No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Misabi)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup, rump is tasty, with a nice strip of juicy fat :-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• i dont like the fat that much. i know i should but i would rather cut it off or render it into gravy. i dont mind fat if it has gone crunchy, like crackling but soggy fat doesnt do it for me at all. i can eat butter neat so it isnt a fat phobia thing either.

Comment

• Sacrilege! I do old the steak so the fat gets crispy on the outside and juicy inside. I like the almost buttery flavour.
        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• maybe i am just cooking it wrong but i like my steaks rare. that is also poss why i dont like ribeye. it's sorta buttery but not. which is not buttery enough for me!

Comment

• As it's the end of my 2nd week into the steak and eggs experiment, I thought I'd put up some update shots:

Starting pics as of the 02/05/13:

18/05/13:

02/05/13

18/05/13

No major difference, but I've lost just over 1/2" off my waist, while maintaining chest/arm size.
            Last edited by Misabi; 05-18-2013, 01:35 AM.

Comment

• Tomorrow marks the end of week 3.
              Last night's workout was good, up to 3 sets of weighted pull-ups with 20kg: 7/7/6 from 3 sets of 4 a month ago.

Will measure and add update pics tomorrow.

Comment

• Today's the end of week 3 for me.
                I've made gains in strength (have increased my weighted pull-ups from 3 sets of 3 @ 20kg to 7/7/6 @20kg) but felt like. my conditioning had suffered a little. At least it did today, but that's most likely due to my last refeed being last Thursday (it's Sat AM here now).

I pushed my refeed back this week as a) I was feeling good and b) have a family gathering today, so it made sense).

This morning I thought I'd bust out an old favourite "Tabata something else", tabatas (work 20 secs, rest 10 secs, then repeat) of pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups and squats. You add up the total number of all the exercises you manage to do for a total score.

Today I thought i had scored 150, which compared to the 275 I scored the last time I did this in January is pretty poor. But I've just looked at my math again at it looks like it was my mental function which was really impaired! I actually scored 270, so not too shabby.

Will be interesting to repeat it after a good refeed.

I'm a little bloated and gassy this morning, most likely due to a whey and milk shake I had last night to make up for not having enough beef. Yesterday morning my waist measured 29 2/8" at the narrowest and 30" at the navel (I never know where to measure it), with chest and arms maintaining. But this morning my waist is back up 1/2".

Comment

• Week 3 updates:

18/05/13:

24/05/13:

02/05/13

18/05/13

24/05/13:

Comment

• Whoa! Huge jump between week 2 and week 3 in the ab definition! Good job.
                    ------
                    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Thanks, but to be honest I think it's as much the effects of the different lighting and posture as anything :-)

I also need to start doing some ab specific work to build them up a bit to really make them pop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Misabi View Post

I also need to start doing some ab specific work to build them up a bit to really make them pop.

V-Cut RIPPED 6-Pack Abs Killer Workout "Be a 10 in 2010" - YouTube

Ultimate CORE Workout Targeting Lower Abs & Obliques "Be a 10 in 2010" - YouTube

I am sure you already have exercises but I've been rotating the above 2 routines, the p90x ab ripper x, and pilates moves I remember from dance class (basically 3 different routines per week).
                        ------
                        HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Thanks, always good to add more to the rotation. I find ild school roman chair sit-ups are fantastic for the upper abs and with added weight my abs respond really well. Hanging leg raises etc for lower abs. I'm just lazy :-)

Comment

• 3 days of SAE to go and the start of my tropical holiday, and I've come down with a stinking cold. At least I'm hoping it's a cold and not the flu that's doing the rounds.

Just watched the BBC Horizon doco on the Atkins diet. Had some interesting points and good to show to anyone worried about cholesterol levels as a result of eating animal fats. Although the doco showed evidence that Dr Atkins' diet helped people lose weight and improve their blood lipids, some of the experts at the end were still anti on the basis that we people haven't been eating a diet high in protein and low in carbs for long enough to know the long term effects (and that was from the more sensible sounding of the two).

All in all, worth a watch I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epxp_Viq484&sns=em

Comment

• Tomorrow will be the last day of my 4 weeks SAE experiment.

I found the first week most challenging, after the first refeed it was a breeze sticking with it.

I have mainly ate rump steak @ NZ$10 to $13/kg (it goes without saying that it's grass fed here, just lucky!), with ground beef ($10/kg) for two meals and lamb steaks for a couple ($10/kg). Free range eggs throughout, which has been the biggest expense @ least $6/doz eating 12/day.

So eating SAE 6 days a week costs approx $72 (3kg of meat @ an avg of $12/kg = $36 plus another $36 for my eggs), plus whatever I ate on the refeed days.

Tale of the tape this morning, waist at the narrowest point 29 2/8", at the navel 30 2/8". No loss if mass from chest or arms have So even with doing essentially no exercise since Saturday fat has continued to drop.

If really like to get to my inlaws to use their scales before I go on holiday, but may not have time :-(

I haven't weighed myself since I started SAE.

Comment

• Week 4 and final update and pics
                                I'm 5' 9" (no change there, another coupla inches would be nice &#128540. 4 weeks ago I weighed 73.5 kg, with a 31" waist and a 42" chest.

As of this morning I have lost exactly 1 inch off my waist (29" at narrowest point, 30" at the navel), but maintained my chest at 42". I've also put approx 1/2" on my arms.

I also haven't worked out at all this week. I'm looking forward to eating a variety if various foods over the next couple if weeks, then will probably give this another go, this time concentrating more in my training.

Thanks for the inspiration Canuck!

18/05/13:

24/05/13:

01/06/13
                                Last edited by Misabi; 05-31-2013, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X