No announcement yet.

One year and Change: my primal journey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah got off my lazy butt and began journaling... Thanks on the looking good!

Went out to the chiropractor today - b/c I've been dealing w/a low grade migraine since monday.. its just kinda there...on the way back to work I needed to get some gas. While getting gas I ran into a GLAMOUR FASHION DON'T! White sweatpants + Pink underwear + pregnancy = DO NOT TRY AT HOME OR IN PUBLIC outfit combination... I wanted to say something but the woman looked so miserable I figured she just didn't care any more (I remember that feeling w/ds - especially when I was on bedrest!)

so I'm still craving WHOLE CREAM... so I ran out to whole foods and picked up some clam chowder to accompany my smoked oysters and apple for lunch... I pretty much drank the cream, and picked out and ate the clams/bacon...left the potatoes to sit... I have NFC what's w/this craving...its so bizarre!!!
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

So I just heard back from the Endo at the VA... all my standard Cortisol tests are *NORMAL*... so I asked them what's next - can we look at my thyroid etc??? I got the cookie cutter response of your T4 and TSH are normal... its the *Gold Standard* for thyoid testing... y our thyroid is normal... why don't you just put the doughnut down and exercise???? or you could just be happy w/being obese WTF??? VA Endo is now fired, I told them uh...thanks for you time... you were a total waste of time... appreciate it..

Now to figure out if I'm gonna make a trip to see Dr Kruse or if I'll try the Holtorf group now that they have a Philly office (and that's only 2hrs away - basically a day trip!)

I've got to check the lowcarb docs, and paleo docs to see if I can find someone in the DC Metro area...

SW 190lb
      25 Sep 2011 160lbs
      1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
      GW ~135lbs
      5'3"
      Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

Comment

Originally posted by Shijin13 View Post
        Ok.. so I'm finally gonna get off my butt and journal... 1yr after I found primal/paleo woe! Better late than never...

SO I came into this after my 2nd pregnancy late last October... frustrated b/c I wasn't having any luck loosing weight... so I figured why not...

So here's a pic of me last year [ATTACH]4850[/ATTACH]

and here's where I'm at today
        [ATTACH]4851[/ATTACH]

I've still got some work to do...but progress is being made!

I'm finishing up the Leptin REset... I'm working on cortisol issues at the same time and I've finally seen some forward progress and I'm trying to get my workout groove back LHT and HIITs... I'm finally back down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 2 kids ago! YEAH! and in the past month I've lost an 1" off my hips and an 1" off my chest! Seems like my belly will be the last thing to go...

Today's kinda of crazy... slogging through the day w/a migraine...and getting together w/some girlfriends I haven't seen in several years!! Dinner tonight is Brisket, Salad and sweet
        potatoes...
        and here i thought your avatar was nommy. Rwar
        Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

*Blushes* thanks Q!!!! total ego boost... DH may just get lucky tonight!

SW 190lb
          25 Sep 2011 160lbs
          1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
          GW ~135lbs
          5'3"

Comment

Wow - you are so brave to post pix! You DO look great and I am bowing down to Shijin13!
            We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Shanster View Post
              Wow - you are so brave to post pix! You DO look great and I am bowing down to Shijin13!
              It took me a yr to grab my ovaries and post those pics!!! in all the pictures of the past year its mostly me hiding behind 2 kids, the couch, the dog... or I'm the one taking the pictures... makes it easier to stomach how I look if I don't have to see the proof... denial its not a river in Egypt! its a state of mind! of which I'm trying to escape from...

SW 190lb
              25 Sep 2011 160lbs
              1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
              GW ~135lbs
              5'3"

Comment

It took me a yr to grab my ovaries and post those pics!!! in all the pictures of the past year its mostly me hiding behind 2 kids, the couch, the dog... or I'm the one taking the pictures... makes it easier to stomach how I look if I don't have to see the proof... denial its not a river in Egypt! its a state of mind! of which I'm trying to escape from...
                At least you let people take pictures of you. I still have trouble with that. I just really don't like looking at myself in pictures.

In regards to the heavy cream cravings, I've had that a couple of times since going primal. I think I may try to make a brocolli cheese soup with heavy cream this weekend. That sounds good.
                Georgette

Comment

Originally posted by geostump View Post
                  At least you let people take pictures of you. I still have trouble with that. I just really don't like looking at myself in pictures.

In regards to the heavy cream cravings, I've had that a couple of times since going primal. I think I may try to make a brocolli cheese soup with heavy cream this weekend. That sounds good.
                  as for the pictures... how do you say no to a 3yo who just wants to take mommy's picture... I can't disappoint her...

As for the cream cravings... I wonder what I'm missing nutrition wise

BTW my lunch was perfect but I was so effin hungry I was a cranky Bitch while I was getting dinner ready...almost like I was crashing off of sugar...

dinner was eggsalad over mixed greens and left over brisket... and some yogurt yum I was still hungry when I was done w/dinner but I sucked it up....

This was my Workout tonight....BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv

I'm finally winding down and I'm thinking I'm going to get in bed early tonight!

SW 190lb
                  25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                  1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                  GW ~135lbs
                  5'3"

Comment

off to a good start this morning...even thought the boy was up and wanted to play last night (he could have been sleep crawling - his big sister sleep walks) ... I eventually got him to sleep w/o nursing him! Whoot no drama either!

got up just after 545 or so...took the dog for a walk... got back home, got the kids up, while DH showered...handed off the kid to dh then I took a shower and got ready.

I had an egg cup (3eggs, sausage, tomato, spinach & a bit of cheese) and a chicken mango sausage from TJoes and some decaff coffee w/some coconut "Crack" creamer... I didn't eat my BAB w/in 30 min... its hard to do in the am on weekdays - but at least I had some premade bkfst tidbits...that are yummy

I feel really good after last nights work out... I forgot to mention at the conclusion of my w/o I did some kettle bell swings w/a 25lb weight... felt good too... my next piece of equipment I want to get is this: Dip Bar, Dip Stand, Dip Station, Dip Machine

SW 190lb
                    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                    GW ~135lbs
                    5'3"

Comment

*Blushes* thanks Q!!!! total ego boost... DH may just get lucky tonight!
                      One does ones best
                      Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                      Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                      Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Had a meeting to dh and a financial planner to go over our life insurance needs etc... and they guy got called out of town on a family emergency (bummer for him) and forgot to call me to reschedule...oh well... I got to have lunch w/dh BY OURSELVES W/O KIDDOS!!! We went to ruby tuesdays - I had 2 mini burgers (no bun) and the salad bar... very good meal

Wondering what the rest of the day will bring... got to sit down and work on reviewing a few things for my next meeting...

SW 190lb
                        25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                        1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                        GW ~135lbs
                        5'3"

Comment

*HEAD - DESK* *HEAD- DESK* *HEAD-DESK* uggghhhhhhh

I'm going home to pick up the kiddos from daycare... I've had enough for the day....

SW 190lb
                          25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                          1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                          GW ~135lbs
                          5'3"

Comment

*HEAD - DESK* *HEAD- DESK* *HEAD-DESK* uggghhhhhhh

I'm going home to pick up the kiddos from daycare... I've had enough for the day....
                            I guess after lunch with the hubs, the day took a spill?
                            Georgette

Comment

Originally posted by geostump View Post
                              I guess after lunch with the hubs, the day took a spill?
                              Either that or someone installed low-rider shocks in her desk

~rc

Comment

Originally posted by sixpack-rc View Post
                                Either that or someone installed low-rider shocks in her desk

~rc
                                That could be painful too.
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X