No announcement yet.

A grok in trainings thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just have not felt like cooking and have had another day experimenting with primal smothies

Breakfast: Protein smoothie(whey protein,coconut milk, spinach, carrot puree, mixed berries some ice and water)
    Snack: Almonds, and I had a few fried green beans
    Lunch:Another smoothie(whey protein, avocado, berries, coconut milk, some ice and some water)
    Dinner: spaghetti squash, spaghetti sauce(canned tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, garlic, olive oil, ground beef, salt pepper, basil, butter, mushrooms)
    Drinks: water, green tea

Supplements:
    Emergen-c
    NAC
    fish oil
    Garlic
    1/2 multivitamin

Notes: I really just did not feel like cooking, but today was pretty good

Comment

Breakfast: coconut milk yogurt, berries, almonds and walnuts
      Lunch: coconut milk yogurt, berries, small bowl of black bean soup, acocado slices
      Dinner: Collard greens simmered with onions and garlic, steak
      Drinks: green tea water
      Supplements: NAC, garlic, fish oil, emergen-c, multivitamin

Notes: I was wondering what the general though on beans and legumes is, I don't experience any problems when I eat them, but I know they are not primal. I guess ocassionally is not bad(kinda like diary), but they should not be a main source of protein. I also discovered I love coconut milk kefir and yogurt, I am thinking of trying my hand at making my own, it might be fun to learn. I think I will avoid any more legumes, I am trying to be 80/20 this holiday season

Comment

It's been over two weeks since I last posted well here is how today went

Breakfast:scrambled eggs, nitrate free sausage
        Lunch: tuna salad(canned tuna, mayonnaise, lemon juice), cucumber slice "crackers", avocado, cherry tomatoes
        Snack: Almonds
        Dinner: broiled salmon(with spices), steamed asparagus
        Late night: coconut milk kefir
        Drinks: green tea, water

Supplements:
        fish oil
        garlic
        NAC
        emergen-c lite

WOD: elliptical(20 min), jillian michaels six week six pack, push-ups

Comment

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, nitrate free sausage
          Lunch: skipped
          Snack: almonds, cucumber slices, tomato slices, bell pepper slices
          Dinner: ribeye steak, kale and collard greens simmered with onions, garlic, and parsley
          drinks: green tea, water, herbal tea
          Supplements:
          NAC
          Emergen-c lite
          Garlic
          Fish oil

WOD: 20 min elliptical, Jilian michaels yoga(a good beginner body weight workout)

Notes: I think my body is in shock, I slacked off big time over the last two weeks or so,(mainly primal, but a ton of little cheats an no exercise) I just cut way back on carbs and started working out again, and I feel sore.

Comment

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, nitrate-free bacon, tomato and avocado salad (with olive oil)
            Lunch:skipped
            Snack: almond, cucumber and bell pepper salad(with olive oil for dressing)
            Dinner: Roasted skin on chicken, steamed broccoli
            Drinks: water, green tea, herbal tea
            Supplements: fish oil, vitamin c with msm, NAC, Garlic, multivitamin(pill cut in half)

Other stuff: This marks the first holiday season where I did not gain weight, I admit christmas eve and christmas were huge pig-outs, but overall my binging is under control now.

Comment

12/27/11
              Breakfast:scrambled eggs, nitrate-free bacon, avocado slices
              Lunch:Skipped(was not hungry)
              Snack: almonds, pecans,cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper slices, drizzled in olive oil and lemon juice
              Dinner:Roasted chicken, steamed brussel sprouts
              Snack: Kimchi

Supplements:
              fish oil
              vitamin c with msm
              NAC
              garlic

WOD:30 minutes elliptical
              Last edited by RachelW; 12-28-2011, 01:22 AM.

Comment

12/28,
                Breakfast: Skipped
                Lunch: tuna salad(with homemade mayonnaise) greek salad(cucumber, tomato, onion, olives, bell pepper), olive oil and vinegar
                Snack: almonds and pecans
                Dinner: baked salmon, steamed asparagus
                Late night:coconut milk kefir
                Drinks: water, herbal tea
                Supplements:
                NAC
                Emergen-c
                garlic
                fish oil

WOD: 30 minutes elliptical, body weight squats, push ups, and planks

Comment

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, nitrate free bacon(cooked in coconut oil)
                  Lunch: Primal "sushi" rolls (avocado, cucumber, green onions and smoked salmon wraped in nori sheets)
                  Snack: Almonds
                  Dinner: sirloin steak, ceasar salad with home made dressing

Drinks: green tea, water, herbal tea

Supplements
                  Fish oil
                  NAC
                  Garlic

Other stuff: four days primal and I already feel better!

