Shanster's gone primal...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11/11/11

30 min walk with dogs and husband in the AM... cleaned horse pens and goat pens for probably 2 hrs....

B: 3 eggs with musrooms, orange pepper, spinach and 4 strips of bacon, coffee with goat milk

L: not hungry til 3pm... had a cup of full fat yogurt and some cut up strawberries

D: Experimental pizza #3... Cauliflower crust - we both really liked this one! Best one so far... had pepparoni and mushrooms for topping along with red sauce
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

11/12/11

B: 3 eggs with mushrooms, orange pepper, spinach, 1/2 avocado and 4 strips bacon, coffee with goat milk

Went to an agility workshop from 11:30 - 2pm... used my brain and ran around some

L: 2 pieces left over cauliflower crust pizza

3X12 knee pushups
      3X30 full squats
      3X30 seconds knee plank

Need to increase... my muscles aren't sore after this anymore. Exciting! Still need to work in the pull-ups....

D: porkloin butterflied and jelly-rolled up with apples/cinnamon on the inside roasted with a side o' brussel sprouts in butter with some almond slivers on top 2 glasses wine and 2 squares 72% chocolate
      Last edited by Shanster; 11-13-2011, 04:37 PM.
      We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

11/13/11

B: 3 eggs, orange pepper, mushrooms, spinach, 1/2 avocado, 4 strips bacon, coffee with goat milk

No lunch - so full!

D: my husbands incredible spaghetti sauce... tomato sauce and paste, sausage, butter, garlic, spices, goat cheese - cooked all day long - smells so good!.... trying it over spaghetti squash.... beer right now and will have a glass of red wine with dinner.

Comment

11/14/11

Walk with dogs and husband... this week is a meteor shower... on the 17th I think....looking forward to that!

B: 2 ham/egg cups, 1/2 C full fat, plain yogurt

30 min walk at lunch....

L: large bowl 3 cups? fish chowder, pear

9X25 second sprint workout... I try for 30 seconds but seem to always shut down with 5 seconds left on my watch timer! Added an extra one for good measure....

D: green salad with mushrooms, red pepper, carrot and 1/2 chix breast

Agility class - difficult concepts! Weaves. *shaking head*

got home and had glass of wine and 2 squares 72% chocolate
          Last edited by Shanster; 11-15-2011, 10:39 AM.

Comment

ok...lets see your pics : ) you can post them If I CAN
            The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
            What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
            SW 190lb
            Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
            25 Sep 2011 160lbs
            1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
            GW ~135lbs
            5'3"
            Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

I will, I will! I want to take comparison pix first week of Dec before I post... and I hope there looks like there is a difference! At least it's motivation to keep up with the primal essential movement workouts 2x a week!

Comment

try throwing in some bodyrock.tv you'll see some amazing strength gains if you couple some of the workouts w/ the LHT...
                The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
                What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
                SW 190lb
                Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
                25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                GW ~135lbs
                5'3"
                Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

11/15/11

One of "those" days today. Woke up on the wrong side of the bed... we are refinancing the house to a 15yr but it's been a very exhausting, frustrating and maddening process. MADDENING! We close tomorrow. Think this is what is contributing to the mood.

B: 3 ham/egg cups, coffee with goat milk

3 squares 72% chocolate with blueberries in it... trying to work myself out of the "funk"

D: chix breast with my husbands incredible, better than sex pasta sauce and some mozz cheese with a green salad... 2 glasses of wine... 4 squares o' chocolate (bad day = emotional eating)
                  Last edited by Shanster; 11-16-2011, 07:52 AM.

Comment

11/16/11

MUCH better mood today!
                    AM walk with dogs and husband...

B: 2 eggs, spinach, orange pepper, 4 strips bacon, coffee with goat milk

45 min walk at lunch time

L: slice of pork loin that was butterflied and rolled up around some apples/cinnamon, green salad, 1/4 C almonds

5x12 knee pushups
                    5x30 full squats
                    5x40 seconds knee plank

D: steak, 1/2 sweet potato, parsnip fries, 2 glasses red wine, 2 squares 80% chocolate
                    Last edited by Shanster; 11-17-2011, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Hi! *waves*
                      you are a MUCH better journallar (is that a word?) than I - I enjoyed reading your journal - much more dedicated than I am
                      my dessert of choice is 85% chocolate as well, I love that after cutting out sugar, dark chocolate tastes amazing!
                      I need to post some pics on my thread - I have an old one from this summer I think for a start...and I'll have to take a new one for my two month.

keep up the good work - and the good mood!
                      pbj
                      my info:

If you can't tell the truth about yourself, you can't tell it about other people --- Virginia Woolf

My journal

Comment

11/17/11

AM walk with dogs and husband....

I bumped up my essential workout by 2 sets.... STILL not sore. I think this means I better get to it! grin. But cool that I could do 5 reps vs. 3 with not much struggle! This must mean improvement! Functional Strength!

Wearing some pants that used to be "pinchy pants"... they are loose and I have saggy crotch/ass pants now!

