X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday

Food
    B: repeat of yesterday, tasty
    L: leftover chicken meatballs, couple of pieces of potato (1/2 a potato), piece of grain free bread, 1/2 avocado
    D: kids made tortilla stack and salad, and commented gleefully that they were making me eat wheat.
    other: bubbles, water, herbal tea, hot chocolate, primalised cake and ice cream

Activity

Summary
    Not so good
    Last edited by ljq309; 12-11-2011, 03:01 PM.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Comment

Monday

Food
      B: french toast with grain free bread, cooked in butter, cherries, little bit of cream
      L: leftover pork stir fry with extra veg
      D: PB chicken and fennel stew with extra veg

Activity
      30 mins of yoga. I have decided to replace my usual exercise routine with yoga so see if this makes me feel better. I think that the errr 'exercise value' will be similar... well I can make it so.

Summary
      Excellent!
      Last edited by ljq309; 12-12-2011, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Tuesday

Food
        B: apple, greek yogurt, almonds
        L: provencal beef stew, pumpkin, peas
        D: steak with PB bacon broccoli salad, carrots and green beans
        other: water, herbal tea, hot choc (cocoa, water, stevia, splash of milk)

Activity
        30 min walk and 90 mins yoga (last calss for the year boohoooooo)

Summary
        Excellent. I wrote that yesterday... no matter.
        Last edited by ljq309; 12-13-2011, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Wednesday

Food
          B: raspberries, blueberries, Greek yogurt, flax seeds
          L: little tin of tuna slices, 1/2 avocado, leftover PB Bacon and Broccoli salad, little bit of bread and butter pickles
          D: PB enchiladas with a salad (made my crepe-ish things with whole eggs, hate waste ), the kids (who love enchiladas) declared that these were quite acceptable
          other: water, herbal teas, hot choc (cocoa, water, stevia, splash of milk)

Activity
          30 minutes of yoga

Summary
          Thumbs up again
          Last edited by ljq309; 12-14-2011, 01:04 AM.

Comment

I've not seen Australian bubbly here in the US. What would you suggest I look for as far as brands?
            Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

Goodness IvyBlue I don't know what they export now. I do remember many, many years ago buying Yellowglen in London cheaper than we could buy it at home. I'm liking a Wolf Blass Red Label Chardonnay Pinot Noir for everyday bubbles at the moment. I like it on the dry side. Grant Burge is a good, 'an occasion but not over the top price wise' brand, Chandon or Jansz are similar.

Comment

I'll have to look around and see if any of them are available. I remember buying Piper Heidsieck in a giant liquor store in Melbourne and it's been a favorite ever since though also not often stocked. BTW as I planned a trip around Oz my Aussie friends advised me that 'there's nothing in Canberra', not worth stopping. I had thought it might be like Washington DC as far as museums and such. As it is I had some cheap flights on Ansett and was all around, even Broome. Someday I'd like to do an epic road trip around the perimeter but that's for when I'm retired.
                Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

I have heard people say that Canberra and Washington are similar in some ways. Yes, we have the museums and the galleries etc. It's possibly a tough city for tourists as it's quite spread out, some of the things that I would suggest people do/see are out of the main city area, and public transport is...well, OK it's abysmal.

I grew up in the country so I love that Canberra is a quiet, smallish, clean city. We live in what is called in 'inner suburb' but yet we have bushland over our back fence and we pretty much have to go out of our way to run into the neighbours. The kids' school is 5 mins drive away, local shops are 2 mins (or 20 min walk of course), major shops less than 10 minutes drive, minimal traffic issues. Places like Sydney and Melbourne are great to visit, but I sure don't want to live there.

I too would love to do that epic road trip... or something similar.

OK, as I'm here I might as well get started on Thursday.

Food
                  B: apple, Greek yogurt, macadamias
                  L: leftover PB chicken and fennel stew with roasted pumpkin and eggplant
                  D: 2 yummilicious (of course it's a word!) little lamb chops, a little bit of mashed potato, broccoli, carrots, corn, beans (including the first of the season from my garden) aaaahhhhhhh
                  other: water, herbal teas, hot choc, 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil

Activity
                  30 mins walk

Summary
                  Yay me!
                  Last edited by ljq309; 12-15-2011, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Originality not your strong point?