Comment

Breakfast: ceasar salad(the leftover dressing and lettuce with tomatoes)
                    Lunch/snacks:almonds, a clementine, primal sushi
                    Dinner: jerked pork tenderloin, avocado and cucumber salad, kimchi

Drinks: Green tea, water

Supplements
                    Emergen-c lite
                    Fish oil

other stuff: I need to look into getting more fat in my diet.

Comment

Today looked like most of my other days breakfast was eggs and nitrate free sausage, I skipped lunch, had some almonds as a snack, and for dinner I had more primal-style sushi. I ate more fruit than what I would have liked too(an apple, two small clementines, and 6 strawberries), I also had a bit of 70% chocolate to celebrate. I also had a few broiled hot wings, I tried not to obsess over food and just enjoy the company of my family. Well Happy New Year!!
                      Last edited by RachelW; 12-31-2011, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Happy New Year! My resolution is to get serious about eating primally now that my binge eating problems are under control, I also want to make it a point to do some sort of exercise everyday(I have been a serious couch potato)

For 1/1/12
                        Breakfast: scrambled eggs, nitrate free bacon
                        Lunch: Salmon sashimi with cucumber and avocado salad
                        Dinner:Beef stir-fryed with zuchinni slices, bragg liquid aminos, green onions, and garlic, tomato and mint salad with olive oil and vinegar dressing
                        Snack: almonds

WOD: body weight squat variations

Supplements:
                        Fish oil
                        garlic
                        NAC
                        vitamin c with MSM

Drinks: green tea, herbal tea, water

Comment

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, blackberry avocado and clementine salad
                          Lunch: seaweed roll-ups,(zuchinni, cucumber, green onion and carrot rolled up in a nori sheet) a bit of teriyaki sauce for dipping, roasted chicken
                          Dinner: beef bulgogi(beef, lettuce, soy sauce, kimchi, hot pepper paste, green onions)
                          Supplements:
                          fish oil
                          Emergen-c lite with msm
                          WOD: 30 min elliptical
                          I am no longer restricting my fruit and vegetable intake (for the time being), as I noticed being too strict has triggered binges in the past. Now that I have finally started to get binging under control, my focus is now healthy eating(within the primal blueprint), so lots of berries, veggies, cocnut oil and meat. So far the new year is off to a good start, now if I could only remember to write in my journal everyday!

Comment

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, 2 clementines
                            Lunch: Tuna salad wrapped in lettuce(with olive oil and vinegar instead of mayonnaise)
                            Snack: almonds
                            Dinner: sauteed salmon, avocado and cucumber salad with lemon juice and olive oil dressing, broiled chicken wings

Supplements:
                            fish oil
                            emergen-c lite
                            msm

WOD 30 minutes elliptical

I feel better, I am not going to stress out over taking my weight or measurements daily (that can drive a person crazy), but take them 2-3 times a month. The binge eating patterns could return if I am not careful, so my main focus now is avoiding a relapse, in another month or so, I will see how things are going and then enter a ketosis level (40 g of carbohydrate or fewer). Right now 1700-2200 cal and 100 or fewer carbohydrates is working for me.

Comment

Breakfast: omelette(3 eggs, chopped onion and spices cooked in coconut oil)
                              Lunch: skipped and snacked on almonds(a handful), beef jerky, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber slices
                              Dinner: Sauteed pork chops(2 4oz chops), avocado slices with lemon juice

Supplements:
                              NAC
                              Garlic
                              Fish oil
                              Vitamin c with msm
                              Calcium

Comment

My day was my usual eggs for breakfast, salad for lunch, protein for dinner. I think my body is finally starting to recover from the effects of binging, and at the risk of TMI my period was cramp free, and I decided to have a scoop(around a quarter cup) of coconut milk green tea ice cream, again no cramps bloating(I think my body likes it more than regular ice cream). I cheated and had a clif bar today as a snack(I know, I should not have bought it), and my body suddenly reverted back to it's usual hot bloated mess that it usually is during that time of the month. If there is any time to be primal it would be during my period(no cramps, mood swings, or bloat).

Comment

Working...
                                X