B: 3 eggs with peppers and spinach, coffee and goat milk

L: Didn't bring lunch ... will fast today til dinner. I can't seem to fast comfortably much longer than that.... but I'm not sweatin' it at this point.

*update* so much for fasting... co-workers wanted to go to lunch and I actually really LIKE my co-workers so I went along in the name of team bonding... Olive Garden... ate salad, picked out croutons and pointed the breadsticks elsewhere! They sure smelled good tho'! Water to drink....

D: spaghetti squash with husbands killer sauce. glass o' bubbly cuz we finally closed... glass o' red wine... 2 squares 72% chocolate...
                        Last edited by Shanster; 11-18-2011, 09:43 AM.

Comment

11/18/11
                          AM walk with husband and puppy gogs...

B: 2 ham/egg cups, 3 slices bacon

L: Will try fasting today instead! Didn't bring lunch... need to run errands at lunch...post office and get a blood draw to check vitamin B levels... which were super super low pre-primal... bet they aren't anymore. grin.

Snack of handful o walnut halves

2x30 knee pushups .. First set hard but ok second set had to rest a few seconds after 15, 19, 23, 27 but I got it done!
                          2x60 full squats ... Same ...first set ok, second had to rest a second here and there
                          2x1.5 minutes knee plank

D: cauliflower pizza with pepparoni mushroom

Beer wine
                          Last edited by Shanster; 11-18-2011, 07:43 PM.

Comment

11/19/11

Husband didn't want to walk this morning but I talked him into it... grin. Was a nice walk...

B: 3 strips o' bacon... 2 egg muffins (eggs with peppers cooked in muffin tin) coffee with goat milk

agility training with my dawg....

L: full fat plain yogurt with some strawberries... brussel sprouts.... hard boiled eggs

Comment

11/29/11

Wow - took a week off the ol' journal bandwagon! Ate very much the same as above... Monday I fasted for lunch cuz I like to fast for the day I do my sprink work out. By the time I got home (late - from work and running an errand) I had time to sprint but once I was back in the house, I had to leave in 20 min for an agility class... so I really FASTED... when I got home from class it was late - like 9:30pm so I just had water and went to bed. I woke up in the night with a growling stomach and found it difficult to sleep being that hungry. Not sure I cared for it but it was an interesting experience!

I went to lunch with co-workers the next day to a hot wings place... had wings and salad ....probably not the best primal with the hot sauce and blue cheese dressing and who knows what sort of oil the wings were fried in... Shrug.

Thanksgiving was fine - my sister brought chocolate cake. My husband had a slice and I ate 3 or 4 bites of his piece. It was good but not really any different from the dark chocolate squares we have at night ... I didn't NEED more flour or sugar really. Two people brought potato dishes... know other root veggies are better, however, I had a little of each dish with no ill effect. Mainly ate green salad, asparagus, yam/sweet potato dish and turkey.

I did a lot of slow moving - walking and horseback riding and dog training etc. - ended up skipping my two primal essential movement workouts last week... with the added busyness and/or lazyness of days off etc. Find I really need routine! But my husband brought home a pull up bar for me that goes in the doorframe so I will try it out this week!

I did eat a block of cheese one day - I really love cheese - and I had some extra dark chocolate squares - sort of indulgences of being home and disrupted routine I think. But as this is a journey - didn't get too upset with myself or feel like I cheated or anything.

Yesterday went to lunch with co-workers... Mexican place. I ordered a shredded beef burrito with avocado... ate the beef and left the tortillia.... it was smothered in green chili. Oh man... I was HURTING that afternoon. The only thing I can think is that the green chili had flour in it? Totally sucked for my afternoon.... felt hot, headachey, so uncomfortably full and sick feeling... I did my sprint workout when I got home to help my body burn off insulin... I slept ok. Felt like someone slipped me a food mickey....

Today:

2 ham/egg cups, 5 raspberries with 1/2 C yogurt, coffee with goat milk - green tea with mint at work - plain.

Comment

11/30/11

30 min walk this AM

B: 2 eggs/4 slices bacon, coffee with goat milk, 2 cups plain green tea at work - so warm and toasty....

Handful of walnuts....1/4 cup is how much my handful is of almonds... so figure it's roughly that?

L: Homemade turkey soup - turkey, stock, carrots, celery, garlic, oregano, basil, parsley... asparagus in butter

D: an eggplant dish I made... eggplant, parmesean, onion, ground beef, cinnamon - some other spices I think - green salad - 2 glasses red wine - some cheese before dinner - maybe 3-4oz?

Forgot to workout... sigh. Got home and storm moving in - needed to blanket horses, fill stock tanks...husband got home at the same time...threw my mind set off... however will work out tomorrow vs. going on a morning walk since it's supposed to be 40mph winds and 11 degrees or something... we dont' go walking in that sort of extreme weather. Cold is fine but with wind that strong? No thanks.... wind and single digits (wind chill) in the dark at 5am are no go for us.... single digits and sun is a different story. Sun makes up for a lot! Wind is always a killer for us. Horrible to be buffeted like that... we are only 20 miles from the WY border... wind happens!

Felt like I ate a lot today...
                                Last edited by Shanster; 11-30-2011, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X