Comment

Friday

Food
                      B: french 'toast' (grain free 'bread'), raspberries, blueberries, yogurt
                      L: slow cooked rosemary beef with a mountain of veg
                      D: PB Jambalaya with extra veg, baklava (hmmm, yes, wheaty filo but sugar and honey replacements only)
                      other: water, herbal teas, bubbles, hot chocolate

Activity
                      30 mins yoga

Summary
                      Pretty darn good, and get me some more bubbles PLEASE.

Had a big (silent) chuckle at the kids going back for seconds and thirds of the Jambalaya. They hate cauliflower, the eldest even saw me put it in the pot (I had processed it earlier when they were out of sight and earshot) and still did not know what it was, he guessed some sort of cheese...
                      Last edited by ljq309; 12-16-2011, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Saturday

Food
                        B: zucchini, carrot and an egg mixed up and fried in butter, bit of last night's leftovers (PB Jambalaya)
                        L: ceasar-ish salad
                        D: the OH's cooking night - kebabs - chicken and ginger, pork and veg with sweet and sour spicy sauce, salad. The kids both 'snuck' off and had some bread with their sausages...
                        other: water, herbal teas, bubbles

Activity
                        60 minute walk

Summary
                        Pretty darn good. I'm sure there were a few nasties in the OH's sauce but if he's going to cook I am not going to complain. Much...
                        Last edited by ljq309; 12-17-2011, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Sleepy Sunday? Not for me. A question - what does one do when one gets up early in the morning to find that the family (night owls) have left a massive mess in the kitchen (eg. the floor is sticky, the dishwasher is done but not emptied, the rubbish bin is full, the benches are a health hazard)? Answer - one makes a delicious breakfast, which one is not going to share, one makes a lot of noise cleaning the mess and one plans revenge. Oh... and one reports the rudeness to all corners of the world via internet.

Food
                          B: hash brown-ish thing - a little potato grated and mixed with an egg and salt and pepper, cooked in butter and served with smoked salmon and greek yogurt
                          L: leftover PB enchilada filling with cauli rice and some veg
                          D: taco filling in lettuce leaves
                          other: water, herbal teas, bubbles, 1/2 piece of banana choc brownies and 2 sesame crackers (one with almond spread - first time I've cooked each so testing...)

Activity
                          No exercise as such but I am going to mow the lawn = 45 mins of torture...ahhh exercise.

Summary
                          All good.
                          Last edited by ljq309; 12-18-2011, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Moooondaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy

Food
                            B: an apple, Greek yogurt, macadamias
                            L: ahhh... let's call it anti-sushi - nori sheets rolled up with avocado, smoked salmon, lettuce (the special leaves from MY garden) and a bit of wasabi paste (these are really good, give them a try, you can choose your own filling obviously)
                            D: Jamie Oliver's roast beef etc from the 30 Minute Meals book, minus the yorkies, tried to make them grain free but it was an epic fail, heaps of food anyway
                            other: water, herbal teas, tried a cracker (these are GOOD), and then had another cracker and then another, and then a hot chocolate, and then a couple of pieces of choc banana brownie..., teaspoon of coconut oil

Activity
                            30 mins yoga

Summary
                            Could do better!
                            Last edited by ljq309; 12-19-2011, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Tuesday, is it ONLY Tuesday???

Food
                              B: Greek yogurt, blueberries, raspberries, almonds
                              L: leftover provencal beef casserole with cauliflower, green beans (from the garden), carrots, snap peas
                              D: planning chicken kebabs flavoured with mustard and tarragon, carrot mash and leeks
                              other: herbal teas, coffee, water, hot chocolate (OK, I have this down to plain cocoa, water and a dash of cream), dates, couple of non-primal macadamia biscuits, little piece of dark chocolate, oh OK two little pieces, teaspoon of coconut oil

Activity
                              30 min walk

Summary
                              Can do better! I do better on days when I have a salady lunch with eggs and avocado... I wonder why that is, more fat perhaps.

Comment

Wednesday

Food
                                B: grated small potato and chopped leftover roast beef mixed with an egg and fried in butter, topped with a couple of spoons of greek yogurt
                                L: leftover mustard and tarragon chicken, carrot mash and leek with 2/3 avocado mashed
                                D: pork fillet with coleslaw
                                other: water, herbal tea, hot choc, almonds, macadamias

Activity
                                30 mins yoga

Summary
                                Arrrgggghhhhhh!
                                Last edited by ljq309; 12-21-2011, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X