Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naturally Primal (I swear I was Ayla in a past life :P LOL)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

about to do this WOD:
    1 k Run
    50 squats
    10 pushups
    40 squats
    15 pushups
    30 squats
    20 pushups
    20 squats
    25 pushups
    Wish me luck.

Comment

woo yeah 13:15! Very hard though, but I enjoyed it ha! I need to find more WODs to do at home.
      6:47 was the run part, my fastest km in a while, not bad considering ive hardly been running these days.

Comment

Damn my husband did it in 12:19 and he had to walk a little of his KM run, so guess I better step it up Although he did knee pushups and I did incline ones, so maybe that helped him do it faster LOL
        Looking for more WODs to do at home if anyone has any great links/phone apps they can tell me about.

Comment

Todays WOD:
          3 rounds of:
          1/2 km run
          50 air squats.
          Took me 18:46 and I am pooped! I did have to do a couple of short walks in my last two runs, legs are stuffed from yesterday.

Currently IFing since dinner last night, hoping to get to dinner, or even breakfast tomorrow. I am feeling OK so far.

Comment

I am feeling surprisingly good and not starving.
            Up to hour 20. I have had a couple of coffees with cream (does that make it not an IF?) And a spoonful of coconut oil.
            I am thinking I will have dinner, but if not hungry I won't. I have done way too much eating when not hungry in my life time, so to be able to not is quite a good feeling.
            Last edited by Ayla2010; 11-26-2011, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Wooo one month primal today And I am feeling great. This WOL just make sense.

Broke my 24 hour IF with a roast chicken, with fried (in butter) cauliflower, zuchinni and cabbage (all shredded up). Made a "sauce" out of the onions I cooked under the chicken, and all the juices, just blended it up with a little butter, it was delicious!
              My quads are aching bad!

Comment

argh sugar really affects me now, I made a raspberry torte from one of my paleo cookbooks, and I was not going to have any, but i did have some, and now I feel gross It was only honey (i had no maple syrup) crazy stuff!

Comment

Todays WOD:
                  10 rounds:
                  10 pushups (incline)
                  10 sit-ups
                  10 squats.
                  9:22 and it was tough! It seems like not much work, but it really is.
                  Will do some sprints with my husband tonight.
                  I love CrossFit!!
                  So excited about getting more equipment from home.

I am inspired by Glamorama, and I am doing the Leptin Reset starting tomorrow, I have been given hope that I can look good, and I know I can do this, and I just need to be a little stricter.
                  Bring It On!!

Comment

Did not get time for the sprints, but its OK.
                    Tomorrow I start the Leptin reset, and very strictly. The only way I will know if this works, will be to do it properly.
                    The not working out will be really tough, as ive just started getting into WODs at home, and I am enjoying them, but its only about 6-8 weeks, maybe less, so it won't hurt me.

And note to myself. Dairy makes me itch in places one should not be itchy. When will I learn, I really do know this. Coffee must be black or not at all.

Comment

OK so after another episode of itching and some reading I decided to visit a naturopath. Before I went I had done some reading as I suspected candida in my gut, and she confirmed this when I told her my symptoms. She also did Iridology, and that confirmed issues with my gut.
                      She gave me something to kill off the candida, plus some good bacteria. Plus something to deal with the itching.
                      I had spent a lot of this morning in the loo but I gather that was meant to happen with the killing off of the candida.
                      Last 2 mornings ive managed at least the 50 g of protein for breakfast, with only needing a very small amount of protein for lunch, plus then protein and leafy greens for dinner.
                      Actually last night was not feeling very hungry and ate a mango for dinner, not ideal since I am meant to be avoiding sugar, but damn it tasted good, and its a damn site better than maccas which I never crave anymore, but def need to be careful of mangos now I have discovered how delicious they are.
                      She also used fancy scales, that calculated muscle mass which was nearly 55 % which I was very happy with, and because of this the calculations they use say I need to lose 12.9 kg of fat to be in a "normal" range, which is a damn sight better than the 20-25 kg that BMI charts say I need to lose.
                      When I get there ill see how I feel then reevaluate.
                      Still so unsure about dropping the exercise for the reset, I know I feel much better when I exercise.
                      I still may do my WODs every second day.
                      If I do it today its:
                      7 rounds of:
                      7 burpees
                      7 squats.

Comment

argh my stupidity astounds me sometimes, and now I feel like utter crap

Comment

OK its been nearly 3 weeks since I updated. But things are going pretty well, still fully primal, and we are up to almost 2 months
                          Still loving how I feel, but still fighting the candida, but my itching is much better.
                          Ive been drinking a little Apple Cider Vinegar in water 2 x a day, 2 capsules x 3 times a day of Kyoltic garlic, 1 a day of oregano oil capsules (only been 2 days), plus my 2 x a day probiotics. Also using garlic, yoghurt, apple cider vinegar, 3% hydrogen peroxide (diluted in a cup of water) and tea tree oil (separately) on the actual itch and its all helped immensely. All these tips were from a book on candida.
                          Naturally Primal
                          Here is my blog, which is where I will try to update daily with meals, including pics when I remember.

Comment

OK I am still around, but only been updating tumblr, but I think I need this journal too.
                            Here is where I am at now:

Its been nearly 6 months of primal living. Ive tried about 3-4 times to give up cream and coffee, and recently I did succeed for a month, and went from 102 cm waist to 89 cm waist. The last week or so coffees and cream have been coming back in. And yes I feel like crap I turn into a nasty bitch when I drink coffee too. I don't know why its so hard to keep away from it, I really don't know. But I know its got to stop and its got to stop now. Today I have had 4 cups already, its ridiculous. My waist will be starting to go back up soon I am sure.

Comment

Oh and 5 cm off my hips during that time.
                              Also last week I had many cheat meals, including nasty nasty food, and grains. And I felt it all week at CrossFit, I felt so weak and tired and lightheaded. It sure was a reminder of why I don't eat that way anymore, and I can't go back to grains. Cheats now, need to be rare and only things like sushi, or something, but I went so long without them I really don't need treats.
                              Plans for now are:
                              - Have a big breakfast (Like LR protocol) I have realised I can't fast at the moment, it doesn't make me feel good, then I end up eating too much, still primal foods, but still too much. Then have a slightly smaller meal around 3-4 pm as I was doing before. I then go to CF at 6.30 pm and don't eat after.
                              - Carry on with CF 5-6 days a week.
                              - Cold turkey on coffee and cream again, I know I can do it, I managed a month so I can do more.
                              - Keep away from nightshades too, as I am noticing a lot of old soreness in my joints again lately like I used to have, and I guess the cream is also going to add to that, and probably even the coffee.
                              - Keep updating this journal.

Comment

Last nights workout:
                                Skills:
                                Deadlifts 40 kg 5 sets of 10

Workout:
                                200 m run (60 sec on bike for me due to my leg, based on another woman who runs similar speed to me)
                                5 x sumo deadlift high pull 30 kg
                                10 x ring dips (purple band)
                                20 x air squats
                                5 rounds

15:29
                                I really enjoyed this workout a lot. I feel so strong and fit right now.

Tonight we are doing 1 RM for strict press. A month ago I did 33 kg for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X