Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Misabi)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yesterday's workout:

    100 swings @ 24kg in 7:27
    10xt, 5xL 5XR, 5xL 5XR, 5xL 5XR, 5xL 5XR, 10XL, 10xR, 10XL, 10xR, 10xt,

    5 x GU @ 24KG in 10:27

    Swings felt a bit stronger and the 2 handed swings (ie. 10xt) actually felt really light. Get ups were a little wobbly for the last couple but feeling good.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

    Originally posted by tfarny
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

    Comment


    • This week's been light as I had a couple of days mid week away for work, so only 1 bjj sesh and a 2nd kb yesterday.

      100 x swings @ 24kg
      (all 1 handed alternating left and right).
      5 getups @ 24 kg
      (still feeling wobbly for the last couple, probably still rushing them a little)

      My 16kg bell is now looking very lonely as it's no longer used
      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

      Originally posted by tfarny
      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

      Comment


      • 02/03/14
        100x 1h swings @ 24kg 7:16
        5 x GU @ 24KG 8:57

        Felt awesome on the swings today. Maybe it was all the steak and eggs from this week or perhaps the coffee with gelatin, 85% lindt chocolate, maple syrup and cinnamon just before the workout?!
        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

        Originally posted by tfarny
        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

        Comment


        • Warmup and 100 x kb swings were good tonight. Swings felt strong, but really wasn't feeling the getups so backed off and just practiced the first half a few times.

          Had to work indoors as it was wet and windy this evening. Was a little cramped for the GUs which made me a little uncomfortable.
          If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

          Originally posted by tfarny
          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

          Comment


          • Hope things are going well for ya... those kb workout sound killer..

            Comment


            • Thanks doc.

              I managed to tweak my back again a couple of nights ago (doing bjj not KBs), feeling better today so just about to give the KBs a whirl and see
              If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

              Originally posted by tfarny
              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

              Comment


              • Swings were OK, right handed felt much stronger than left, with no back pain on the right swings and a slight twine on the last couple of left handed sets.

                Get ups were better than last time but still not great. Looks like I'll be on 24kg for a while

                Overall though, my back felt good. Just need to see how it holds up at bjj later today now.
                If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

                Originally posted by tfarny
                If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

                Comment


                • We only did drills yesterday at bjj in prep for an upcoming grading, so my back was fine.

                  The left handed swings were better today, really concentrating on driving the hips to throw the bell up, which seems harder when I'm using my left.

                  Getups were much more solid today and surprisingly better with my left (which is my strong arm, whereas my right is my stronger arm ).
                  If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

                  Originally posted by tfarny
                  If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

                  Comment


                  • Update: my back is totally poked and has been giving me lots of trouble this week, getting so bad I had to take painkillers to get some sleep last night.

                    My physio says I've got a twisted vertebra and a bulging disc, so I've been on total rest since weds arvo. Monday to weds morning I'd been carrying my 40kg dog in and out of the house because he's decided he couldn't walk anymore, but since the vet couldn't find anything wrong and called him out for lying the little punk has been running around like normal again!

                    So no doing KBs or BJJ until the physio gives me the ok, which will be at least Monday.

                    Still going to watch my bjj classes to try and keep my hand in and you can actually learn just add much watching from the side lines as you don't have to concentrate on replicating what you're being shown.

                    Really hoping I can recover in the next couple of weeks add ice for a KB workshop at the end of the month.
                    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

                    Originally posted by tfarny
                    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                      Update: my back is totally poked and has been giving me lots of trouble this week, getting so bad I had to take painkillers to get some sleep last night.

                      My physio says I've got a twisted vertebra and a bulging disc, so I've been on total rest since weds arvo. Monday to weds morning I'd been carrying my 40kg dog in and out of the house because he's decided he couldn't walk anymore, but since the vet couldn't find anything wrong and called him out for lying the little punk has been running around like normal again!

                      So no doing KBs or BJJ until the physio gives me the ok, which will be at least Monday.

