No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Misabi)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the open division I won my 1st match by submission a couple of mins in with a cross lapel choke, though I had a couple of kilos on him.

2nd match was lost on points to a guy 13kg and 16 years younger, who also got gold in his weight division. Almost got him with lapel choke too, but he managed to get out of it. When we chatted after the match he said it was the hardest match of the day and I was a strong little bastard.

Apparently all the KB work and towel pull ups has done its work on my grips
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Congrats on the new job and the competition!

You win or you learn - I like it. Applicable to a lot of things in life.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Thanks folks
          If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• 2014 is not turning it to be my year as far as injuries go. Pretty much the worst year I can remember.

Finally got over my lower back issues a few months ago only to have issues with my upper back/neck a few weeks ago. Was feeling good and strong last week and planning on getting stuck back into my strength training this week... Only trouble is I managed to screw it all up again at the weekend.

Thought I'd pulled my groin or hip on Saturday, then thought I'd had aggravated my lower back again on Sunday. Turns out to be an inguinal hernia with pain now referring to my scrotum, thigh, hip and kidney. Ultrasound confirmed it today, now awaiting referral for surgery.

Fuck I can't wait for this year to be over.
            Last edited by Misabi; 09-18-2014, 03:07 AM.

Comment

• Finally had my hernia repaired, 10 weeks after it happening.

The surgeon said the procedure went as well as it can and that if made a great recovery overnight (the op was on Monday night), letting me go home Tuesday morning. I was up and walking laps of the ward within 2 hrs of waking from the general anesthetic.

They sent me home with a bag full of pills, but I've been taking as little as i can get away with. The only drug I'm taking as frequently as prescribed is the anti-inflammatory. I haven't touched the tramadol since Tuesday, don't want to go down that track unless it's absolutely necessary.

Don't want to speak to soon, but all in all it is feeling pretty good.

Don't know if it's because i was in good general condition anyway (certainly better than most of the overweight and unfit patients my surgeon said he normally deals with), the guided imagery and affirmation mp3 I've been listening to prepare for the surgery, or the large doses of vit c I've taken post surgery that have made the most difference. (I've read about how the body loses a lot of its vit c during surgery and how large doses can help reduce the amount of opiod pain meds needed)

I don't know if it was the general anesthetic or the morphine afterwards that did it, but i couldn't focus my eyes well enough to read my phone for a good 16 hrs after the surgery.

Here's looking forward to getting back up and running ASAP (though i may have underestimated how long it will take, I had planned on being back at work today..), I've really missed by KB training and not doing bjj has been driving me crazy!

As part of my pre surgical tests i had the check my Cholesterol and a bunch of other blood tests done a few weeks ago (and a few weeks after my hernia happened).

I'm not sure what impact the injury, the resulting disrupted sleep and lack of exercise for a few weeks would have had, but they'll make a good benchmark for me to compare to in a few months.

Comment

• Glad to hear the surgery went well, and your recovery is moving right along!

Comment

• Thanks doc.
                  It's feeling pretty good this week, mainly just clothing irritating the incision scars since the dressings came off on Monday, but also bruising running from the larger of the 3 holes (for the camera) to the next scar and it still feeling like i received a pretty good kick the the bollocks a day or two ago.

The hernia repair itself actually feels ok now, unless i do something stupid like trying to lift something heavy. "Heavy" has now progressed from being the weight of a decent mug of coffee to 5kg plus

Comment

Working...
                  X