmed and didn't think I could be her go-to web person and that she should hire someone else in the future. I feel bad for doing that, but I'm not the kind of person who can do two jobs. I have crafts and interests and laziness to pursue, not to mention sleep.

Comment

I made a paleo pyramid of what I actually eat. I am going to print this on my office door so the pastry queens will stop dropping in to offer me their poisons. I modified a paleo food pyramid I found online to more closely match what I actually eat (plus get rid of the silly Grock character.) It's missing a picture of sweet potatoes and I actually don't eat much in the way of fruits and nuts, but it's pretty close.
                              I love your pyramid!

Oh god I hate ellipsis typers.
                              Oh dear...you'd best not read my journal...you won't like it...

I'm not the kind of person who can do two jobs. I have crafts and interests and laziness to pursue, not to mention sleep.
                              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse
                              "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

I went mushroom hunting this morning. Now I am eating a plate of liver with chard and chanterelles. I'm in heaven. I found a new mushroom (new to me). Hericium. I am waiting for my back-up mushroom ID person to tell me if it really is Hericium. It's supposed to be quite tasty.

Comment

Working...
                                X