                      Still going to watch my bjj classes to try and keep my hand in and you can actually learn just add much watching from the side lines as you don't have to concentrate on replicating what you're being shown.

                      Really hoping I can recover in the next couple of weeks add ice for a KB workshop at the end of the month.
                      Ouch, thats rough, you may be out for longer than you think, depending on the serverity of the bulge, I could barely walk for two weeks when I first done mine, and I was recommended to walk as much as possible to keep moving, actually getting me shoes on was more grief than walking, so....hopefully yours isn't too bad, so you can get back into it sooner rather later!

                      Me copy of S&S has turned up, simple by definition you could say, not so sure if some of it is in practice....might try and incorperate it into my currant routine, be a while before I'm doing 32kg get ups though I can tell you....

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                        Ouch, thats rough, you may be out for longer than you think, depending on the serverity of the bulge, I could barely walk for two weeks when I first done mine, and I was recommended to walk as much as possible to keep moving, actually getting me shoes on was more grief than walking, so....hopefully yours isn't too bad, so you can get back into it sooner rather later!

                        Me copy of S&S has turned up, simple by definition you could say, not so sure if some of it is in practice....might try and incorperate it into my currant routine, be a while before I'm doing 32kg get ups though I can tell you....
                        Yeah, hopefully it's not that bad. The problem is instead of just testing up when I first felt the pain I busy carried on working through it thinking it was just a tweaked muscle (Thanks mr chiro)

                        I'd strongly recommend that you just give S&S a go for a couple if weeks and you'll be surprised how quickly you advance. But if you can't pause your other strength training for a while, just work a couple of days if S&S into your week will also be of benefit.
                        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

                        Originally posted by tfarny
                        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

                        Comment


                        • Made a spicy seafood stew least night with canned Salmon, mussels, tomatoes and various herbs, spices, squeeze of lime and a splash of tabasco.

                          Recycled the leftovers for breakfast and threw 5 eggs on top to make a kind of Shashuka

                          If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

                          Originally posted by tfarny
                          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                            Yeah, hopefully it's not that bad. The problem is instead of just testing up when I first felt the pain I busy carried on working through it thinking it was just a tweaked muscle (Thanks mr chiro)
                            That chiro sounds a bit of a star, not!

                            Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                            I'd strongly recommend that you just give S&S a go for a couple if weeks and you'll be surprised how quickly you advance. But if you can't pause your other strength training for a while, just work a couple of days if S&S into your week will also be of benefit.
                            Trying to do a couple of days aroung my currant stuff is the plan, I thought I'd ease into it Saturday by doing the 'light' workout, as I got a bit of twinge around my left hip area (back related), with 20kg swings and 16kg get ups, swings - no dramas, 100 in 4 minutes 10 secs, get ups - Jesus H Pussyfoot the III, I didn't realise my body held that much sweat, took about 20 minutes or so, because each get up takes about 2 minutes, and I had to pause a couple of times as well to dry the floor....'light', pigs arse!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                              That chiro sounds a bit of a star, not!



                              Trying to do a couple of days aroung my currant stuff is the plan, I thought I'd ease into it Saturday by doing the 'light' workout, as I got a bit of twinge around my left hip area (back related), with 20kg swings and 16kg get ups, swings - no dramas, 100 in 4 minutes 10 secs, get ups - Jesus H Pussyfoot the III, I didn't realise my body held that much sweat, took about 20 minutes or so, because each get up takes about 2 minutes, and I had to pause a couple of times as well to dry the floor....'light', pigs arse!
                              Lol Yep, simple certainly doesn't mean easy

                              Good going on the swings though. 2 or 1 hand swings? Or a mix?
                              If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

                              Originally posted by tfarny
                              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                                Lol Yep, simple certainly doesn't mean easy

                                Good going on the swings though. 2 or 1 hand swings? Or a mix?
                                Lol, your not wrong there, done a mixture of swings, alternated 20 two handed then 10 left then 10 right one handed till the 100 was achieved, plan to up the one handers next time round!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X